Sam Bradford hurt again

bills44

I said he was gonna get hurt before the season even started. He's built like a girl and played behind an NFL line last year. Give him an all new line and the same slight frame, and you're asking for trouble. And the hit that took him out today wasn't even that big.

He plays in a spread offense, in a conference that plays no defense, has never had to handle pass rush pressure until this year, and he isn't built big enough to handle many hits. Why exactly is he being heralded as the next great Quarterback?

He plays in a spread offense, in a conference that plays no defense, has never had to handle pass rush pressure until this year, and he isn't built big enough to handle many hits. Why exactly is he being heralded as the next great Quarterback?

^ THIS. Spread qb's are project players. Not only that Bradford has the arm of chad pennington. He has no velocity and the majority of his passes are on dumpoffs out of the shotgun. There is just too many top end prospects to take a 1st rd qb

I said he was gonna get hurt before the season even started. He's built like a girl and played behind an NFL line last year. Give him an all new line and the same slight frame, and you're asking for trouble. And the hit that took him out today wasn't even that big.

yeah, 6'4" and 230lbs is tiny

^ THIS. Spread qb's are project players. Not only that Bradford has the arm of chad pennington. He has no velocity and the majority of his passes are on dumpoffs out of the shotgun. There is just too many top end prospects to take a 1st rd qb

I agree, unless Clausen comes out this year. I don't think he will, but I'd take him in the top 5 if I had the opportunity. Other than him, I don't really see but maybe 1 or 2 QB's that would go in the first at all right now. I think there will be a guy there for us in the 2nd that would still be a better option than Edwards. Zack Robinson, Tony Pike, Dan LeFevour, and Jevan Snead will likely all still be on the board. I'm sure Bradford and Gresham both have regretted not entering the draft in '09 since the first game of the year.

He's definitely struggling so far in this game, but he's a top talent.

I haven't seen that many Texas games, but I am definitely not sold. He looks like another check-down/running college QB whose stats gets inflated because 90% of his opponents are vastly over matched.

Of course, I think the Bills need to draft a LT or DT with that top pick anyway.

I haven't seen that many Texas games, but I am definitely not sold. He looks like another check-down/running college QB whose stats gets inflated because 90% of his opponents are vastly over matched.

Of course, I think the Bills need to draft a LT or DT with that top pick anyway.

It is too bad that the Bills draft players based on inflated numbers against inferior competition isn't it? Of course maybin that's why we struggle so much year after year.

It is too bad that the Bills draft players based on inflated numbers against inferior competition isn't it? Of course maybin that's why we struggle so much year after year.

No argument on the stupidity of drafting a 250# DE into a league with 350# OTs, but that is really the problem with evaluating talent at the college level, isn't it? There is such a discrepancy of talent that it becomes very difficult to isolate and evaluate one guy.

How do you know if Tebow or McCoy are great QBs when they only play 2-3 games a year where their team isn't better than the opposition at every single position. And conversely, if a guy at a small school dominates, it's very hard to know if you are drafting Andre Reed or Colt Brennan.

No argument on the stupidity of drafting a 250# DE into a league with 350# OTs, but that is really the problem with evaluating talent at the college level, isn't it? There is such a discrepancy of talent that it becomes very difficult to isolate and evaluate one guy.

How do you know if Tebow or McCoy are great QBs when they only play 2-3 games a year where their team isn't better than the opposition at every single position. And conversely, if a guy at a small school dominates, it's very hard to know if you are drafting Andre Reed or Colt Brennan.

I hear you. Very tricky stuff. Some folks have a knack for it. Polian comes to mind. Sure, he has scouts, but he's also got 'something' that makes him draft Manning not Leaf. Take Freeney when the move is criticized in some parts etc. Pick a guy from Kutzdown nobody's ever heard of. Pull off a trade for a difference maker on defense......

Back to your point...the safe pick is always the guy from the big program. At least scouts have seen McCoy, Bradford, Tebow etc. play in 2-3 tough games each season plus a bowl game. Still hit and miss though isn't it? Still first round busts at every position around the league. You just hope your team doesn't have too many of them. We've had more than our share of busts and reaches that don't quite pan out.

Williams

Whitner (unrealized at this point)

Poz (unrealized at this point)

McCargo

Hardy (unrealized at this point)

Roscoe (not worth his draft position)

Simpson

Can we talk about FA next?