Just for fun lets hope That Ryan Fitz and Kyle Orton have something in

Kyle was horrible when he first started in his career. Then last year something changed for him. He now has his team undefeated. Lets hope the game slows down for Ryan and this is the same type of turnaround as Kyle had last year.

one can hope... :thumbsup:

Kyle was horrible when he first started in his career. Then last year something changed for him. He now has his team undefeated. Lets hope the game slows down for Ryan and this is the same type of turnaround as Kyle had last year.

Is it me or does Ryan Fitzpatrick look like he is 5'8, 170 lbs?

On TV...he looks soooooooo small! He looks like Roscoe's twin!

Guest dog14787

Kyle Orton now has 28 wins with 11 loses in his career and as much as I like Fitz, he has a long way to go to even be compared to Kyle Orton in my opinion.

Orton's stats may suggest otherwise, but all he does is win ball games.

All we need is the #1 D in the league and 2 fast explosive receivers, and one who is probably the top 3 in physical domination in the league. That's all we need as well and we could be undefeated!!!

Oh, and a coach that inspires his player to have high energy.

You forgot to add - an experience offensive coordinator that knows how to use his offense's best weapons and hide their weaknesses.

What McDaniels & Co. are doing in Denver is awe-inspiring. I know I'm eating a lot of crow considering how quickly I wrote the Broncos off before the season began. Why couldn't I have been this wrong about the Bills?!?!

Kyle Orton was never as bad as he was thought to be. He was the best QB on the Bears roster the day he was drafted (which is not saying much). He won a handful of games his rookie year while starting due to injury, and played well when he finally was a starter. Now he has a good coach who can make an average QB look like a HOFer - just like Brady.

Kyle Orton was never as bad as he was thought to be. He was the best QB on the Bears roster the day he was drafted (which is not saying much). He won a handful of games his rookie year while starting due to injury, and played well when he finally was a starter. Now he has a good coach who can make an average QB look like a HOFer - just like Brady.

Kyle Orton checks down more than Trent Edwards. I think when I was watching the past game, the announcer (can't remember who) said that he's only thrown somthing like 8 total passes that have traveled farther than 10 yards or something this season.

Trent is still by far the best quarterback on the team. Fitzpatrick put up awful number, an atrocious passer rating, and everyone is all over him. I dont understand.

TE hit Evans on exactly the same pass that Fitzpatrick hit him on, and Evans just happened to get tripped up. The improvement in the offense didn't come from Edwards going out, it came from huddling and it came from having AVP coach from the sidelines and actaully know what was going on.

I still think we have a better offense than has been shown, but Fitz isn't the guy to lead us into the promise land and he is still the 2nd best QB on the team by a long shot.

Kyle Orton checks down more than Trent Edwards. I think when I was watching the past game, the announcer (can't remember who) said that he's only thrown somthing like 8 total passes that have traveled farther than 10 yards or something this season.

Throwing checkdowns (safe passes) when you have the lead is managing the game and not making mistakes. Throwing checkdowns (safe passes) when you're down by 10 points in the 4th quarter is playing scared.

There is a time to air it out or thrown into double coverage and there's a time to check it down to the RB. Some QBs figure it out, some don't. Denver's 34 points would suggest that Orton has figured it out.

Trent is still by far the best quarterback on the team. Fitzpatrick put up awful number, an atrocious passer rating, and everyone is all over him. I dont understand.

TE hit Evans on exactly the same pass that Fitzpatrick hit him on, and Evans just happened to get tripped up. The improvement in the offense didn't come from Edwards going out, it came from huddling and it came from having AVP coach from the sidelines and actaully know what was going on.

I still think we have a better offense than has been shown, but Fitz isn't the guy to lead us into the promise land and he is still the 2nd best QB on the team by a long shot.

Agree that TE would appear to have marginally better physical kills than RF, but suffers from a much more significant and debilitating limitation - call it lack of self confidence or "over-conservatism", or whatever, (everybody on this board knows what I mean)- that just kills his ability to make and execute the right decision.

