Nothing better than a game 7 in sports.

Yankees over twins in 3

Angels over Red sox in 5

Col over Philly in 4

St Louis over Dodgers in 4

Angels over yankees in 6

Col over St Louis in 7

Angels over Col in 6

On a side noted, wanted to take the yankees today. As my 5 for thursday has indicated I have not been doing very well in the college football, however I have been red hot in the baseball. I do not bet alot of baseball but when I see a good opportunity I jump on it. Dating back to the 2nd week of september I have won my last 11 out of 12 bets. So anyways, wanted to take the skanks today, noway they lose with what Minn had to go thru yesterday. Their bullpen is shot & they are forced to throwout their 4th best starter against this lineup. Good luck. However I just got the line, minus 340!!!!! I have never seen that high of line in the regular season let alone the playoff. Cant lay that kind of juice. I do not care how good I feel about the yankees winning today.

IIRC, you have a history of correctly calling winners in the MLB postseason.

He was damn near dead on in the baseball forum thread! :unsure:

My picks:

NLDS

Rockies over Phillies (homer pick)

St Lou over Dodgers (can't hide my Cardinal fandom)

ALDS

Yanks over Twinks

Sox over Angels (the Henderson Jinx continues)

NLCS

St. Louis over Rockies

ALCS

Yanks over Sox (I don't like the Yanks much, but loath the Sox more and the Yanks have their number this year)

WS

Cards over Yanks (probably about 47 homeruns hit in this series)

* we have tickets for Saturday's game in Denver and the forecast is high of 36 and snow! Will be just like an old-school Bills game.

* we have tickets for Saturday's game in Denver and the forecast is high of 36 and snow! Will be just like an old-school Bills game.

Ah, I'm not even a Rockies fan and I'm jealous! That'll be fun to attend if the weather forecast is correct. Might play to Colorado's advantage, too. Not as easy for the Phils big bats to knock 'em out of Coors Field in those conditions....

Ah, I'm not even a Rockies fan and I'm jealous! That'll be fun to attend if the weather forecast is correct. Might play to Colorado's advantage, too. Not as easy for the Phils big bats to knock 'em out of Coors Field in those conditions....

It should be a good time. Luckily we have a hotel room downtown after the game, so if it gets postponed until Sunday we don't have to make the trip up there twice, plus we can have as many pre/post-game drinks as we want.

Between the humidor and the cold, that should help the Rocks... you're right. The big thing is for the Rockies to keep it close, so the Phils have to go to their bullpen (although with the exception of Huston Street, that's not a promising venture for the Rockies Bullpen either).

It should be a good time. Luckily we have a hotel room downtown after the game, so if it gets postponed until Sunday we don't have to make the trip up there twice, plus we can have as many pre/post-game drinks as we want.

Between the humidor and the cold, that should help the Rocks... you're right. The big thing is for the Rockies to keep it close, so the Phils have to go to their bullpen (although with the exception of Huston Street, that's not a promising venture for the Rockies Bullpen either).

Very true, Street was an excellent pick up for them in the Holliday trade. Fogg has also pitched well out of the bullpen this year too, right? He has some experience. IMO, they need to steal one of the first two games in Philadelphia in order to have a shot at winning the series. It can be done. I'm not completely sold on Lee as a playoff pitcher and Hamels has been inconsistent much of the year. That being said, the Phillies lineup is downright scary. Would have been nice to see what would happen if De La Rosa was able to pitch in this series.

ALDS

Sox over Angels in 4

Yankees over Twins in 4

NLDS

Cardinals over Dodgers in 4

Rockies over Phillies in 5

ALCS

Yankees over Sox in 7

Cardinals over Rockies in 6

World Series

Cardinals over Yankees in 6

I was a big believer in the Dodgers at the start of the year, but i just don't see them coming out of the awful tailspin they've been in for the past month or so.

I know I'm on the wrong board to say this, but I think the very best thing in sports is postseason baseball. There is such high drama, and every pitch just matters so much................Last night was a total classic

I know I'm on the wrong board to say this, but I think the very best thing in sports is postseason baseball. There is such high drama, and every pitch just matters so much................Last night was a total classic

I caught last night's game from the 8th inning on and I was very glad that I did. I would have liked the Tigers to win because of Jim Leyland's history with the Bison's, but I had no deep routing interest. Having said that, it was a fascinating ballgame. I think that the problem with baseball is that the season is too long. In this day and age the 162 game schedule is irrelevant. There was a time in this country when baseball truly was the nation's pastime. But that was when rotary phones were all the rage.

i'm sure mlb and fox are pryaing for the yanks vs dodgers to add to the drama of the world series

torre trying to beat his former team in the championship makes for a good story.

although i'd be pulling for my yanks

The only thing better would be Manny vs. Red Sox. Can you imagine what he'd hit in that series?

And I agree with b3. Playoff baseball rocks.

IIRC, you have a history of correctly calling winners in the MLB postseason.

Somewhat. I am more accurate on the Cardinals than baseball as a whole. I saw the wheels set in motion for this about May of LAST year. It is pretty much inevitable. Nothing is impossible, but the Cardinals not winning it all this year is close.

I'm better at predicting the NBA than MLB though. The NBA is fixed. Last year I predicted in February that the Lakers would beat either the Magic or Hawks in a short final. I predicted the Celtics would fight hard but get bounced pretty early due to a fake injury to a key player. You can look it up on this site. I can't brag too much because it is fixed. I just figured out the story line.

MLB is not fixed, I'm just pretty in tune with the Cards.