So how about that meradith kid?

I think Jamon Meredith played a very good game out there at RT, especially for the short amount of time he has been with the team. I think he'll finish the season out there as I don't think Scott will be able to reclaim that position. If all goes well, we may see a line of Bell? - Levitre- Wood- Butler- Meredith next season. I'd be alright with that.

he was a guy i was hoping we would draft. i actually thought it said a lot about the FO to go take him off of GBs practice squad. it means someone in our scouting dept actually watched some college tape. that said, it was cheaper then getting an aging runyan...

I think Jamon Meredith played a very good game out there at RT, especially for the short amount of time he has been with the team. I think he'll finish the season out there as I don't think Scott will be able to reclaim that position. If all goes well, we may see a line of Bell? - Levitre- Wood- Butler- Meredith next season. I'd be alright with that.

In 2010 he'll provide ample backup with Butler back out there.

I think I'd prefer a draftee as Bell's replacement, at this point. Did anyone else see when they were reviewing, and kept replaying, the forward pass / fumble by Fitz? Bell got beat by his guy, and then just stood there holding his arm as the play went on. Each time they replayed it, my eyes instantly went to that guy standing there, like a baby, while the rest of his teammates were blocking and fighting.

I am really hoping that this group gets better every game and are really good by the end of the season.....I really DONT want to spend a high first round draft pick on a left tackle.......

I would rather use it on a QB like Jake Locker or a DT to put in the DL rotation.....and bring in some veteran swing OL so we dont have this jailbrake at OL like we did this year.

I still firmly believe we dont have the answer at QB on the roster right now.......

I think I'd prefer a draftee as Bell's replacement, at this point. Did anyone else see when they were reviewing, and kept replaying, the forward pass / fumble by Fitz? Bell got beat by his guy, and then just stood there holding his arm as the play went on. Each time they replayed it, my eyes instantly went to that guy standing there, like a baby, while the rest of his teammates were blocking and fighting.

I agree. I don't really want Bell out there if we can help it. Anyone able to figure out WTF Bell was doing on the Fitzpatrick pass they called a fumble at first?

Personally, I'd look for a vet at LT rather than another draftee right now. need some experience out there. Not sure who's available off the top of my head. I'll look tomorrow.

Not so much giving up on him as I am not wanting to see a work in progress getting our QBs killed. Let him learn in practice.

It is just my opinion but I think the only way for Bell to get better is to actually play him. I thought he did pretty well today.

I know he has had some rough patches in previous games.....

Also.....the not willing to mix it up comments to me dont wash....he is one of the few OL I see on our team getting into it after the plays. He is an athlete trying to turn into a football player out there and learning as he goes.

I have to agree. He may suck, but he's the only lineman out there (with the possible exception of Wood) who's showing any kind of moxie out there.