I think the KO/RF comparison is not unreasonable, at this point at least. KO is probably a better passer, but RF is certainly more mobile and is a legitimate threat to run effectively. The real similarity is that we think there is perhaps a viable chance that both KO and RF are the types of QBs who can just find a way to win despite the fact that neither one of them will ever have elite skills. I will gladly take that any day of the week. RF deserves a chance to prove that he can be that type of quarterback.

After seeing the Trent led Bills routinely blow short yardage third down conversions what a welcome change it was to see RF twice convert on QB sneaks against the Jets. Just a detail, but little things can make a world of differrence. Catching the Jets on a quick snap with too many men is a little thing, but it shows good awareness. Little things can win ballgames.

I like Kyle Orton in the sense that he's a winner without spectacular stats...but one also has to remember that he's playing behing arguably the best offensive line in the NFL right now. That can make a lot of QBs win some games. Their d-line seems to be getting some pressure with that Elvis Dumerville (spelling?) guy, so to me it looks like a lot of their success is coming from having strong lines. Just another example of why it all starts up front.

You forgot to add - an experience offensive coordinator that knows how to use his offense's best weapons and hide their weaknesses.

Have you been too a single game this year. If you have you would see that the play calling by AVP is not the problem. T.O. and Evans get open but Trent doesn't let them make a play. Trent is not comfortable in the pocket and doesn't allow time to for anything to develop. He goes through his progessions in just a couple seconds and checks down instead of having the confidence in himself and his recievers and let them make a play on the ball.

Fitzy' may not have the best record or a great completion rate but he steps up in the pocket and looks for a play to develop. Fitz takes the chances that trent is afaid, I don't care if he incompletes %50 of his passes as long as every pass isn't a check down.

EX. on the slant touchdown pass to Evans last week Marshawn was open for the check down. No way in H*LL Trent takes that shot to Evans. He would have checked down and knowing our track record we would have settled for a field goal.

I like Kyle Orton in the sense that he's a winner without spectacular stats...but one also has to remember that he's playing behing arguably the best offensive line in the NFL right now. That can make a lot of QBs win some games. Their d-line seems to be getting some pressure with that Elvis Dumerville (spelling?) guy, so to me it looks like a lot of their success is coming from having strong lines. Just another example of why it all starts up front.

Very true. I intended to mention this together with the comment that RFs job was going to be harder than KO's for that reason. BTW I think the Bills did the right thing in blowing up that O-Line. Short term pain, long term gain. I really like our rookie interior lineman.

Very true. I intended to mention this together with the comment that RFs job was going to be harder than KO's for that reason. BTW I think the Bills did the right thing in blowing up that O-Line. Short term pain, long term gain. I really like our rookie interior lineman.

I also meant "linemen".

at one point i agreed. but once i found out that trent has never thrown over 300 yards a game (once in college)....i'm ready for the next one. if fitz has a field day this weekend or the next u will turn on trent too.

anyway just my observation.

oh yeah i agree, our offense is much better than has shown. they need to stop the 2 wide out formation as if we only had 2 wrs on our team.

That was an odd game all around. I'll' never understand why NYJ stopped pounding their run. Their staff lost that game. I really wonder how much the winds were a factor. Our poster, Ray Finkel, alerted us in the game thread that CBS dropped the TEN-NE* coverage and switched to BUF-NYJ some minutes into the 3rd quarter.

So I tuned in. The commentator Dan Fouts made mention of how winds can swirl around there - mentioned that the scoreboard on one end of the Meadowlands stadium presents problems with wind bouncing off of it.

TE was 5/5 with his short strikes before he got smashed. Fitz and Sanchez were a combined 20 for 54, and had 6 ints between them.

That was an odd game all around. I'll never understand why NYJ stopped pounding the run. Their staff lost that game. I really wonder how much the winds were a factor. Our fellow poster, Ray Finkel, alerted us in the game thread that CBS dropped the TEN-NE* coverage and switched to BUF-NYJ some minutes into the 3rd quarter.

So I tuned in. The commentator Dan Fouts made mention of how winds can swirl around there - mentioned that the scoreboard on one end of the Meadowlands stadium presents problems with wind bouncing off of it.

TE was 5/5 with his short strikes before he got smashed. Fitz and Sanchez were a combined 20 for 54, and had 6 ints between them. Weird...