TRUE BILLS FANS ONLY...

I really hope I'm wrong about this, but does anyone else get the feeling (SERIOUS replies only, please!), that we as Bills fans are witnessing the slow death of our beloved franchise? I can only hope not, but after 9 seasons without a playoff berth, countless desparate efforts to bring life to a dying, broke, yet proud franchise (i.e.: Drew Bledsoe, Takeo Spikes, and recently Terrell Owens), its seems, to me, that this is exactly what is transpiring.

Throw in one (for now) "home" game in Toronto per year, an aging owner, and declining purchases in ticket sales, and this only looks even more bleak. I know we are all frustrated with the state of the Bills right now, but think about what Sundays will be like if in fact this team does move. Speaking from a personal standpoint, I don't know if I could pull for another franchise after all these years. I've heard some Bills fans say they'd start rooting for the Jets, locally. But after rooting against a division rival for so long (depending on how long you've been a fan), could you really bring yourself to do that?

I must say I would remain an NFL fan, I don't know if I could cheer for the Bills if they moved to Toronto. Maybe if they stayed with the same nickname, but if they changed it, definitely not!

In closing, as much as it stings like hell right now, givin the state of my beloved franchise, I hereby state that for the remainder of the season (one that looks pathetically bleak right now), I will continue to support this team, All REAL Bills fans should, thats just my opinion. I've been made fun of, picked on, and heckled for supporting this team, but for 11 more weeks of the NFL season, and hopefully seasons still to come, I'll continue to say it...........................................................GO BILLS!

I really hope I'm wrong about this, but does anyone else get the feeling (SERIOUS replies only, please!), that we as Bills fans are witnessing the slow death of our beloved franchise? I can only hope not, but after 9 seasons without a playoff berth, countless desparate efforts to bring life to a dying, broke, yet proud franchise (i.e.: Drew Bledsoe, Takeo Spikes, and recently Terrell Owens), its seems, to me, that this is exactly what is transpiring.

Throw in one (for now) "home" game in Toronto per year, an aging owner, and declining purchases in ticket sales, and this only looks even more bleak. I know we are all frustrated with the state of the Bills right now, but think about what Sundays will be like if in fact this team does move. Speaking from a personal standpoint, I don't know if I could pull for another franchise after all these years. I've heard some Bills fans say they'd start rooting for the Jets, locally. But after rooting against a division rival for so long (depending on how long you've been a fan), could you really bring yourself to do that?

I must say I would remain an NFL fan, I don't know if I could cheer for the Bills if they moved to Toronto. Maybe if they stayed with the same nickname, but if they changed it, definitely not!

In closing, as much as it stings like hell right now, givin the state of my beloved franchise, I hereby state that for the remainder of the season (one that looks pathetically bleak right now), I will continue to support this team, All REAL Bills fans should, thats just my opinion. I've been made fun of, picked on, and heckled for supporting this team, but for 11 more weeks of the NFL season, and hopefully seasons still to come, I'll continue to say it...........................................................GO BILLS!

I feel it too ... it feels like the end of an era. I hope it isn't, but that was a reason I got season tickets this year (plus they're sweet seats) ... to enjoy it while they're still here ... but sadly, this team just sucked the life right out of me.

Im one of the season ticket holders that has bought tickets to this dying franchise the past few years. Im pretty sure the last 2 years have sold the 3rd, and 4th highest ticket sales in the history of the franchise. Thats a lot however you swing it. The other pionts I'm not going to comment on though.

First let me say Ralph Wilson is earning a profit !!!

Next,

Tune into a Redskins Radio channel.

These guys whine about their team worse than the Bills fans do. AND the Skins have been a game better than the Bills the past few years.

Funny I don't see the skins complaining about losing the team.

It sucks when your team loses. I's only a game and not worth getting ulsers over.

As bleak and depressing as the team is NOW look at the pattern in the NFL.

In the 80's and early 90's the Pats* were the laughing stock of the entire league. Now look at them. Look what it took for them to change. They got a new owner, new coach, and from there they are now one of the best teams in the league. :wallbash:

Soon the Bills will have a new owner, and a new coach, and hopefully things will turn around. I think the Toronto thing was a last ditch effort to get more revenue into the franchise. It hasn't worked. But they had to try it.

