Trent's problem

ottawabills

trent's problem is he's not a good quarterback. conveniently, he will always have that concussion last year against arizona to fall back on. he forgets to pick up milk on the way home for his 'significant other' 10 years down the road? "it's the concussion" forgets to flush the toilet? "that damn concussion again"

Wow, Bizell, you are brutal, man!

LOL!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being the Bills fan from Ottawa is my gimmick. Please find another one...thanks!

:cry:

On Trent, it's not the concussion in Arizona, he played great against San Diego and KC following the hit. It's simply a confidence issue. Our melbatoast coach has put fear into taking risks with his "play not to lose" mentality. Throwing a ball into tight coverage or a moving target means the chance of a pick. And Jauron's game plan is set so that one mistake means a loss.

I hope Trent takes the rest of the year off and comes back and CHALLENGES FOR THE STARTING POSITION AGAINST SUITABLE COMPETITION (no gimmes in camp next year) under a new staff that understands how to build an offense.

He wasnt fully recovered after the AZ game. He got by in the SD game cuz he wasnt hit very hard.just a few decent hits caused the concussion stuff to return..thats why the play level didnt go down for a game or 2.

-Now every single time he gets a hard knock he is going to get another concussion.

He needs to either retire or take 1-2 years off to allow his brain to heal. THEN maybe he can start again and learn to be a QB.

Of course the concussion isnt the excuse for everything. There are the issues of having a terrible coach ...and never developing at all from late 07/early 08.

I think many on this board said it before the season - Trent would be out by game 6 or 7. We anticipated it, the coaches really should have also, although who knows with these clowns.

Lets hope Fitz is capable. At least somewhat.

Draft a qb round 1 or 2.

Thats it

Guest dog14787
I think many on this board said it before the season - Trent would be out by game 6 or 7. We anticipated it, the coaches really should have also, although who knows with these clowns.

Lets hope Fitz is capable. At least somewhat.

Draft a qb round 1 or 2.

Thats it

Requires allot of insight and intelligence I suppose to determine that the worse O-line in the NFL was probably going to get our QB injured. :cry:

Why are you showing us an article that disputes what you are saying, I'm not sure I follow you , but I do have a good buzz going. :cry:

Didn't it have something to do with Tom Donohoe wanting part of Williams coaching staff removed and Greg Williams refused to fire one of his assistant's so he was fired.

I'm going by memory so I'm probably wrong :cry:

Well, you can't even spell Gregg's name right, so I'm not surprised that you can't understand that a coach without a contract cannot be fired. :beer: Edit: I realize the title of the article says "Firing" but that is poor editing and clearly not the case if you read the article. Williams was offered and spurned a contract extension before the season. He went into his final season with his 1st round pick being wasted on a player who'd never play that year. He went into his final season being hen pecked about his staff and having the front office impose their own choices of coaches on him. We find out now that he supposedly lobbied to get Drew Brees as his franchise QB (cannot be verified of course and may be revisionist) but was apparently overruled. The Bills suffered a collapse down the stretch of his final year (just like last year) and Donahoe realized, correctly, that even trying to bring back his coach after that would be a marketing blunder. But, that's assuming Williams had interest in coming back in the first place. It's pretty clear from his actions that he was not completely sold on staying in Buffalo. He could have been in the exact same situation Jauron was in last year -- signing an extension, having his team fold and die during the stretch run, and Ralph lobbying to keep him rather than pay him to stay home. Indeed, his decision wasn't bad. He got out of Buffalo and found a job quickly in Washington and was supposedly the head coach in waiting there. Now, he is considered one of the better coordinators in the NFL and may be on the verge of getting another shot somewhere else where he may be more successful.

People act like TE was some kind of amazing QB prior to the Arizona game...he's the same guy he is today. Absolutely no ability to throw receivers open in anticipation, constant fear of going downfield and 15 checkdown completions a game.....nothings changed. He'll win most of the games in which things go well around him(IE vs bad teams), but will not win any on his own.

Guest dog14787
Well, you can't even spell Gregg's name right, so I'm not surprised that you can't understand that a coach without a contract cannot be fired. And, you are wrong as usual.

O.K., I gotcha, and technically speaking you are correct.

You called it first on the No huddle way back when, good call.

People act like TE was some kind of amazing QB prior to the Arizona game...he's the same guy he is today. Absolutely no ability to throw receivers open in anticipation, constant fear of going downfield and 15 checkdown completions a game.....nothings changed. He'll win most of the games in which things go well around him(IE vs bad teams), but will not win any on his own.

Its amazing how many people dont realize this...

How many SB champions do you think you will find that are not ranked in the top ten on defense over the last decade or two, I haven't looked but I suspect the defenses on most SB Championship teams are ranked high.

In the big dance, defenses still win championships. Ask the G-men

Man, you just cant help yourself but spout gibberish you dont know anything about...trust, me its less than you think...

Trent Edwards problem is an inexperienced O-line and OC along with a HC who should be coaching the DB's.

Trent Edwards problem is the bone headed FO that decided to get cute and revamp a decent O-line in the offseason.

Trent Edwards problem is the Buffalo Bills don't have a clue on how to do anything right including develop a QB without getting him killed. :rolleyes:

AMEN BROTHER....

I love all these retards who check groceries for a living talking about concussions.....

It's the line, period.

Guest dog14787
How many SB champions do you think you will find that are not ranked in the top ten on defense over the last decade or two, I haven't looked but I suspect the defenses on most SB Championship teams are ranked high.

In the big dance, defenses still win championships. Ask the G-men

Man, you just cant help yourself but spout gibberish you dont know anything about...trust, me its less than you think...

Since 2000: Rams (The only exception to the rule)

2001 Ravens, Good D, 2002 Pats, Good D, 2003 Tampa, Good D, 2004 Pats, Good D, 2005 Pats, Good D, 2006 Steelers, Good D, 2007 Colts, Good D, 2008 Giants, Good D, 2009 Steelers, Good D