Don't know if someone asked or not...but

Lv-Bills

wear their throwbacks against the Jets this week? Every other AFL team that played another AFL team did. Did Ole Russ just pack the wrong uni's or what?

Seriously though, I thought all games involving two AFL teams had both wearing the old uni's.

i might be wrong, but i dont think the Jets are an original AFL team from 1960. The throwbacks are supposed to be for Original teams only in head to head games...

You're wrong. The Jets have already worn their throwbacks once this season (those hideous mustard and and navy ones).

I thought the same thing too....why no throwbacks for an AFL matchup?

You're wrong. The Jets have already worn their throwbacks once this season (those hideous mustard and and navy ones).

I thought the same thing too....why no throwbacks for an AFL matchup?

You are correct. I was wrong. The Jets were an original team, as the Titans.

After a little search, i found a list of Flashback games, which I believe are the games where the NFL lets teams and officials wear the throwbacks. This weeks game Bills/Jets was not featured, since the Titans and Pats were. This may be the reason.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/decades/1960s/afl.aspx

The reason: the league wanted to make the Legacy Games something special, and they felt that going to the throwbacks for EVERY AFL matchup would diminish that. The Bills have two remaining on the schedule -- Nov. 15 at Tennessee, and home against the Dolphins on Nov. 29.

I'm a little surprised the Toronto game isn't on that list, but if they'd declared that the lone "home" throwback game, I would've screamed bloody murder. (Not that they would have listened to me, of course.)

The reason: the league wanted to make the Legacy Games something special, and they felt that going to the throwbacks for EVERY AFL matchup would diminish that. The Bills have two remaining on the schedule -- Nov. 15 at Tennessee, and home against the Dolphins on Nov. 29.

I'm a little surprised the Toronto game isn't on that list, but if they'd declared that the lone "home" throwback game, I would've screamed bloody murder. (Not that they would have listened to me, of course.)

wouldn't the Toronto game have the potential for the Bills to wear their "throw-forward" unis, considering many here are convinced that's where they're headed in, oh, say, a day or two?

jw

wouldn't the Toronto game have the potential for the Bills to wear their "throw-forward" unis, considering many here are convinced that's where they're headed in, oh, say, a day or two?

jw

Grrrrrrr...

Glad they're not putting the Toronto patch on those purty throwbacks, to be honest. And considering the fact that they're still selling tickets for that game (with no future commitments required, per that e-mail), one wonders how the $78-million cash-in-advance deal is looking to the Rogers side right now.

Grrrrrrr...

Glad they're not putting the Toronto patch on those purty throwbacks, to be honest. And considering the fact that they're still selling tickets for that game (with no future commitments required, per that e-mail), one wonders how the $78-million cash-in-advance deal is looking to the Rogers side right now.

Actually, this one wonders where that 78 million went. It sure as hell didn't get sunk into the team/coaching staff/front office.

Actually, this one wonders where that 78 million went. It sure as hell didn't get sunk into the team/coaching staff/front office.

If you look at what you wrote, you answered your own question...

:D

There is only one place else for it to go :unsure:

wear their throwbacks against the Jets this week? Every other AFL team that played another AFL team did. Did Ole Russ just pack the wrong uni's or what?

Seriously though, I thought all games involving two AFL teams had both wearing the old uni's.

i believe they are wearing their home throwbacks, since they already wore their away throwbacks this year.

And that will be at home against the JETS on Thurs 12/3 since it will be broadcast on NFLN.

i believe they are wearing their home throwbacks, since they already wore their away throwbacks this year.

And that will be at home against the JETS on Thurs 12/3 since it will be broadcast on NFLN.

Nope. As previously noted, per the Bills' weekly releases: Nov. 15 @Tennessee, and Nov. 29 vs. Miami.

ahh misinformed thanks lori, don't believe everything you hear on the radio kids

Now, remember, the Bills could always pull something out of the hat like they did for the Tampa road game. (Of course, they also got fined for showing up with the throwbacks that week.) That said, here's the official boilerplate from this week's release:

The Buffalo Bills unveiled their throwback jerseys after a

July 30 training camp practice in Pittsford, NY which will be worn

in four games during the 2009 season - including the Hall of

Fame game vs. Tennessee as part of the NFL’s AFL Legacy Games.

Coinciding with the celebration of the 50th anniversary

of the AFL, the eight original AFL teams will wear

historic uniforms during Legacy Games.

The Bills are scheduled to wear their throwback unifoms

which represent the team’s 1965 AFL Championship

season. The helmet is white and will feature a standing red buffalo.

Buffalo will wear their throwback uniforms for the following games:

Sunday, August 9 - Tennessee Titans (White)

Monday, September 14 - at N.E. Patriots (White)

Sunday, November 15 - at Tennessee Titans (White)

Sunday, November 29 - MIAMI DOLPHINS (Blue)

Can you think of a reason why they would use the Tenny game again, after the Hall Of Fame game since that was a national game?

Can you think of a reason why they would use the Tenny game again, after the Hall Of Fame game since that was a national game?

Not really, unless the Titans needed that as one of their three games. Hmm. They wore their faux-Oilers stuff on Sunday; let me check to see what other games they might have. (Of course, it's a little harder for them, since they don't have any old AFL rivals in their division.)

Back. Okay, San Diego and Buffalo are the only two original AFL teams on their home schedule. (Miami, as you probably know, wasn't one of the original eight ... which is why it's funny/strange that the Bills chose that game.) Not sure why Tenny wouldn't have gone with the Chargers game instead, especially since it's on NFLN.