What is the biggest disappointment this year?

billsfreak

The (continued) lack of utilizing the Tight End, namely Tony Gonzalez. He should have been ours last year (and still ours). A big target that always gets open whom a panicky/wimpy Qb can always find.

Although, ST has been downright raunchy.

The only problem with that is, last year he refused to come to Buffalo. He had control with a no-trade clause..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very special teams.

Edwards regressing to a Losman-like level.

The atrocious run defense. I mean, I didn't think it would be great...but I didn't think it would be embarrassingly bad, either. :ph34r:

Wow...even in admission that Trent sucks people are still taking shots at Losman. Since Edwards was never better than Losman I don't see how he could regress to his level. He started there.

The lack of creativity in the offence. Not using to and evens on the same side. You have a full back and you do not use him. Trent can throw deep I just do not know why they are not helping him develop into the QB everybody thinks he could be. I am tired of being the place that kills QB’s

The defense that is getting killed in the running game. Our best players are getting hurt way too much. No one has stepped up to be a play maker. I hate the type of defense we play. We do not match up very well. Too much zone. When we do blitz we get stuffed, no big hits on any QB's only ours.

This is the last year for Dick; he is just not getting it done. Please bring in a GM that knows how to draft and a name that people know and the players will run throught a wall for. Not one the player just like.

Sorry just venting............

When people like Pdaddy and others say Edwards didn't regress you haven't been watching the first 6 games of the year in 2008. He was averaging around 240 yards, a rating over 92, and he made some plays down the field, sometimes at key points (Jax game, Raiders game) when we were behind. He was playing good enough that people in the league looked at him as a potential MVP candidate as crazy as that sounds right now.

If that's not regression and he showed nothing this conversation would be over.

My biggest disappointment has been the destruction of a young QB in Edwards, the regression of ST, and how Dick is still the coach.

The year as a whole has been totally disappointing, but in my opinion, surprisingly the biggest disappointment has been the Special Teams. For the past 6 or 7 years, the team has for the most part stunk, but you could always count on the Special Teams keeping us in games, and has been rated in the top percentage of the league every year. This year they have blown two games with fumbles, had punts touch them and lost the ball, had big runbacks against them, way too many penalties, been unable to get down to down punts, just plain undisciplined football. Not sure what has happened to Bobby April's Special Teams, but outstanding play by them has become a memory. They show April every game upset, screaming, appearing like he has lost control, along with the rest of the coaching staff. What has happened?

nothing really--I expected a complete mess--eventually.We could easily be fooling ourselves with a 4-2 record..which could have ballooned to 6-2.But of course we'd wind up at 7-9 either way.

Its hard to be disappointed in something when you expect it. Buck stops at Ralph.--But I'm not disappointed in him.He is 91.We expect him to change??

Perrrhaps there is some disappointment that the TO thing this year hasn't been more fun.Of course we knew Trent /Jauron wouldn't couldn't get him the ball enough.Anyone who has followed TOs career knows that he needs a lot of passes thrown his way.he will drop a few but he will come thru in a big way and cause a kot of excitement.---So perhaps its the lack of TO fun this year. And maybe more to the point now is that I am disappointed that TO hasn't yet caused a ruckus...maybe lit a fire under SOMEBODY in this dysfunctional organization. -Well the year is still young....but excruciatingly boring.

The most disappointing player=Maybin of course. But then again--when was the last home run we hit with a high high draft choice?? Its been a while.

When people like Pdaddy and others say Edwards didn't regress you haven't been watching the first 6 games of the year in 2008. He was averaging around 240 yards, a rating over 92, and he made some plays down the field, sometimes at key points (Jax game, Raiders game) when we were behind. He was playing good enough that people in the league looked at him as a potential MVP candidate as crazy as that sounds right now.

My biggest disappointment has been the destruction of a young QB in Edwards, the regression of ST, and how Dick is still the coach.

Jax and Oakland? Were they even NFL teams last year? LOL.We beat bad teams with that end up with winning records. Show me a good Edwards game and MORE importantly Buffalo OFFENSIVE WIN against a good team!

