Byrd/Wilson better than Whitner/Scott?

Both seem to be Ball-hawks, but they may be weaker against the run.

Byrd also seem to bring a load when he hits people.

Your thoughts??

Well, if you play a fair amount of Cover 2 defense, your safeties are covering the back zone. So they really don't get much into the run defense mix. So the theory goes...

If i had a nickel for every time the term "ball-hawk" was used here in the past 2 days.....

I've been shouting "the ballhawk!" every time I see Byrd make any sort of play, no matter how meaningless. I've been wondering why, too.

And yes, I think Byrd/Whitner is the goal, and now that Byrd is (or should be, at least) all caught up on the plays with all that missed time, I would imagine he'll be starting - or at least seeing some significant playing time - at FS. I think Whitner is more of a SS anyway, and I'm glad we finally admitted it when drafting Byrd. Scott never seemed like starting material to me, although he's great depth to have. Finally we can ignore the secondary (laugh if you want to - we both know it won't happen, but a man can dream) in the 2010 draft. LB's, pass-rushing DE (I still think Maybin's a bust), depth on the OL...and maybe a QB, unfortunately.

Your thoughts??

Honestly, I think the best combo would be Whitner at SS and Byrd at FS. Whitner brings better run support and Byrd has the ball hawk skills.

Your thoughts??

I can think of a little over 300 reasones why George Wilson should not be the starting SS. Let's see if you can guess what those are.

I would like to see Whitner at strong and Byrd at free if Whitner is healthy. In obvious run downs Scott can come in and play SS and Whitner can move back to FS. Scott and Florence may actually be decent FA pick-ups. Hope Scott's ankle heels soon.

I can think of a little over 300 reasones why George Wilson should not be the starting SS. Let's see if you can guess what those are.

I would like to see Whitner at strong and Byrd at free if Whitner is healthy. In obvious run downs Scott can come in and play SS and Whitner can move back to FS. Scott and Florence may actually be decent FA pick-ups. Hope Scott's ankle heels soon.

Funny, I have Byrd/Whitner on my 360 online Depth chart