So you think Ryan Fitzpatick is not good enough to win this week?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to tout the Panthers' pass defense, then you have no business discrediting ours.

Who's touting? I was merely pointing out the fearless matchups. The Panthers run defense is bad, but ours is even worse and maybe on pace to obliterate records in futility. Not to mention our secondary continues to be banged up. Does that make you feel happier?

For once I expect the Bills to put up a lot of points this week. 30+.

Not likely.

Buffalo is dead last against the run (181 ypg)

Carolina is ranked #8 in rushing (131 ypg)

Expect Carolina to (try to) run the ball all day long, win TOP and the game in a relatively low scoring affair. The key factor will be if Carolina can run the ball for extended drives, which they should be able to do against the Bills defense. If, and that is one mighty big IF, Buffalo can stop the run and force Delhomme to throw (4 TD, 10 INT), that may change the game IF the Bills D continues to come up with interceptions. But I would expect Carolina to continue to run the ball all day long unless the Bills are in the lead.

Not likely.

Buffalo is dead last against the run (181 ypg)

Carolina is ranked #8 in rushing (131 ypg)

Expect Carolina to (try to) run the ball all day long, win TOP and the game in a relatively low scoring affair. The key factor will be if Carolina can run the ball for extended drives, which they should be able to do against the Bills defense. If, and that is one mighty big IF, Buffalo can stop the run and force Delhomme to throw (4 TD, 10 INT), that may change the game IF the Bills D continues to come up with interceptions. But I would expect Carolina to continue to run the ball all day long unless the Bills are in the lead.

the bills have not stopped the run LATELY. they did a good job against the run the first couple games. we were burned by air. anyway, carolina will attempt to run. but by putting 8-9 in box, they will be forced to throw. our dbs are decent enough and delhomey is struggling enough where we COULD steal a win.

anyway this is what i am wishing for.

if we get stomped by air and groung game, that will suck. (which could happen too)

good qbs on bad teams = bad team. qb plays a significant role. but not totally.

dan marino

k warner the first few years in arizona

dont even wanto to start a list. u get the point.

Bad teams? Bad offenses is the point. The Bills are a bad team with a bad offense because they have no QB.

There is no list. There may 1 or 2, Warner on the Giants or later on in ST Louis is probably what you wanted to say, although he had an injury which caused his problems.

If our offense was good we wouldnt be looking for a QB because the QB would be playing well. I just cant think of one offense that was good when a QB was playing bad.

Fearless matchups:

• Bell/Meredith/Scott vs. Julius Peppers
  • Williams and Stewart vs. the 32nd best run defense
  • Steve Smith vs. Drayton Florence
  • Fitzpatpatsack vs. #2 pass defense

Fearless matchups:

• Bell/Meredith/Scott vs. a defense with less sacks than ours
  • Lynch/ Jackson vs. the 25th best run defense
  • our 4th ranked passing defense vs. the 2nd worst passing attack
  • their 1st ranked INT passing game vs. our 2nd INT defense

But thanks for your 2,129 post telling us the Bills suck. Just a guess here, but not much going if you really feel the need to keep posting the same negative stuff every day huh?

Bad teams? Bad offenses is the point. The Bills are a bad team with a bad offense because they have no QB.

There is no list. There may 1 or 2, Warner on the Giants or later on in ST Louis is probably what you wanted to say, although he had an injury which caused his problems.

If our offense was good we wouldnt be looking for a QB because the QB would be playing well. I just cant think of one offense that was good when a QB was playing bad.

u were very vague. this is what u said,

"How long are people going to think like that?

The QB is the problem."

now if i knew u were talking about offense only...then my opinion would have been different. do u think brady on our team would = superbowl? most people would agree that we would still not make it that far.

Fearless matchups:

• Bell/Meredith/Scott vs. a defense with less sacks than ours
  • Lynch/ Jackson vs. the 25th best run defense
  • our 4th ranked passing defense vs. the 2nd worst passing attack
  • their 1st ranked INT passing game vs. our 2nd INT defense

But thanks for your 2,129 post telling us the Bills suck. Just a guess here, but not much going if you really feel the need to keep posting the same negative stuff every day huh?

:rolleyes:

So you think Ryan Fitzpatick is not good enough to win this week?

Yes. Yes I do. They an possibly win. Also just as good of a chance that the players put the team in position to win and Dick does some boneheaded thing and the team loses.

Anyways.. I'd put it at 50/50 chance the Bills win.

I dont think hes good enough to go out and win games with his arm, but is good enough not to loose the games for us either. He's capable of taking what the defense gives him, and while has allot of turnovers, they usually arent at key times.

What Optimistic Opie didn't say is that the Panthers have 13 sacks and the Bills 14. Huge gulf there. <_<

Yeah, also misses the point that we're tied for 10th in the league, not at/near the bottom as "less sacks than ours" would suggest. <_<

good qbs on bad teams = bad team. qb plays a significant role. but not totally.

dan marino

k warner the first few years in arizona

dont even wanto to start a list. u get the point.

Marino went to the Super Bowl his rookie year, & would have been to many more if not for the Buffalo Bills. Warner was in a slump playing like Trent then finally got it together again in Arizona.

I don't know why. I have a gut feeling that the Bills are going to explode under Fitz this week. Call it wishful thinking (probably is). I think Trent Edwards has become a bigger liability at QB than most of us think...

Is this a repeat from the JP Losman days? Or...any QB...waaaiiit...folks were saying that about Kelly his last year too.