QB Controversy

FIVE

I'm not sure Fitz did anything today that Trent doesn't do, except for the first pass of the game (i.e., the ball to TO in the middle of the field, which he dropped).

If Fitz can work the middle of the field and throw the ball even in the vicinity of our receivers, I'd start him over TE.

That long strike to Lee Evans, Trent can't and won't do.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but I was not comparing him to Trent and his total was 123 yards. (2 halves).

I get that, but my point is 3 offensive TD's in 6 quarters is the difference. And lets not forget, it could have easily been 2 more. The Evans reversal would have gave us the ball on the two, and that was a catch. None the less, it wasnt overturned because of the throw. Then they had the ball in scoring position again at the end, but just ran short to kill clock and get a FG. If we needed a TD there that could have easily resulted in another TD.

All the while Trent led us to 1 TD in his last 14 quarters of play.

This might be he suckiest QB controversy in the history of the NFL....

Edwards, the high percentage, throw to my backs, throw to the 4th string TE on a 1 yard out pattern against the sidelines so he is tackled immediately and has nowhere to run, refuse to throw more than 10 yards downfield QB, that shows some nice running ability versus Fitzpatrick, the wildly inaccurate, where the heck is that ball going, ball sailing because I throw off my back foot and refuse to step into a throw even when I have no pressure, hesitant to run, take some shots downfield and throw the ball into tight spots for your WR's to make plays, but still complete about 52% of your passes QB...

How does Buffalo get themselves into these messes with 2 QB's who both suck equally but in different ways?

Improve Edwards? One of his biggest problems against Cleveland was that he was trying far too damned hard, and making very stupid decisions because of it.

Odds are this is going to make him even more !@#$ed in the head.

You're a half empty kind of guy, aren't you?

I didnt say this season, I havent done a comparison like I did in 2008...if you want to find out, you literally have to look up each starting QB individually...

Here is some more fun info for you: Fitz in the first halves of games in 2008: QB Rating 98

But guess what, in 2009 his first half QB rating is still just 78 with guess what ONLY TWO TD's in the 12 quarters of play he has had in the first half this year. So, its pretty clear he is one of the worst first half QB's...

What do 2008 stats have to do with anything? Could it be because Fitz's 2009 QB rating is 8 points lower that Trents?

Guest dog14787

I apologize folks, but I can't post anything without this guy bringing up anything from the past he can to start an argument so I'm just giving him a taste of his own medicine.

meh, except for the fact that he's been to gun shy trent has clearly shown he does everything better than fitz. i say put trent back in and if he doesn't show a bit more urgency in his decision making, pull him for fitz. clearly fitz got the ball a bunch of extra times and threw bad picks against the jets and eventually got lucky and hit evans for some passes.

imo trent gets another shot to lose the job as both aren't that great.

what exactly does he do better than Fitz ?

I'll give you checkdowns and losing, other than that I cannot think of anything except for being a pansy and a loser.

I get that, but my point is 3 offensive TD's in 6 quarters is the difference. And lets not forget, it could have easily been 2 more. The Evans reversal would have gave us the ball on the two, and that was a catch. None the less, it wasnt overturned because of the throw. Then they had the ball in scoring position again at the end, but just ran short to kill clock and get a FG. If we needed a TD there that could have easily resulted in another TD.

All the while Trent led us to 1 TD in his last 14 quarters of play.

9 Picks in 2 games, do you think they contributed at all? or was it Fitz driving the team 99 yards on every drive?

and that's stupid, because its not what you posted, folks ragged on you then when you posted it and I'm ragging on you now.

hahahahahahaha...you are so stupid...you just posted my quote for me and thats word for word what I posted. Let me help you since your reading level is like 4th grade...when I said the its a "cohesive unit" it was a direct point about an offensive line in general dumbass...

I mean I just wrote one sentence earlier they have not gelled...and I was making the point that its the problem becuase offensive lines are cohesive units...

LMAO :lol: Nice try...well not really, but at least you made me laugh out loud

Here is a beer to help clear your head Einstein B-)

What do 2008 stats have to do with anything? Could it be because Fitz's 2009 QB rating is 8 points lower that Trents?

Dude, a comment was made about Fitz having a bad first half...my point was so what, Trent notoriously has bad first halves, so why does that matter.

You are the one draggin on and on about it...

The only stats that matter are points, aka touchdowns, and Trent is putting those up either.

Do you actually think Fitz won us the last 2 games? JP could have won those games (but you already new that)

But Trent couldnt...thats the point, as he clearly has established when he couldnt beat a team where a QB threw just two lousy completions the whole freaking game...

9 Picks in 2 games, do you think they contributed at all? or was it Fitz driving the team 99 yards on every drive?

Make all the excuses you want for Trent. He is 1-4. Fitz is 2-0. The d has given Trent many turnovers and he squandered it. He is not a good QB. Fitz gives the Bills the best chance to win right now. If they put Trent back in there, they risk losing the defense for good. Putting in Trent = giving up on the season.

I'll use the same reasoning the Edward tools used two years ago, Fitz's presence in the game inspires the D to play harder

and come up with turnovers