If Rush was buying our Bills instead of the Rams...

major

i dont need to find specific quotes. i see first hand down here in the south, people that listen to him every day and directly interpret what he says into hateful and racist ideals. i hear it at work almost every day. whether he says something directly or not, what he is saying is being UNDERSTOOD to mean something pretty evil. whether that is his fault or not, its what has lead to his popularity and wealth.

i also have a HUGE problem with the reverse racism down here. rappers are partly to blame for it as well. i have to deal with it on a regular basis and it is infuriating.

what did i say that pissed you off so badly? i called him exactly what he is. he makes a living being a propagandist. he takes one hard, extreme side and sticks to it to the point of ridiculousness. i understand that there are people on the opposite side who do the same thing.

the fact that you cant agree that both or ANY extreme view is ignorant and short-sighted is kinda scary.

don't waste your time trying to get through to these guys. they have the "white people are victims of the leftists!" thing down just as well as slimeball does. it's their identity and they're not going to let go of it.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont need to find specific quotes. i see first hand down here in the south, people that listen to him every day and directly interpret what he says into hateful and racist ideals. i hear it at work almost every day. whether he says something directly or not, what he is saying is being UNDERSTOOD to mean something pretty evil. whether that is his fault or not, its what has lead to his popularity and wealth.

i also have a HUGE problem with the reverse racism down here. rappers are partly to blame for it as well. i have to deal with it on a regular basis and it is infuriating.

what did i say that pissed you off so badly? i called him exactly what he is. he makes a living being a propagandist. he takes one hard, extreme side and sticks to it to the point of ridiculousness. i understand that there are people on the opposite side who do the same thing.

the fact that you cant agree that both or ANY extreme view is ignorant and short-sighted is kinda scary.

You are wasting your breath... the bone quote that he admitted to is proof enough, and the people that support him or defend him believe what they believe. This is precisely why we as Americans can never, ever let extremists hijack our country. Just like Islamic militants, the extremist militants on radio and television will never stop spreading hate.

My point, more slowly for you, is that the more people B word and yell and scream about Rush, the more popular he becomes. You think you're shouting at a balloon when you're filling it with more air.

The less you feed the beast, the tamer it becomes.

Sorry that point got lost on you.

And for what it's worth, I live in California and I'm surrounded by a few tree-hugging Olbermann lovers. And you know what? You can count the number of viewers that Olbermann has on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher, but he is ever bit as radically tilted as Rush, only to the left. Know why Olbermann has a fistful of viewers? Because most people on the right ignore him. If people on the left ignored Rush, you'd have fewer people listening to what you, personally, perceive as hateful and divisive.

And if you want hateful and divisive, look to the WH long before you listen to a guy on AM radio. There's a reason this country is so polarized right now.

And for what it's worth, I live in California and I'm surrounded by a few tree-hugging Olbermann lovers. And you know what? You can count the number of viewers that Olbermann has on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher, but he is ever bit as radically tilted as Rush, only to the left. Know why Olbermann has a fistful of viewers? Because most people on the right ignore him. If people on the left ignored Rush, you'd have fewer people listening to what you, personally, perceive as hateful and divisive.

And if you want hateful and divisive, look to the WH long before you listen to a guy on AM radio. There's a reason this country is so polarized right now.

Problem is that those on the right won't ever attack Rush for being full of extremism like they would Olbermann, and vice versa. Those of us in the middle have to throw darts at both, and then defend ourselves from their supporters or apologists. Yeah, Olbermann and Michael Moore are horrible ignorants as well... but no one can EVER admit that Rush is just like THEM.

Problem is that those on the right won't ever attack Rush for being full of extremism like they would Olbermann, and vice versa. Those of us in the middle have to throw darts at both, and then defend ourselves from their supporters or apologists. Yeah, Olbermann and Michael Moore are horrible ignorants as well... but no one can EVER admit that Rush is just like THEM.

Actually, no. I don't defend myself against either of those groups. Only idiots listen to any of those guys. And yes, that is a blanket statement.

This is so awesome, and you know why it's so awesome? Because there are countless idiots out there with TV cameras and radio mics right in front of their pieholes, and they're all saying the same thing that you say here. The problem is, they're all repeating racist quotes that have been repeatedly proven over the past two days not to exist. And yet everyone keeps quoting them because it supports their insatiable desire to paint him as "hateful" and "divisive."

Can all of the quotes be proven? No.

Are there plenty of racist rants that can be proven? Sure!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh.asp :P

Actually, no. I don't defend myself against either of those groups. Only idiots listen to any of those guys. And yes, that is a blanket statement.

Most of those who have commented so far that have defended Rush lambast the left/Olbermann/_______ often, which is extremely hypocritical.... that was my point.

I love when people draw comparisons between Limbaugh and Olbermann even though they are in different mediums. Try O'Reilly or Beck and Olbermann.

Also love it that Olbermann (and Franken, and Moore) are attacked for being extremists, when two of Olbermann's highest rated shows have been attacking Hillary Clinton (during the campaign) and Obama (recently), Franken is a humorist who's biggest sin is that he's written books about rightwing talkshow hosts, and Moore has made two recent films (Sicko and Capitalism) that attack the both sides of the aisle equally in Congress, but had the gaul to question the logic of W invading Iraq on faulty intelligence before it came out that the invasion of Iraq was... based on faulty intelligence.

one correction to your observations: to get news & be informed, you won't get it from picking up a newspaper. Why do you think so many newspapers are in such dire straits financially? Because they produce slanted, biased crap which they try to pass off as " farmers are just siitting with their families, gathered 'round the old Philco in their living rooms, waiting for Rush to guide their ignorant lives. Unlike a large portion of Obama's supporter, waiting for the next handout, those farmers are actuallu busy working.

Ummm - I think it is the farmers who are actually receiving the handouts for not working. Iowa gets more in subsidies per industry and per capita then NY. - for growing corn for ethanol and for livestock feed. And yes, most of those people actually sit around their radios in their pick-up trucks listening to Rush and watching Glenn Beck on a new 52" LCD screen to get news instead of picking up a paper or reading online to get the real news and be informed.

Let's stick to football, not politics. It's only depressing....

one correction to your observations: to get news & be informed, you won't get it from picking up a newspaper. Why do you think so many newspapers are in such dire straits financially? Because they produce slanted, biased crap which they try to pass off as "news"....

Ummm - I think it is the farmers who are actually receiving the handouts for not working. Iowa gets more in subsidies per industry and per capita then NY. - for growing corn for ethanol and for livestock feed. And yes, most of those people actually sit around their radios in their pick-up trucks listening to Rush and watching Glenn Beck on a new 52" LCD screen to get news instead of picking up a paper or reading online to get the real news and be informed.

Let's stick to football, not politics. It's only depressing....

I love when people draw comparisons between Limbaugh and Olbermann even though they are in different mediums. Try O'Reilly or Beck and Olbermann.

Also love it that Olbermann (and Franken, and Moore) are attacked for being extremists, when two of Olbermann's highest rated shows have been attacking Hillary Clinton (during the campaign) and Obama (recently), Franken is a humorist who's biggest sin is that he's written books about rightwing talkshow hosts, and Moore has made two recent films (Sicko and Capitalism) that attack the both sides of the aisle equally in Congress, but had the gaul to question the logic of W invading Iraq on faulty intelligence before it came out that the invasion of Iraq was... based on faulty intelligence.

Comparing O'Relly to either Beck or Olbermann just shows you don't know what you're talking about. Neither Obama nor Axelrod would EVER be caught dead being interviewed by Beck or Olbermann. There's a reason why the best Olbermann can do for a guest is either a Newsweek editor or Janeane Garafolo.

one correction to your observations: to get news & be informed, you won't get it from picking up a newspaper. Why do you think so many newspapers are in such dire straits financially? Because they produce slanted, biased crap which they try to pass off as " farmers are just siitting with their families, gathered 'round the old Philco in their living rooms, waiting for Rush to guide their ignorant lives. Unlike a large portion of Obama's supporter, waiting for the next handout, those farmers are actuallu busy working.

Let's stick to football, not politics. It's only depressing...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure newspapers have seen declining revenue because of the advent of 24-hour cable news in the 90s, the internet and, whether you realize this or not, Craigslist and eBay. One of the largest sources of revenue for newspapers is not advertising, it's classifieds. When you can sell your stuff on eBay for a tiny fee, or on Craigslist for free, why are you going to put it in a newspaper? Newspapers have always had slants.

I live in central Ohio, and our only daily paper is owned and operated by a wealthy, ultra-conservative family that uses the editorial page to spout whatever they like. Sort of like the Wall Street Journal, The NY Post, even the NY Times and Wash. Post, supposed liberal-leaning papers, have numerous right-wing columnists on staff. If they didn't, Fox News, right wing talk radio and the think tank noise machine would whine about it until they hired some hack to fit the bill, regardless of actual ability or credentials. Why do you think so many of the current right wing opinion makers (Bill Kristol, Andrew Schafly, John Podhoretz) are the children of respected intellectuals (Irving Kristol, Phyllis Shafly, Norman Podhoretz)? It's the right wing version of affirmative action.

Oh, and many farmers receive massive amounts of federal dollars in the form of agricultural subsidies. Also, talking about farmers as some sort of representative block of America is outdated. Maybe if it was the 1930s and 1 of out every 4 citizens resided on a farm, it would matter, but today it's less than 2%. The majority of farming is done by giant multinational agribusinesses.

Comparing O'Relly to either Beck or Olbermann just shows you don't know what you're talking about. Neither Obama nor Axelrod would EVER be caught dead being interviewed by Beck or Olbermann. There's a reason why the best Olbermann can do for a guest is either a Newsweek editor or Janeane Garafolo.

WTF are you talking about? Who cares what the celebrity level of their guests is, I'm talking about medium and show format. They're all talking head opinion spouters.

That's right, because those bumbling farmers and country bumpkins are just a bunch of blank canvases, waiting for Rush to show them the way. :P

Ummm...I don't think most farmers are just siitting with their families, gathered 'round the old Philco in their living rooms, waiting for Rush to guide their ignorant lives. Unlike a large portion of Obama's supporter, waiting for the next handout, those farmers are actuallu busy working.

You strike me as the kind of elitist who assumes the salt of the earth middle American, church-going citizens are a bunch of Mayberry castoffs who couldn't find their pitchfork with a Garmin GPS navigation system. If that's your assumption, that's as ignoratnt as any ethnic or racial stereotype.

You want to see duped? Look no further than the ignoartant masses duped by our new messiah or the maliable Acorn recruits voting for their amzing leader, but who couldnt' even tell you who the VP candidate was.

You wanna see some real dumbasses?......click here:

Save all of the meaningless elitist this, elitist that crap. The only people calling President Obama a mesiah are people who hate him politcally. Also, quit pretending 'middle Americans' who are church going (I happen to also attend church) are the only hard working people in this country. Do you really think that all of the people, like me, who gave Obama money are waiting for a friggin' fu%$%ing handout???? I gurantee you that neither you nor any farmer has worked harder than my friends and me and we don't live in middle America. Quit your claim to self righteousness - it makes you look stupid!

Ohh, snopes.com says Rush MADE the statement about the bone AND Jackson and admitted saying it:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh.asp

APOLOGIZE to the man for calling him ignorant. Please, we're all waiting.

Just went and looked at Snopes....your reading comprehension is seriously lacking; he admitted to nothing, and the source is an old Newsday article (not linked either)!? Keep waiting, drinking the Kool-Aid, and then hold your breath too! lol

Also, how could anyone possibly know the ethnic make-up of a RADIO caller!?

I wonder how many hours all these Rush attackers have actually listened to his show? I'd bet the farm it's not many.

Rush Limbaugh is a very sucessful businessman. He turned a talk show into a multimillion dollar career. So, he would be an owner who would want to put a winner on the field. So, as a Bills Fan, I would welcome him with open arms.

On the topic of people calling him a rasist. Sharpton and Jackson are two of the biggest race hustlers in the world. Also, anything on Winipedia is probably a lie.

There is a big difference between a race hustler and a racist.

I was watching ESPN First Take today specifically to get their take on the Rush story and Marcellus Wiley went into a huge rant ending in calling rush "racist radio" while Skip and the ESPN host just nodded in agreement.

I was like, wtf????????

I've stumbled onto Rush's show occasionally (not a big fan of blustering style) and I've never heard racism. I've heard a TON of liberal bashing, but never did I here racism. I remember hearing him talk about how it's the democrats who are the one's holding back minorities with their policies. He's shtick, he's full of bluster, he's an entertainer, he's an agitator, but as far as I know he's not a racist. If he were, he would not have a radio show. Where is the evidence of this?????

But because people like Marcellus Wiley say it's so then it's just accepted as a fact. To me, it totally smacks as the left's giant opportunity to paint him (and hopefully all the other conservative talkers) as racists. So now in light of the fact that Rush has been shut out of consideration due to fake reports of racism, it's time that the part owner of the Nets, that "m!@#$ f!@#$n'" racist Jay-Z steps down...

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/01/19/feel/

Rush painted himself as a racist - you should listen more often.

Other than the fact that Limbaugh has lots of dough, I can't really understand his interest in co-owning an NFL franchise. First of all, the NFL has a salary cap (pay limits!) and revenue sharing (wealth redistribution!), which both fly in the face of his support of unregulated capitalism. Also, he'd be a co-owner, and a minority owner at that to Checketts, which means he would either need a consensus (groupthink!) or give primary control to Checketts. Also, Limbaugh would have to deal with the Players Union.. a UNION!

This is just a typical generalization from someone who has never listened to Rush. Rush has repeatedly explained on his show how he supports the salary cap and revenue sharing (in a nutshell, because they enhance the quality of competition).

The entire sports media establishment has extrapolated this idea of Rush being divisive and racist out of its own ignorant prejudices.