Funny when we were 5-1 last season everone loved Trent

This really pisses me off, last season when we were 5-1 everybody was all over Trent worshiping him. Yea at the end of the season we collapsed mainly him (wouldnt you if you took a hit like that?). And you wonder why hes not the best right now, I wouldnt trust that O-line to block a pop warner football team. THEY SUCK BAD. I could only imagine what goes through Trents head if hes gonna make it alive through each game. You sub par coach and an even more sub par O-Line and everyone wants to blame Trent. The guy runs for his life every game, hes been sacked more than any other QB in the league. If you watch when he plays good, hes got a tremendous arm and accurate. Quit doing that damn no huddle offense, hes not Jim Kelly and it aint working. Let him huddle and call his own plays and thrown the ball down field we have two of the best recievers in the game along with two of the best running backs in the game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This really pisses me off, last season when we were 5-1 everybody was all over Trent worshiping him. Yea at the end of the season we collapsed mainly him (wouldnt you if you took a hit like that?). And you wonder why hes not the best right now, I wouldnt trust that O-line to block a pop warner football team. THEY SUCK BAD. I could only imagine what goes through Trents head if hes gonna make it alive through each game. You sub par coach and an even more sub par O-Line and everyone wants to blame Trent. The guy runs for his life every game, hes been sacked more than any other QB in the league. If you watch when he plays good, hes got a tremendous arm and accurate. Quit doing that damn no huddle offense, hes not Jim Kelly and it aint working. Let him huddle and call his own plays and thrown the ball down field we have two of the best recievers in the game along with two of the best running backs in the game.

He's only accurate because the guy only throws three to six yard dump offs. His deep passes are of the high arc variety and the majority of those have been at best below average throws. To be a successful starting NFL QB you must be able to throw a deep pass with some zip on the ball and you also have to be athletic enough to escape danger situations. Trent doesn't have those skills. We all know that his line sucks badly and we can sympathize with him on that, but Trent simply does not posses the necessary skills to be a successful starting NFL QB. He will be a career backup guy somewhere. He will never be a guy who can deliver a 16 game winning season. Our most probable future QB is currently playing on Saturdays this season.

So what you're saying is that you don't understand why fans turn on someone after going from 5-1 to 3-12 and looking to the entire world like he's regressed to the point of semi-pro ball? The simple fact in the end is coaches like to hitch their train to a QB they select so any new coach is going to being in his own QB (ala Sanchez/Ryan) and the Trent Edwards Experiment will end happily for everyone.

some of us were against the glove wearing mary from his first starts. i was and continue to be against him. put in fitzpatrick or hamdan or find a new qb. just like w/jauron. replace or find a new one. if only we could find a new owner

He's only accurate because the guy only throws three to six yard dump offs. His deep passes are of the high arc variety and the majority of those have been at best below average throws. To be a successful starting NFL QB you must be able to throw a deep pass with some zip on the ball and you also have to be athletic enough to escape danger situations. Trent doesn't have those skills. We all know that his line sucks badly and we can sympathize with him on that, but Trent simply does not posses the necessary skills to be a successful starting NFL QB. He will be a career backup guy somewhere. He will never be a guy who can deliver a 16 game winning season. Our most probable future QB is currently playing on Saturdays this season.

Excellent point on his high arc deep passes. I have yet to see Trent throw a deep ball with any serious zip on it.

Sad thing is, yesterday, i was watching the Lions Steelers game, and Daunte Culpepper, while I'm not saying I'd rather have him here than Trent, was straight ZIPPING the ball twenty to thirty yards down the field, ON A ROPE. And damn those passes looked good. I found myself getting jealous that our QB doesn't even attempt more than 1 to 2 deep passes per game, heck 1 to 2 intermediate passes per game.

I can't believe I'm saying this. I'd rather have Daunte Culpepper here than Trent Edwards. Heck I'd rather see Fitz behind center.

I don't blame him -- I think he was on his way to being a probowl caliber QB. I just acknowledge that he's simply not the same QB since the concussion. He's just not. You'll see that Tim Tebow won't ever be the same either. Hard to come back from. Just MO.

It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's tIt's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. he line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the linIt's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. e. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line.

It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's tIt's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. he line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the linIt's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. e. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line.

keep yelling yourself that, but if you add, and the QB, and the coaches, and the D you would more on the mark

No everyone is correct Lets put in Fitzpatrick's sorry butt in, who has less playing time than Edwards does. Did fitzpatrick even play college ball? O Yea he did at Harvard. Man what quality players they have produced in NFL history. Did anyone see how horrible Fitzpatrick was in Cincinatti, and they brought his sorry but in here instead of getting a quality backup. Id rather see Hamdan than Fitzpatrick anyday. Maybe if they would open the playbook up and actually throw downfield he could actually start getting in sync with his recievers. When you only throw 3 balls if that downfeild of course they are probably going to be off the mark. Plain and simple is he proved it in the beginning of last year that he can play, until that damn hit that gave him a concussion. Spend some dang money on legitimate players instead of picking up mediocre players like Dockery who was overated and paying them all that money just to release them a year later.

