If you could spend one evening

BLZFAN4LIFE

I hear ya. It's coming up on 2 years since my mom died. I get the feeling that it's going to be a Yankees/Dodgers World Series because the Yankees were (and still are) my team and my mom was a big Dodgers fan. She really liked Tommy Lasorda and Steve Garvey. We enjoyed a lot of good natured ribbing during their rivalry from 77-81. A Dodgers/Yankees World Series will be a reminder. :devil:

My mom passed 6 years ago. Huge Bills fan, I knew never to call her during a game, but had to post game to get her reaction. Win happy as could be, lose the world is collapsing. One of the reasons I am losing interest in them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Pete has a pretty good list. I suspect that knowing Neil deGrasse-Tyson must be a blast. But, Pete, you'd figure that NDT would have studied Einstein's theories pretty thoroughly, so I don't think Albert brings anything much different to the show.

1. Stephen Mather (first director of the National Park system, and seeing Ken Burns' series, an intriguing personality)

2. Torn b/w Roy Orbison and Jeff Buckley

3. Stephen Crane

stuckincincy, "Meeting of [the] Minds" would be an awesome show to try to resurrect. I would refrain from having only/mostly giant historical names on it, tho. Imagine what they could do with something like that these days. And it'd be pretty inexpensive to produce.

Hmm. Pete has a pretty good list. I suspect that knowing Neil deGrasse-Tyson must be a blast. But, Pete, you'd figure that NDT would have studied Einstein's theories pretty thoroughly, so I don't think Albert brings anything much different to the show.

1. Stephen Mather (first director of the National Park system, and seeing Ken Burns' series, an intriguing personality)

2. Torn b/w Roy Orbison and Jeff Buckley

3. Stephen Crane

stuckincincy, "Meeting of [the] Minds" would be an awesome show to try to resurrect. I would refrain from having only/mostly giant historical names on it, tho. Imagine what they could do with something like that these days. And it'd be pretty inexpensive to produce.

thanks. I would love to hear Einstein discuss quantum physics with deGrasse-Tyson. Many of Einstein's theories are just being proven now. That would be great to hear Einstein find out how they were proven and where we are at with quantum mechanics and space exploration. I would love to hear deGrasse-Tyson get Einstein caught up. And I bet Albert would propose new theories from what we have discovered the past 50 years. Can you imagine Einstein's thoughts on string theory? Parallel universes? CERN?

you have a good list too. I would love to have dinner with Ken Burns. His films are excellent