John Runyan is ready

I was listening to Moving the Chains on NFL radio. They interviewed John Runyan. He is ready to play this Sunday. He has been rehabing his knee after microfracture surgery for the past 9 months. He has been working out 5 days a week doing football drills like pulling, dropping into pass protectection, lifting, running and physical therapy on the knee to improve strenght and balance. He said realistically he could learn the offense and start a game in 2 weeks, but could go Sunday if asked. He started 192 games and played in 202. He is hungry to play, still has passion, leadership and a nasty attitude.

He has got to be worlds better than what we put out there at tackle last week.

Why the hell haven't we signed him. He said that his physical with the Bills went well. Adam Schein asked him if the Bills have called him recently and added that a team like the Bills need him.

I know Russ Brandon is an idiot, Jauron is a nice-likeable-puss-over-his-head-coach.

Can somebody explain what it would hurt to sign him?

The fact that no team has signed him, including the OT desperate Raiders and Packers probably means something - he's asking for too much money, or else the heart is there but the strength isn't.

That said, it seems like a perfect fit here in Buffalo, and the fact that we continue to stand pat with Kirk Chambers and Jonathan Scott is mind-boggling. As far as I know, we've only worked out a safety this week. Evidently, injuries to that position are crucial.

Runyan's knee is shot... the eagles had injuries to there line and didn't pick him up and he has been a starter in their system pretty much his whole career. Doesn't that tell you something? Every team could use a good lineman, i don't think any team thinks his knee will hold up...which is why he continues to sit.

But thanks for being the 800,000th person to post this for all of us to read

If the Bills thought they were one lineman away from having a contender, I don't think money would be an issue. But like all of us, they are probably fully aware that for this season the team is going nowhere. Bringing in anyone for a significant amount of money would simply be a waste.

I was all for signing Runyan after Week 1 but at this point, RT is the least of our worries.

Trent Edwards may disagree with that (although he'll never dare to say it publicly) ...

Maybe he should say something publicly.....

After all its his health on the line for God sake.

Can't disagree. I know Jim Kelly instigated the whole "Bickering Bills" thing when he went off on House Ballard, but I agreed with him all the way -- if I'm the guy in a shoulder sling because someone else screwed up, darn straight I'd be a little annoyed.

Can't disagree. I know Jim Kelly instigated the whole "Bickering Bills" thing when he went off on House Ballard, but I agreed with him all the way -- if I'm the guy in a shoulder sling because someone else screwed up, darn straight I'd be a little annoyed.

Imagine how pissed Kelly would have been if the Ballard play in question HADN'T resulted in a TD pass?

This is one of the few times I have to disagree with you, Capt. Stats. Kelly should have kept it in house (no pun intended) rather than publicly rebuke one of his lineman.

Then again, that may have been the catalyst for the growth the entire team experienced thereafter. It certainly caused them to address some festering issues.

GO BILLS!!!

despite this report, am told that Runyan is not ready.

if he was, some team would have signed him. it's not money, it's microfracture surgery, and no one's going to take a chance on Runyan at this point because it's considered way too early in rehab.

jw

Never fear. Even though you know what you're talking about, this can be made debatable.