"Can real fans root against their team?"

Lori

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk of what a "real fan" is supposed to do. When do we start asking what a "real TEAM" should do? You know, a team that, from the owner on down, is showing its fanbase that their dollars are not being spent in vain? Please, show me a Bills TEAM and I'll show you some heartfelt cheers for their efforts, win or lose, from pretty much everybody here. You show me this crap cake being offered up, almost every darned season I have been watching this "team", except for those years Polian had his way, and I'll show you plenty of REAL fans who are just dying to have a TEAM to follow.

Can real fans root against their team?

I'm not at that point, and I'm not sure I ever could be. Think I'd stop caring first ... and that's getting closer and closer to happening.

At 1pm Sunday ill be right in front of the TV.

But 2 weeks ago I wasn't because I knew the Saints were a better club and With Jauron's" play not to lose" moto chances are the Bills were not going to win,even though I was hoping they would even with the injuries. Plus I had someone ..err something much better to do :unsure:

I cant stop caring.... I cant stop rooting...

But my expectations of victory are almost at a all time low because I believe this team is better than the record states but is being very poorly ran.... coaching and front office wise.

That's my main beef.......

Well said...Rooting for or hoping for a loss shows what kind of a person you are...definitely not a fan. At the present time, all real Bills fans are rooting for a 13-3 regular season

I am rooting for Santa to bring me Eliza Dushku as a Christmas present, which is about as likely as the Bills going 13-3 this season. So does that make me a "real" Eliza Dushku fan? I just don't get this "real" fan logic.

I'm not at that point, and I'm not sure I ever could be. Think I'd stop caring first ... and that's getting closer and closer to happening.

I still watch every game. I still want them to win...

But last week for instance: if it reaches a point in a game where they are obviously not going to win, I want the other team to just blow them out. I am beyond the point of expecting a turning point under Jauron. Enough blow outs should yield change of some sort...

I am rooting for Santa to bring me Eliza Dushku as a Christmas present, which is about as likely as the Bills going 13-3 this season. So does that make me a "real" Eliza Dushku fan? I just don't get this "real" fan logic.

True. Hoping/wishing is quite different from expecting.

I hope and wish by some miracle the Bills win the next 12 games, but the reality is, I am expecting something less.

I posted this once and I'll repeat it, I'm not rooting against my team, I'm rooting against DJ and for change, there's a big difference in my opinion. If folks can't understand that, I'm not sure what to tell them because I was born in Buffalo and I'm as die hard a fan as you can get.

Tough love is what I would call it, but I am willing to sacrifice a few feel good wins against the NFL's worse teams for the long term better of the football team I love.

Let me ask you guys this, If you knew beyond a doubt DJ would be replaced if the Bills lose to the Browns, then what would you say.

Bottom line, we all deserve better...

Depends. Assuming the loss, and the change takes place during the following week, then probably not. Changing the HC during the season pretty much means the FO has "given up" the season.

As bad as Jauron is (and he really is ugly bad), he stills give the Bills the "best" chance to win every week during the season.

Fans want change. If the only way for that to happen is for us to lose, then thats what people will want.

I think you will agree, we are a joke, and it makes me sick-

Ralph may have picked a bad weekend to do his thing at halftime. He may really get booed of the field

Wow, that is so my feelings... I would love to wake up to see that Santa stuffed my stocking with Eliza Dushku. I mean really, She might fight in my stocking as well :rolleyes:

That said, I can't root against the Bills, but I can root for Dicky J getting canned sooner than later.

I'm unsure that we're already in the "we should root for him to lose!" situation, so I do still want them to win, but once we're eliminated from playoff contention, the winning needs to end. Winning in Denver last year was the worst thing that happened to this team.

I'm one step ahead of you. After losing to Miami last week, we need to get rid of Jauron. Keep the "L's" coming.

Finishing 1-15 and getting the #1 pick is better than going 7-9 and getting #14.

See: Penguins, Pittsburg.

Opposite: Sabres, Buffalo.

If you actually think that getting the #1 pick guarantees us a better player than a player at #14, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you. The draft is a crapshoot...there are some players who look great in college who suck in the NFL....and others who look average in college who turn out to be stars. The only thing getting a high draft pick gets you for sure is the chance to pay him an even more ungodly amount of money...and be screwed for a few years if he turns out to be a bust.

Link To Article

You guys might want to read my article on Billsdaily.com. It kinda speaks to the frustration of living and dying as a Bills fan no matter how much the pain.

reads nice as a fiction piece.

Couple errors

Polian ran himself out of town...Ralph fired him for starting fights with other people in the organization, both the late Linda Bogdan and Treasurer Jeff Littman. No matter how good an employee is, he/she won't get away with starting fights within any real company...just a fact of life.

Chuck Knox was a pretty big name when we hired him and Tom Donahoe was, at the time, widely regarded as one of the best GMs in the league when he was hired as well.

A true fan wants what is best for their team/organization. It is obvious that Jauron and company need to go, and if losing to the Browns makes that happen quicker all the better. Personally I will not cheer for the Browns, but I want them to win this game.

i disagree with you fred dj. i want the bills to blow out the browns. i want the season to turn around. go to the playoffs and have everyone else left in our dust. while the season "looks over". its not. they are not near mathematical elimination. anything is still possible.