Will Ralph ACTUALLY fire Jauron mid-season?

In the history of this franchise, Ralph Wilson has fired a head coach in mid-season once. Dick Jauron is a failure, yes he's a likeable figure, yes the players want to play hard for him. But come on, its been 10 years since this team has even sniffed the post-season. It does not appear they are playing hard for him, and if they are, they're an even more sorry team than we see every week.

At one point in time, I was a big supporter of Trent Edwards, but for one reason or another, be-it the O-line disaster, or he just isn't the QB that took the job from Losman, or maybe that concussion he suffered vs. Arizona last year, he's just not the guy. I've read a couple of people say they should trade for Brady Quinn, and I couldn't agree more.

Think about it, its a foregone conclusion Jauron is history after week 17. With it will come a new head coach that will want to institute his own guys from O-coordinator on down. Don't kid yourselves of the pipe-dream that is Bill Cowher as the next Bills head man, cause its not gonna happen, EVER. Bill has two world championships and Ralph doesn't have the dough nor the guts to turn over all control of football operations to one man. Same with Shannahan and Holmgren, they will not come here for one reason or another so lets look at the REALISTIC possibilities of the next head coach, feel free to shoot em down at your own discreation:

JEFF FISHER - If things continue to deteriorate like they are in Nashville, Fisher may be out the door especially after 13-3 last year turned in 0-5 thus far this year. Although I think the Titans will eventually come out of this Buffalo-coma they're in, and Fisher will in all likelyhood be with Tennessee next year, he is the longest tenured Head Coach in the NFL, I think Bud Adams will simply make him cut ties with Kerry Collins, and see what VY has either this year, or Week 1 next year.

DENNIS GREEN - The freshly-hatched UFL has begun and in about 2 months it will die a quick death. Nobody's watching the games and the its like watching the Bills play, well, the Bills. I commend Denny for trying to create an alternative way for the NFL to develop players but Minor-League football will never work. The USFL failed, the XFL failed, and this league will as well, and then, Dennis Green can come home where he belongs. This man was one or two plays away from sending the multi-talented Minnesota Vikings to SuperBowl XXXIII, and with the exception of Matt Leinart, has historically drafted very well.

JOHN GRUDEN - My personal favorite! This is the guy the Bills need. The Bills have had a history of hiring no-personality types to run football games (ala - Gregg Williams, Mike MuMu, and whatever the hell you call the current guy on the sideline). Chucky is perfect, he gets in peoples faces, he's not afraid to bench pathetic QB's or have 35 of them to choose from. And, if he doesn't agree with the owners decisions, he will go CHUCKY on him.

My dream view of 2010:

Gruden - HC

Mike Martz- OC

Bills trade for Brady Quinn as QB for Marshawn Lynch, Roscoe Parrish and a 3rd.

How bout it? (Hey, a guy can dream!)

In the history of this franchise, Ralph Wilson has fired a head coach in mid-season once. Dick Jauron is a failure, yes he's a likeable figure, yes the players want to play hard for him. But come on, its been 10 years since this team has even sniffed the post-season. It does not appear they are playing hard for him, and if they are, they're an even more sorry team than we see every week.

I don't know about that. I think the reason we've been bad for so long is because we've sniffed the postseason too much over the last few years, and had a chance late into the season, always giving us horrible draft spots.

At one point in time, I was a big supporter of Trent Edwards, but for one reason or another, be-it the O-line disaster, or he just isn't the QB that took the job from Losman, or maybe that concussion he suffered vs. Arizona last year, he's just not the guy. I've read a couple of people say they should trade for Brady Quinn, and I couldn't agree more.

Think about it, its a foregone conclusion Jauron is history after week 17. With it will come a new head coach that will want to institute his own guys from O-coordinator on down. Don't kid yourselves of the pipe-dream that is Bill Cowher as the next Bills head man, cause its not gonna happen, EVER. Bill has two world championships and Ralph doesn't have the dough nor the guts to turn over all control of football operations to one man. Same with Shannahan and Holmgren, they will not come here for one reason or another so lets look at the REALISTIC possibilities of the next head coach, feel free to shoot em down at your own discreation:

JEFF FISHER - If things continue to deteriorate like they are in Nashville, Fisher may be out the door especially after 13-3 last year turned in 0-5 thus far this year. Although I think the Titans will eventually come out of this Buffalo-coma they're in, and Fisher will in all likelyhood be with Tennessee next year, he is the longest tenured Head Coach in the NFL, I think Bud Adams will simply make him cut ties with Kerry Collins, and see what VY has either this year, or Week 1 next year.

DENNIS GREEN - The freshly-hatched UFL has begun and in about 2 months it will die a quick death. Nobody's watching the games and the its like watching the Bills play, well, the Bills. I commend Denny for trying to create an alternative way for the NFL to develop players but Minor-League football will never work. The USFL failed, the XFL failed, and this league will as well, and then, Dennis Green can come home where he belongs. This man was one or two plays away from sending the multi-talented Minnesota Vikings to SuperBowl XXXIII, and with the exception of Matt Leinart, has historically drafted very well.

JOHN GRUDEN - My personal favorite! This is the guy the Bills need. The Bills have had a history of hiring no-personality types to run football games (ala - Gregg Williams, Mike MuMu, and whatever the hell you call the current guy on the sideline). Chucky is perfect, he gets in peoples faces, he's not afraid to bench pathetic QB's or have 35 of them to choose from. And, if he doesn't agree with the owners decisions, he will go CHUCKY on him.

My dream view of 2010:

Gruden - HC

Mike Martz- OC

Bills trade for Brady Quinn as QB for Marshawn Lynch, Roscoe Parrish and a 3rd.

How bout it? (Hey, a guy can dream!)

Might want to check your facts on this before you post.

Nice effort, but Lynch is not going anywhere for 1, Brady Quinn cannot even start in Cleveland and you want to give up a top 10 RB for him? As for Cowher, Ralph absolutely has the cash to hire a top coach. The Bills make money and with revenue sharing he is doing just fine. Where you are right is will Ralph have the will to give a man like Cowher control? Maybe after this year trying to do it on the cheap, he might want the chance for one more run towards glory? If Jimbo has his ear, it could happen.