Do as they say - not as they do

And MAria shriver will do as they say. She is being called out for her offense. If you title was true, she would be called out for it and it would be business as usual when it comes to Maria Shriver and talking ont he cell phone. That doesn't appear to be the case does it. Accountability seems to be in order here:

"Thanks for bringing her violations to my attention. There's going to be swift action."

What action that may be is beyond me... Can he give her a ticket after the fact? Hardly. Nobody is perfect. What is hard for most people to understand is that if one is not perfect it does not mean they are hypocritical. Your post and the title of the thread seems to imply a sense of hypocrisy when not perfect. Your implication of that argument is mostly wrong. Stuff like this does make good headlines just like liberals having to take a vow of poverty because they support helping the less fortunate.

Pure tomfoolery on your part /dev/null. I see no indication where Ms. Shriver appears to be above the law. That does not mean one still can't willfully break the law. I suppose she knew the consequences and of course is paying for them with negative PR.

And MAria shriver will do as they say. She is being called out for her offense. If you title was true, she would be called out for it and it would be business as usual when it comes to Maria Shriver and talking ont he cell phone. That doesn't appear to be the case does it. Accountability seems to be in order here:

"Thanks for bringing her violations to my attention. There's going to be swift action."

What action that may be is beyond me... Can he give her a ticket after the fact? Hardly. Nobody is perfect. What is hard for most people to understand is that if one is not perfect it does not mean they are hypocritical. Your post and the title of the thread seems to imply a sense of hypocrisy when not perfect. Your implication of that argument is mostly wrong. Stuff like this does make good headlines just like liberals having to take a vow of poverty because they support helping the less fortunate.

Pure tomfoolery on your part /dev/null. I see no indication where Ms. Shriver appears to be above the law. That does not mean one still can't willfully break the law. I suppose she knew the consequences and of course is paying for them with negative PR.

Yeah, that would be like giving people tickets after taking their picture running red lights. No wait....

Nobody if perfect? How hard is it to follow the law? :thumbdown:

As much as I'd like to dump on a Kennedy, what's the issue here? Was she pulled over and then let go by the cops after they realized who she was? The story doesn't indicate that. Otherwise, I see people on their cell phones while driving every day that aren't being punished. Big deal.

If we want to talk about crimes in California, why not ask how much the public employee pension system is contributing to the state's $40 BILLION deficit?

As much as I'd like to dump on a Kennedy, what's the issue here? Was she pulled over and then let go by the cops after they realized who she was? The story doesn't indicate that. Otherwise, I see people on their cell phones while driving every day that aren't being punished. Big deal.

If we want to talk about crimes in California, why not ask how much the public employee pension system is contributing to the state's $40 BILLION deficit?

Exactly!

I know you are on the conservative side KD, but kudos to you for seeing through the way the thread was worded.

You are slipping /dev/null... :devil: Hot Pockets® & Bush Bad mode is unbecoming! :thumbdown:

Exactly!

I know you are on the conservative side KD, but kudos to you for seeing through the way the thread was worded.

You are slipping /dev/null... :devil: Hot Pockets® & Bush Bad mode is unbecoming! :thumbdown:

Exactly? You two didn't read the article did you?

Exactly? You two didn't read the article did you?

Obviously you didn't... I know I did and no cop pulled her over for the violation. What is TMZ getting into the citizens arrest business? :P:lol:

The celebrity Web site TMZ.com posted two photographs Tuesday showing Shriver holding a phone to her ear while she's behind the wheel. It says one was snapped Sunday and the other in July. The Web site claimed that this was not the first time California's first lady was caught chatting on her cell while driving.

Where in the article do you find anything different? Do you know any facts about her getting stopped and using her clout to get off a rap? To me that is what the original poster implied.

It was effing TMZ! Nice! The paparazzi helping the police... Get a clue.

:lol:

Obviously you didn't... I know I did and no cop pulled her over for the violation. What is TMZ getting into the citizens arrest business? :w00t::lol:

The celebrity Web site TMZ.com posted two photographs Tuesday showing Shriver holding a phone to her ear while she's behind the wheel. It says one was snapped Sunday and the other in July. The Web site claimed that this was not the first time California's first lady was caught chatting on her cell while driving.

Where in the article do you find anything different? Do you know any facts about her getting stopped and using her clout to get off a rap? To me that is what the original poster implied.

It was effing TMZ! Nice! The paparazzi helping the police... Get a clue.

:lol:

Sorry, I misread KD's post. But you're ok with people breaking the law as long as they don't get caught?

Sorry, I misread KD's post. But you're ok with people breaking the law as long as they don't get caught?

No, I am not okay with it but:

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;