"I'm not going to make any decisions during the middle of the

bluenews

"I'm not going to make any decisions during the middle of the season right now. At least right now."

To me after hearing it on the radio and reading his comment......sounds like November 2 is D-Day for Dick!!

You think? To me I took it as he's not making a change until after the season ends. I hope your right because I don't see us winning another game.

"I'm not going to make any decisions during the middle of the season right now. At least right now."

To me......after hearing it on the radio and reading his comment......sounds like November 2 is D-Day for Dick!!

Im reading into it the date of Jan 4, 2010. The season is lost there is no saving it he will pay him to finish the train wreck and go from there.

AS long as he is gone by the end of the season im fine with it.

I read it like he doesnt care. And he is going to hold out and hopefully "Slippery" Russ Brandon will have enough justification to sell Jauron and the sh*t sandwich to us another year.

I'm sure you're kind of right about this. Maybe it's not that he doesn't care, but that he's just tired of changing coaches. Since he's owned the team, Wilson has hired 14 head coaches. I think he's simply too old for this. He probably believes that he has done everything he can to make this work, and has exhausted all of his efforts.

The problem is that he won't give the keys to a GM to make decisions entirely on his own. Brandon has done nothing but make marketing decisions for the team. He wanted Jauron gone after last season and he didn't get to make his own call.

We will only succeed when someone takes over with these qualifications:

- Has connections throughout the league. No more dead beats that can't pull off a trade or bring in players that fit our needs properly. We need someone like Polian, Parcells, Pioli, or Dimitroff. These guys know people around the league, as well as college football. They talk to people consistently and know how to get a deal done.

- Knows the game of football and has worked at the professional level for a significant amount of time. No non-football guys belong as GM's at the professional level in the NFL.

- Holds his staff and players accountable for their actions. You don't perform as a coach, you're fired. You don't play 100% every week as a player, you're cut.

- Capable of hiring a staff of his own. Give him the keys.

I'm holding my breath...

Ralph will change his mind if the gameday atmosphere turns ugly. He truly does not want to change the coach because

he really thinks it won't change anything. What it would do is send the message of accountability which is obviously non-existant with the team.

I still think we should fire him now ... god forbid we turn things around in the 2nd half of the season and finish 7-9 ... then the argument becomes ... well we had alot of inuries and a young offense line but they really turned it around late in the season ... then RW can sell DJ for another year to avoid having to eat his contract. He's at his low point now ... fire him now while his value is rock bottom

Ralph will change his mind if the gameday atmosphere turns ugly. He truly does not want to change the coach because

he really thinks it won't change anything. What it would do is send the message of accountability which is obviously non-existant with the team.

We're you at the game sunday? I don't know how much uglier you want ... TE got booed on his first pass attempt. The offense got booed nearly everytime it was out there. After the FG, they played the Shout song and barely anyone cheered. The two biggest cheers in the game was the one pass that TE threw to TO down the middle of the field and Royal's big drop.

We will only succeed when someone takes over with these qualifications:

- Has connections throughout the league. No more dead beats that can't pull off a trade or bring in players that fit our needs properly. We need someone like Polian, Parcells, Pioli, or Dimitroff. These guys know people around the league, as well as college football. They talk to people consistently and know how to get a deal done.

- Knows the game of football and has worked at the professional level for a significant amount of time. No non-football guys belong as GM's at the professional level in the NFL.

- Holds his staff and players accountable for their actions. You don't perform as a coach, you're fired. You don't play 100% every week as a player, you're cut.

- Capable of hiring a staff of his own. Give him the keys.

I'm holding my breath...

You're turning blue...

This is exactly what we thought was going to happen when Donahoe was hired. He seemed to be a football/personnel guy who had such connections. He had the pro experience with the Steelers, but just lost the power struggle with Cowher (red flag #1). He was given the master key to the kingdom and Ralph trusted him.

What I don't know about was the accountability. His first hire seemed to be a disciplinarian who would cut a player if he didn't perform, but that didn't happen. Donahoe did trade for Bledsoe (though he gave up too much) and it paid off for a season-plus, but he didn't get a legitimate line to protect him...or ever, for that matter.

My worry is that Ralph got too thrown off by Donahoe's failure that he'll never do this again. He is an owner who likes to be involved with the "operational" side of the business, so he may still want some of that power. Even just starting with a football-experienced GM would be a start, but I don't see a Polian/Pioli/Dimitroff coming here.