Will stubbornness keep Langston Walker off of this team?

Got_Wood

It was an idiotic move in the first place to cut Walker given our lack of depth to begin the season. Now I think it's time to swallow your pride (Jauron) and bring him back. Edwards knees depend on it.

(Not sure why I care anymore.)

Not sure Walker answers that phone call.

I agree. People just assume that the Bills jsut wanted to cut Walker. I won't doubt it if the Bills told Walker Bell was the starter and he asked for his release. LW got screwed and probably didn't want to be a backup after losing 2 starting jobs.

I agree. People just assume that the Bills jsut wanted to cut Walker. I won't doubt it if the Bills told Walker Bell was the starter and he asked for his release. LW got screwed and probably didn't want to be a backup after losing 2 starting jobs.

Man I hope that's not true. But I'm not shocked by any of the ignorance of this Dick Jauron run team anymore.

Langston was more than solid at RT for us last year, and there's no reason he shouldn't be here starting ahead of Scott anyways. They're morons if they don't make that move.

...Now I think it's time to swallow your pride (Jauron) and bring him back...

Cutting Walker had nothing to do with Jauron's pride. It had everything to do with saving money. To get him back now, Brandon and the boys would have to get him to agree to some kind of lesser contract. Isn't it painfully obvious to you by now that Wilson has decided to stop spending any more money this season?? :lol::lol:

I don't think Walker asked for his release in that he had a high contract that no team would match or exceed. Once the Bills cut him he didn't get paid anymore so there is no good reason to lose all that money. The thing is it would be hard for the Bills to go back now and try to bring him back in since he would know it would only be until the other players healed. Is it worth it to him to make a few weeks salary at this point in his life?

It was a stupid, penny pinching move to begin with. Not saying he is an elite tackle, but it was like selling your house with no other place to live, they had no backup plan. What other choice do they have but to bring him or some other veteran in, our line is pathetic, and is going to get whomever is back at QB killed. I and many others have been saying it, the FO dropped the ball on the O-Line months ago. So many people on this board were so excited about our young, no experience line after one game, which turned out to be against a Pats D-Line that has gotten really no pressure on QBs all year. People were glad they got rid of Walker but were complaining because they wouldn't throw the bank at Jason Peters, Walker actually played better in 2008 than Peters did, without a doubt.

It was a stupid, penny pinching move to begin with. Not saying he is an elite tackle, but it was like selling your house with no other place to live, they had no backup plan. What other choice do they have but to bring him or some other veteran in, our line is pathetic, and is going to get whomever is back at QB killed. I and many others have been saying it, the FO dropped the ball on the O-Line months ago. So many people on this board were so excited about our young, no experience line after one game, which turned out to be against a Pats D-Line that has gotten really no pressure on QBs all year. People were glad they got rid of Walker but were complaining because they wouldn't throw the bank at Jason Peters, Walker actually played better in 2008 than Peters did, without a doubt.

Re-sign Walker and put him at RT where he belongs. then we only need to find a LT to complete the line.

Re-sign Walker and put him at RT where he belongs. then we only need to find a LT to complete the line.

With Bell back at LT and Walker at RT, we have at least a short term solution. But no doubt, we need to draft a big OT or sign a free agent OT in the offseason.

With Bell back at LT and Walker at RT, we have at least a short term solution. But no doubt, we need to draft a big OT or sign a free agent OT in the offseason.

Had the chance to do that THIS draft/offseason. They chose otherwise. