Snyder Already Stalking Shannahan

H2o

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ached-shanahan/

Do you think Shanny chases the money and takes the Washington gig in the offseason? You know Snyder will throw the dollars out there. It probably would have people screamining about how Ralph is too cheap to bring in a quality guy again.

its going to be said no matter who he brings in.

But only for this year, afterwards he can go anywhere and say anything! Why would he want to come to Buffalo over Washington, where the owner will do or spend anything for a winner vs an owner that always cries small market and cash to cap.

Washington in some ways is a great place to work for a HC. Great salary and money for free agents. Expectations are also sky high because of that and the owner is somewhat meddlesome. Don't be surprised if some of the big name coaches choose something other than DC. Than being said I don't think the Bills will even try to get one of the top 3 guys since they wouldn't want to come to Buffalo with our current situation, plus we would not be willing to pay them.

Its funny that as RW heads towards the end of his life his top priorities come out in his actions. His top priority is to leave the maximum money to his heirs and winning a SB is clearly not even a priority anymore. From the football side he just wants the Bills to try to get respectable enough to keep the fans off his back.

We're not getting a big name head coach...

Ralph will turn to some coaching retread or just promote Bobby April.

If I was Ralph, I would either bring in a retread and hire some promising guys to groom for an eventual takeover, or just turn it over to someone with a lot of potential. I would go after someone like a Chris Peterson of Boise State or Turner Gill.

And I would bring in some of the 90's guys as position coaches if they were available and interested (Talley as the LB coach, Beebe as an WR coach, etc)

None of that may necessarily be the answer, but it would make the fans at least feel better than watching the Crypt Keeper every week and give us cause for some optimism.

But only for this year, afterwards he can go anywhere and say anything! Why would he want to come to Buffalo over Washington, where the owner will do or spend anything for a winner vs an owner that always cries small market and cash to cap.

Because that owner in Washington has shown you can spend to the cap every year and still look like crap

We're not getting a big name head coach...

Ralph will turn to some coaching retread or just promote Bobby April.

If I was Ralph, I would either bring in a retread and hire some promising guys to groom for an eventual takeover, or just turn it over to someone with a lot of potential. I would go after someone like a Chris Peterson of Boise State or Turner Gill.

And I would bring in some of the 90's guys as position coaches if they were available and interested (Talley as the LB coach, Beebe as an WR coach, etc)

None of that may necessarily be the answer, but it would make the fans at least feel better than watching the Crypt Keeper every week and give us cause for some optimism.

don't forget Kelly as QB coach, Thurman as RB coach, Bruce as DL coach, Hull as OL coach......