I totally forgot about Fitzpatrick's

murra

"Fitzpatrick played his first NFL game on November 27, 2005. Coming into the game in the second quarter against the Houston Texans to replace an injured Jamie Martin, Fitzpatrick lead the Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns. This made Fitzpatrick one of only five players who passed for 300 yards in their NFL debut. The others were Otto Graham, 346 yards (1950); Ed Rubbert, 334 (a replacement player for the Washington Redskins during the 1987 strike); Mark Rypien, 303 (1988), and Peyton Manning, 302 (1998)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Fitzpatrick

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time Trent threw for 300 in a full game?

Actually it hasn't. He finished the year strong last year with 3 wins in a row. That was his first significant action. I would say the jury is out on whether this guy can play as a number 1.

"Fitzpatrick played his first NFL game on November 27, 2005. Coming into the game in the second quarter against the Houston Texans to replace an injured Jamie Martin, Fitzpatrick lead the Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns. This made Fitzpatrick one of only five players who passed for 300 yards in their NFL debut. The others were Otto Graham, 346 yards (1950); Ed Rubbert, 334 (a replacement player for the Washington Redskins during the 1987 strike); Mark Rypien, 303 (1988), and Peyton Manning, 302 (1998)."

Fitzpatrick = Rob Johnson

He'll probably be remembered for a career more like that of Ed Rubbert than Peyton Manning.

This is my first post here. I usually post on the other message board. I'm not sure what to think about Fitzpatrick at the moment. The guy is 26 years old with only 15 starts. Edwards has around 29 starts I think. So there is still some upside. If he could just work on his accuracy he could be a good QB. When I saw him catch the Jets with too many men on the field with a quick snap I thought I was watching Manning. He is also willing to throw into double coverage. There was an article saying how he was changing to plays that wasn't even in the gameplan. That is amazing seeing as how this is his first year with the team and Edwards 3rd year with the team. Shouldn't Edwards do that? Anyways I don't know what to think because he is still young. Some people act like he has been in this league for 10+ years and hasn't done a thing. Some times all it takes is luck to find that QB. Fitz looks like he wants to win, and with him in the game the energy of the offense was different with him in.

This is my first post here. I usually post on the other message board. I'm not sure what to think about Fitzpatrick at the moment. The guy is 26 years old with only 15 starts. Edwards has around 29 starts I think. So there is still some upside. If he could just work on his accuracy he could be a good QB. When I saw him catch the Jets with too many men on the field with a quick snap I thought I was watching Manning. He is also willing to throw into double coverage. There was an article saying how he was changing to plays that wasn't even in the gameplan. That is amazing seeing as how this is his first year with the team and Edwards 3rd year with the team. Shouldn't Edwards do that? Anyways I don't know what to think because he is still young. Some people act like he has been in this league for 10+ years and hasn't done a thing. Some times all it takes is luck to find that QB. Fitz looks like he wants to win, and with him in the game the energy of the offense was different with him in.

You, sir, are amazingly prescient; the only thing Fitz - and the Bills - lack is a coach like...

Mike Leach

Google'd the same thing myself a few weeks back; Otto Graham & Peyton Manning = great precedent. Another thing in our favour - *WEO's usually wrong.

Sometimes, but not ususally.

Go back to fluffing Mike Leach. You know, if you were truly interested in promoting a good college coach from the sate of Texas, you would be talking up Gary Patterson.

Mike Leach---what a clown.

I would like to see him get a fair shot at starting. The media are all writing him off as a career back up but I liked what I saw against the Jets. He needs to improve on his accuracy. If that can happen I see him as a viable option. I just don't see a future for Trent here. He is shell shocked in the pocket and this O line is a couple of years away from giving him the comfort zone he needs to regain his pre-concussion form, and by that time I believe Trent will be gone.

If the guy had show great promise as a QB he would be starting for some team OR Cincy would have made a great effort to resign him as Carson Palmer is always injured the last few years.

Defenses usually have a tendency to play differently against the back up QB simply because they haven't scouted him, so they really aren't sure what to expect from the him. That is of course unless the defense is playing "lights out" and don't change a thing and still dominate.

We will get a look at what Fitz can do as a fully prepared QB, one that takes all the snaps in practice and can run the full game plan and not some simplified scheme because he is the backup.

The few thing's he has going for him is Steve Johnson will see more playing time and Parrish will sit, he will also get Bell as tackle,something that Edwards didn't have the last few weeks. Good lord, he was running for his life against the Saints each play.

Also realize Fitzpatrick went 4-3-1 last year with an ATROCIOUS Bungles team. This guy may fit the bill as a decent replacement for the remainder of the season.

And yet again, this couldn't be anymore false. He was 4-7-1.

Sometimes, but not ususally.

Go back to fluffing Mike Leach. You know, if you were truly interested in promoting a good college coach from the sate of Texas, you would be talking up Gary Patterson.

Mike Leach---what a clown.

Don't know much about him, other than yes - he does look like a clown...

Gary Patterson

What's he known for? The Bills really need a genius on offense, and QBs in particular - does Patterson fit that bill? Can you name one great NFL (or college) player that Patterson has developed?

Fitz and Edwards are about the same age, so that shouldn't go in the comparison. Otherwise good post. I just can't blame the "young" thing anymore.