dan fouts or kelly

nuklz2594

Uhhhhh, so what's you're problem with? That I have Brady as the #8 rated QB, IMO, and Kelly 5 spots later? Brady has put up some of the best numbers of any QB over the last decade, with mediocre WR's except the last couple of seasons. Kelly was surrounded by HOF talent on both sides of the ball. How many HOF players has Brady had the benifit of playing with on a consistent basis? Moss? Name another. A WELL PAST HIS PRIME Seau? Brady took WR's like Troy Brown, David Givens, Deion Branch, and David Patten and he made them look good enough to get rather nice salaries from teams where they couldn't perform to that level again without Brady. You talk about Brady getting an MVP without throwing any TD's in the playoffs. But what about the SB against Carolina where he set the record for completions in a SB, had 3 TD passes, led a game winning drive in the last 1:29 of the game and against one of the top 5 defensive units in the NFL. Like I said, I loved it when Jim Kelly was here, but he folded in the biggest games. Look the #'s up for yourself because I've already done it before. :thumbdown:

You really think Brady is more significant than Belicheck in those victories? Where was Belicheck and the Patriots before Brady.....we saw last year the Patriots win 11 games without Brady...and you try to argue he has no supporting cast?

Brady plays for perhaps the greatest coach in the history of pro football - period. Take a peak at the assistant coaches that have gone from that staff - the new head coach at Denver being the latest.

Why did Brady last until the 7th round while playing for Michigan? Weak arm? pretty important item to be missing when discussing top qb's of alltime...

You really think Brady is more significant than Belicheck in those victories? Where was Belicheck and the Patriots before Brady.....we saw last year the Patriots win 11 games without Brady...and you try to argue he has no supporting cast?

Brady plays for perhaps the greatest coach in the history of pro football - period. Take a peak at the assistant coaches that have gone from that staff - the new head coach at Denver being the latest.

Why did Brady last until the 7th round while playing for Michigan? Weak arm? pretty important item to be missing when discussing top qb's of alltime...

Weak arm? You're kidding right? I've seen the guy throw 60 yard passes that hit his WR right in the "bread box" and in perfect stride. I guess the 2 late TD passes to Watson displayed his "weak arm" in week one too, eh? He can make any throw, into any window, and at whatever velocity he needs. I can't stand the Patriots, but you can't knock the guy's ability or achievements. You still haven't really stated any factual basis for your opinion, but it seems clear it's just fueled by a general dislike/jealousy of the man. Belicheat also isn't out there making the reads and throwing the ball for Brady either. His specialty has always been on the defensive side of the ball. Oh and by the way, it ws the 6th round. :thumbdown:

Weak arm? You're kidding right? I've seen the guy throw 60 yard passes that hit his WR right in the "bread box" and in perfect stride. I guess the 2 late TD passes to Watson displayed his "weak arm" in week one too, eh? He can make any throw, into any window, and at whatever velocity he needs. I can't stand the Patriots, but you can't knock the guy's ability or achievements. You still haven't really stated any factual basis for your opinion, but it seems clear it's just fueled by a general dislike/jealousy of the man. Belicheat also isn't out there making the reads and throwing the ball for Brady either. His specialty has always been on the defensive side of the ball. Oh and by the way, it ws the 6th round. :devil:

Why did he last until the 6th round? No scouts at Michigan?

Where is Joe Namath on these lists? He was better than half the guys being talked about (like Bradshaw). I doubt that many QBs could've played in Namath's his era and put up the numbers he did. Also, Montana was great but he is the #1 beneficiary of the changes in passing rules and Bill Walsh's "west coast offense". If Dan Marino would've played for Walsh people would be talking about his records like they do about Gretzky's in hockey.

As to the original question. I think Kelly was slightly better than Fouts. Fouts was a great passer, probably even better than Kelly, but he lacked Kelly's leadership skills. If I had to take one for a big game, it would be Kelly.

kelly over Fouts??...thats a stretch

kelly over Fouts??...thats a stretch

A stretch??? Kelly WON 4 AFC Championship games Fouts had ZERO.

Fouts was surrounded with multiple high #1 draft pick talents on his offense

Fout head coach was considered an offensive PASSING coach guru

Fouts threw the ball in sunny sandiego

Compare this to Kelly

No #1's at the talent positions

His offensive coordinator most often was Tom Bresnahan..an elevated offensive line coach,,,he also had Jim Ringo

His head coach was a former special teams guy

Kelly threw in windy buffalo

Are you a Bills fan?

Kelly under Air Coryell's system with the talent they provided Fouts would have put up incredible numbers and would have made it to superbowls

Like I said, Bert Jones... also Ken Anderson, Archie Manning, and others who played for teams that fell apart or were bad, shortening their careers. Everyone forgets about them, but I'd be willing to take a shot with any of them just for fun.

Bert Jones might have been the best qb of all time if he didn't get hurt. There was not 1 phase of the quarterback position at which he was not great. The guy had as much talent as John Elway, and threw an easier ball to catch.