Yep you're right Edwards was a star and we screwed him up.

Wow...even in admission that Trent sucks people are still taking shots at Losman. Since Edwards was never better than Losman I don't see how he could regress to his level. He started there.

It's not a shot at Losman. It's recognition that Edwards has somehow developed the same flaws in his game and is making the same stupid mistakes now that Losman did two seasons ago.

I took my shot at Losman years ago...when I declared him a first-round bust after he was drafted. :wallbash:

You do realize he wasnt that good in our first 6 games last year right? He was most unproductive in almost all the games but two. Key plays in 3 of them by our defense, ST, and Lynch bailed him out. Not saying he didnt make some good plays at the end of some of these games, but his game as a whole was not very good in 3 of them and others bailed us to put us in position to steal a win.

Sea - Good game

Oak, Jax, St. Louis - He was bad in 3 quarters of these games. Sure he made a couple key throws late, but honestly, we were in these games becuase other players got us there. Without the defensive TD late, the ST TD late, Marshawns two miraculous runs to extend the game winning drive on TWO Trent checkdowns one on 3rd and ten and the other on 4th and long, or Kawikas INT, we lose at least 2 of these games and probably all 3. We barely beat these 3 teams who were 3 of the worst in football.

AZ - hurt

SD - Good game

So, of the first 6 games, he played in 5 and he was good in only 2. And all of these teams were literally amongst the worst in defense last year and all were amongst the worst teams in football (AZ doesnt count as he didnt really play) with the exception of SD who turned it on AFTER our game but still had one of the worst pass D's in the league.

Alpha and Pdaddy,

He was averaging around 220 yards, a rating over 92, for his first 6 games and he made some plays down the field. To say certain teams are bad that he played forgets that every QB plays crappy teams as well.

If that's not good to you what would you consider most of Jim Kelly's career:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KellJi00.htm

No, I'm not comparing him to Kelly as they are different QBs, but if you want more production just sign Peyton Manning, as he is readily available.

My point is he was playing decent and even the talking heads mentioned him in the MVP breath. If you don't want to acknowledge facts that's fine, but don't pretend they don't exist.

He has regressed and it's horrible to the team, and he played like an NFL QB last year, and this year he's playing like he belongs to the UFL.

You do realize he wasnt that good in our first 6 games last year right? He was most unproductive in almost all the games but two. Key plays in 3 of them by our defense, ST, and Lynch bailed him out. Not saying he didnt make some good plays at the end of some of these games, but his game as a whole was not very good in 3 of them and others bailed us to put us in position to steal a win.

Sea - Good game

Oak, Jax, St. Louis - He was bad in 3 quarters of these games. Sure he made a couple key throws late, but honestly, we were in these games becuase other players got us there. Without the defensive TD late, the ST TD late, Marshawns two miraculous runs to extend the game winning drive on TWO Trent checkdowns one on 3rd and ten and the other on 4th and long, or Kawikas INT, we lose at least 2 of these games and probably all 3. We barely beat these 3 teams who were 3 of the worst in football.

AZ - hurt

SD - Good game

So, of the first 6 games, he played in 5 and he was good in only 2. And all of these teams were literally amongst the worst in defense last year and all were amongst the worst teams in football (AZ doesnt count as he didnt really play) with the exception of SD who turned it on AFTER our game but still had one of the worst pass D's in the league.

That is the difference between the first 5 or 6 games this year and last year-Lynch is a moron and got suspended, the Defense has sucked for the most part and the ST's instead of bailing us out, have been losing games for us.

Trent Edwards, the run defense, never-ending injuries, continued Dick Jauron brain farts, ill-conceived offense, not being able to get the ball to either WR, Aaron Maybin being JAG on the field, special teams stinking up the joint, Marshawn Lynch being mostly invisible, and people thinking Fitzpatpatsack has a "cannon arm" because he threw a couple pitches more than 5 yards unlike Trentative Checkwards.