Two Titans fined for hitting Tom Brady

Max997

how ridiculous is this getting, players are getting flagged every week for even getting close to this guy and now the fines start...meanwhile Edwards gets crushed by two Jet defenders and they dont even throw a flag

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ting-tom-brady/

As if a 59-0 loss wasn't bad enough, Sunday's embarrassment at the hands of the New England Patriots just got a little worse for two players on the Tennessee Titans' defense.

The NFL fined Titans safety Chris Hope $10,000 for a hit on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in Sunday's game. Hope was flagged for roughing the passer for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Brady, who threw a touchdown pass on the play in question.

Titans defensive tackle Tony Brown was also fined $5,000 for a hit on Brady in the game. Brown was flagged for a personal foul for making contact with Brady's helmet.

The Titans should have pounded Brady and their backup QB every time they kept passing once that game got out of hand...what kind of a tool do you have to be to call shotgun passing plays with your backup QB in the game up 59-0 in the snow and playing an 0-5 team with less then 3 mins to play....what made this even worse was the announcers applauding the Pats for not rubbing it in by not kicking the FG

Boooooo Hoooooooo poor Titans I hope we didn't hurt their feelings by scoring too many points. If they didn't like it theres something they could have done about it.....stopped us. At that point in the game we were giving our Undrafted Rookie Back up QB reps in a gametime situation. Booooooo Hoooooooo It was like 45-0 at the half, what would super nice guy dick Juaron have done at that point, take a knee on every play of the 2nd half? (obviously no one will ever know because his teams suck can't throttle someone like BB's teams can)

Bah. Patriots fans are all pussies who worship pretty boys and cheaters. They can all suck it. :censored:

Boooooo Hoooooooo poor Titans I hope we didn't hurt their feelings by scoring too many points. If they didn't like it theres something they could have done about it.....stopped us. At that point in the game we were giving our Undrafted Rookie Back up QB reps in a gametime situation. Booooooo Hoooooooo It was like 45-0 at the half, what would super nice guy dick Juaron have done at that point, take a knee on every play of the 2nd half? (obviously no one will ever know because his teams suck can't throttle someone like BB's teams can)

I agree with Belichick about running up the score - he basically says that the other team needs to get better and stop them. Heck the Bills in their hurry-up K-Gun days embarrased quite a few teams.

In regards to the Tennessee game, if I were coach Fisher knowing that my secondary was sucking, I would have blitzed everyone, every down to knock Brady into next week. As far behind as they got, do you really care whether they score again?

I don't feel sorry for the Titans, but I don't see the logic of the Patriots having their franchise QB out there late in the 3rd and 4th quarter throwing bombs when they have a 30 point lead. I would think you would be asking for a beat-down of your QB at that point.

Just my OHO.

I agree with Belichick about running up the score - he basically says that the other team needs to get better and stop them. Heck the Bills in their hurry-up K-Gun days embarrased quite a few teams.

In regards to the Tennessee game, if I were coach Fisher knowing that my secondary was sucking, I would have blitzed everyone, every down to knock Brady into next week. As far behind as they got, do you really care whether they score again?

I don't feel sorry for the Titans, but I don't see the logic of the Patriots having their franchise QB out there late in the 3rd and 4th quarter throwing bombs when they have a 30 point lead. I would think you would be asking for a beat-down of your QB at that point.

Just my OHO.

They didnt. Tom terrific came out in the second series of the 3rd quarter

how ridiculous is this getting, players are getting flagged every week for even getting close to this guy and now the fines start...meanwhile Edwards gets crushed by two Jet defenders and they dont even throw a flag

As if a 59-0 loss wasn't bad enough, Sunday's embarrassment at the hands of the New England Patriots just got a little worse for two players on the Tennessee Titans' defense.

The NFL fined Titans safety Chris Hope $10,000 for a hit on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in Sunday's game. Hope was flagged for roughing the passer for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Brady, who threw a touchdown pass on the play in question.

Titans defensive tackle Tony Brown was also fined $5,000 for a hit on Brady in the game. Brown was flagged for a personal foul for making contact with Brady's helmet.

The Titans should have pounded Brady and their backup QB every time they kept passing once that game got out of hand...what kind of a tool do you have to be to call shotgun passing plays with your backup QB in the game up 59-0 in the snow and playing an 0-5 team with less then 3 mins to play....what made this even worse was the announcers applauding the Pats for not rubbing it in by not kicking the FG

The NFL has lost all credibility in their dealings with NE*. Goodell is a total loser as the commissioner.

i didnt see the game. zero interest. so i cannot judge if the flag/fines are fair. however i can say that players and commentators are aware brady is being favored. (watched inside the nfl after the ravens/pats game and they had a whole segment on this ticky tack crap brady is getting)

i want to say get lost ice cold, but damn u have more posts than me. what a **ck!

even if the bills were defending superbowl champs, i would never invade other boards....

I have no problem with the Pats* running up the score, that's between them and the other players in the league, eventually they will get theirs.

What I don't get is the special treatment that Brady gets, while other QB's, including Favre got their clocks cleaned this past weekend, nobody can sneeze whithin 5 yds. of Brady without a flag and now a fine.

Patriots have no class..and it will be fun watching them get knocked off the perch like they were by the Giants in the superbowl.

Boooooo Hooooo, sniff, sniff. Everyday I wake up and thank God I am not Patriots fan.

and this is what Patriot fans are worse then Cowboys fans...where were all the Patriot fans 10 years ago anyway? oh yeah, they sucked then...bunch of frauds

the Bills teams are those years did blow some teams out but they would not intentionally run up the score at the end of the game with their backup players...Reich would come in and hand the ball to Kenneth Davis 3 times and they would either punt or run the ball again, they certainly would not be passing up 59-0

the better question is why would the Pats want to extend a game like that and risk injury especially in the snow

Honestly I think it is going to get to a point that players are going to intentionally take him out. Hey if you are going to get flagged then do something to really get flagged for.