Sam Bradford hurt again

bills44

Back to your point...the safe pick is always the guy from the big program. At least scouts have seen McCoy, Bradford, Tebow etc. play in 2-3 tough games each season plus a bowl game. Still hit and miss though isn't it?

Yup; and that gets back to the start of the thread. McCoy had one of his 2-3 real games today and was unimpressive.

I said he was gonna get hurt before the season even started. He's built like a girl and played behind an NFL line last year. Give him an all new line and the same slight frame, and you're asking for trouble. And the hit that took him out today wasn't even that big.

He plays in a spread offense, in a conference that plays no defense, has never had to handle pass rush pressure until this year, and he isn't built big enough to handle many hits. Why exactly is he being heralded as the next great Quarterback?

sounds like the perfect guy for our clown show to trade up for.

already injured

no durability

success only against poor defenses

I said he was gonna get hurt before the season even started. He's built like a girl and played behind an NFL line last year. Give him an all new line and the same slight frame, and you're asking for trouble. And the hit that took him out today wasn't even that big.

I just saw the replay for the first time and you're right, it wasn't a big hit. An NFL QB takes that hit all the time.

The only QB's I would be itching to draft would be Clauson and maybe taking a flyer on Pike (who is fragile but strikes me as having Roethelsberger-like playmaking potential).

I second that. Anyone who has watched ND this year knows this kid is tough, smart, fiery, a hell of a good passer and very solid in the clutch.

The only reason I wouldn't want him in Buffalo is that I'd like to see him have a good pro career.

He plays in a spread offense, in a conference that plays no defense, has never had to handle pass rush pressure until this year, and he isn't built big enough to handle many hits. Why exactly is he being heralded as the next great Quarterback?

I'm not sure. McCoy (who appears to have a similar frame) was no great shakes either. OU's butterfingers LB dropped two pick 6's.

Don't love what I've seen from Clausen this year either.

I'll say again that I'm on the Jake Locker bandwagon.

I just saw the replay for the first time and you're right, it wasn't a big hit. An NFL QB takes that hit all the time.

I second that. Anyone who has watched ND this year knows this kid is tough, smart, fiery, a hell of a good passer and very solid in the clutch.

The only reason I wouldn't want him in Buffalo is that I'd like to see him have a good pro career.

I was impressed with Claussen. Good arm, smart, good mobility, good competitor, and plays in a pro-style offense. And he played pretty well against a defense with better athletes than his offense. Would like to see him stay for his senior year though. Another year under Weiss and Claussen could be the best QB prospect since Carson Palmer.

I only caught the tail end of ND's last drive in that game, so take it for what its worth.....but a real winner of a QB would have won that game, Clausen crumbled in the end even when he had multiple shots. I want a guy who wins games like that.

joe montana weighed between 180-190 and was 6' 2"

now the guy really built like a girl is POZ-getting hurt all the time

I only caught the tail end of ND's last drive in that game, so take it for what its worth.....but a real winner of a QB would have won that game, Clausen crumbled in the end even when he had multiple shots. I want a guy who wins games like that.

Next time watch the whole game rather than 30 seconds of it. I'll take a guy that has converted in that same situation 4 out of 5 games this season.

The last play was going to the underneath receiver, who slipped coming out of the cut and didn't get to the open spot. The play before Tate faked left before running his slant in. The DB made a great play by stepping up to give him a chuck after the fake, throwing him off the route. On both plays the ball was thrown exactly where it was supposed to go.

Next time watch the whole game rather than 30 seconds of it. I'll take a guy that has converted in that same situation 4 out of 5 games this season.

Against who though? ND's biggest yearly opponents are USC and Michigan...and Clausen lost both games. Do you want a QB on the Bills that beats the cupcakes every year, but loses to Miami and NE? Cause we already have one of those....(minus the cupcakes this year)