No everyone is correct Lets put in Fitzpatrick's sorry butt in, who has less playing time than Edwards does. Did fitzpatrick even play college ball? O Yea he did at Harvard. Man what quality players they have produced in NFL history. Did anyone see how horrible Fitzpatrick was in Cincinatti, and they brought his sorry but in here instead of getting a quality backup. Id rather see Hamdan than Fitzpatrick anyday. Maybe if they would open the playbook up and actually throw downfield he could actually start getting in sync with his recievers. When you only throw 3 balls if that downfeild of course they are probably going to be off the mark. Plain and simple is he proved it in the beginning of last year that he can play, until that damn hit that gave him a concussion. Spend some dang money on legitimate players instead of picking up mediocre players like Dockery who was overated and paying them all that money just to release them a year later.

Nearly every QB and pretty much most players get hit hard once in a while and get concussed. This has not been proven to somehow rob someone of physical talents and any the ability to throw the ball. However I agree that all the talent sorrounding him ranks somewhere below decent. He didn't prove he could play, he proved he could barely come from behind to beat losing teams. Sounds like a back-up to me!

well, one reason Trent was earning raves last year is because he had shown progress in his development following his rookie season. he was both efficient and playing with confidence, and showing a flare for fourth-quarter dramatics. as part of that 5-1 start, Edwards won three consecutive starts when the Bills entered the fourth quarter trailing.

of course, his numbers have plummeted since the San Diego win, and he's not playing with any of the efficiency or confidence people saw in him from his first training camp or the first six games of his second season.

given the fact that he's not shown much progression -- and far more regression -- since the three-game five interception/two fumble/one safety/three TD stretch in the middle of last season, it's becoming evident that his progress has flat-lined and that either defenses have figured him out or he's lost that swagger (i know how much some of you luv that word).

sure the o-line's young and raw. but i don't know if it can be pinned all the blame, because it was far more experienced at the end of last season. ...

jw

He has the option to make those throws, he doesn't take the chance, he would rather throw the ball to his tight end or his running back. Unless you have some proof that the playbook is being closed off, get a clue and watch TE, he doesn't have what it takes to be a big time NFL QB

Excellent point on his high arc deep passes. I have yet to see Trent throw a deep ball with any serious zip on it.

Sad thing is, yesterday, i was watching the Lions Steelers game, and Daunte Culpepper, while I'm not saying I'd rather have him here than Trent, was straight ZIPPING the ball twenty to thirty yards down the field, ON A ROPE. And damn those passes looked good. I found myself getting jealous that our QB doesn't even attempt more than 1 to 2 deep passes per game, heck 1 to 2 intermediate passes per game.

I can't believe I'm saying this. I'd rather have Daunte Culpepper here than Trent Edwards. Heck I'd rather see Fitz behind center.

I'll say it, too - next year, I'd rather have Daunte Culpepper starting than Trent Edwards. He can start for a year while we decide if we should bite on a top-10 QB in the draft or look elsewhere.

Let me get this straight....because Trent led the Bills to a 5-1 record at the start of last year and looked good doing it, he should therfore be our unquestioned starter the next season. Hey, Derek Anderson went to the Pro Bowl in '08...boy he sure looked good on Sunday. Trent has thrown many questionable passes this season even when given time. Losman looked good for one season and then regressed, as a result he got the boot. Trent Edwards is no different, nor should he be.

Watch Aaron Rogers, Ben Roethlisberger, or any star QB...even when they don't have optimal protection they make a play. I.e; Eli Manning to David Tyree during Super Bowl XLII. Trent would have taken a sack or checked down. Or have you ever watched the Bills play the Jaguars?? It seems as if whenever we played Jacksonville the Bills just could not get a hand on Garrad, and even when they did they couldn't bring him down for a sack. A good quarterback extends plays, Trent checks down or takes a sack. In 28 games started Trent has yet to throw for over 300 yds, he will never be a game changer.

HaHa....Aaron Rodgers a star QB? You must be high. How many teams with a bad O-line has a QB thats been getting things done? Its hard for me to think of any. Look Matt Casell, was damn good becasue he played for a team that had a good O-line, now KC totally sux and so does he. A crappy O-line makes you have to force throws or make decisions to quickly which usually ends up in INT's or FUMBLES.

HaHa....Aaron Rodgers a star QB? You must be high. How many teams with a bad O-line has a QB thats been getting things done? Its hard for me to think of any. Look Matt Casell, was damn good becasue he played for a team that had a good O-line, now KC totally sux and so does he. A crappy O-line makes you have to force throws or make decisions to quickly which usually ends up in INT's or FUMBLES.

Aaron Rodgers is playing behind an O line about as bad as ours, but yet he is still putting up decent #'s, so that theory is shot out the window.