The Bills will stay in Buffalo. The one thing you look at in the history of teams moving was a lack of support from fans. The Bills don't have that problem.

The Bills will stay in Buffalo. The one thing you look at in the history of teams moving was a lack of support from fans. The Bills don't have that problem.

Good point, new owner will already have a pretty dedicated fan base, why move away from that? Games are sold out. New HC next year, games will be sold out next year.

Ralph is certianly the main problem of this orginization. However I dont think its because he does not want to build a winner its because he cant make the right decisions in personnel. He believed as many others on this board that bringing in Tom Donahue and giving him full control that would bring our organization to the glory days once again. However, several issues exsisted when he was brought in salary cap issues mortaging our future to win now. QB contraversy. A new coaching staff. though Greg williams ended up being the worse descion many fans were excited to have him however his ineptness led him to his dismissal. Fan morale at its alimate low TD was in need of some magic and instead of hiring the right guy for the job he went to his roots and Brought in mularkey. End of era

Then Ralph realizes that if anytihing TD was right about not mortgaging the future and will not do it again and instill a cash to cap philosophy and brings in MARV LEVy not to be a GM but a face an inspiration to guide him to make the right Coaching decision since the last three have failed forgetting the fact that MARV made Wade his coach in waiting. There werre much better choices available then DJ we will never know the true reasons behind the decision maybe it was money maybe something else.

Then in an effort to be a shrewed business man he saw the team on the way to the first playoff berth since 99 and decided to wrap him up for the next three years trying to save a few million but ut ended up being the wrong decesion once again.

What we need is a GM that is not ralph or any of the other clowns in the office. One that will sit down and say what is or idendity going to be on offense run and shoot, west coast etc, etc what are we going to be on defense 3-4 4-3 tb cover 2 maybe hybrid etc... Then once the organization has identified what both sides of the ball is going to be then we bring in the coaches to fit that system. Why are the Steelers/Pats/Colts such consistent winners the have a system in place on both sides of the ball and bring in the coaches and the personell that fit the systems. They dont hire blindly and then say we are changin our system.

The collasal failure we are experiencing is that the defense doesnt work and it has been change to work. this defense has not been higher then 25 in any of the years under jauron. The offense needs to fit the personell i was strongly ipposed to the hurry up offense becuase in order for that to be succesful you need the right personell on both sides of the ball it stunts the growth of our OL and makes our already bad defense even worse. We have a dink and dunk QB we should have brought in possesion receievers and pass catching TES we have two oustanding RBs so we should have a powerful running game play to your strenghts dont create systems that dont fit the team.

If the Bills were 5-0 would you post this? The reason I ask is, what would be different other than their record? Absolutely nothing, the Bills would be in the same situation. The only difference would be the fans attitude. We've been talking about them possibly moving for years, nothing new here.

I really hope I'm wrong about this, but does anyone else get the feeling (SERIOUS replies only, please!), that we as Bills fans are witnessing the slow death of our beloved franchise?

Yes...and what's more, I think that screen names like "TO4Prez2012" are a symptom of that.

As bleak and depressing as the team is NOW look at the pattern in the NFL.

In the 80's and early 90's the Pats* were the laughing stock of the entire league. Now look at them. Look what it took for them to change. They got a new owner, new coach, and from there they are now one of the best teams in the league. :doh:

Soon the Bills will have a new owner, and a new coach, and hopefully things will turn around. I think the Toronto thing was a last ditch effort to get more revenue into the franchise. It hasn't worked. But they had to try it.

Nice post Kevin. :wallbash: You make some very valid points, but it all hinges on whomever is in the front office. Ralph could help get this thing turned around if he hired the right people for the right position in the organization and realized the people in place aren't fit for where they are right now. I'm one who still believes that the NFL, Ralph, and any perspective buyer knows how much this franchise means to the city of Buffalo. The one reality remains that change is needed, change we can truly "believe in". Can we have that change happen to our organization Bills' fans? Yes we can. :lol: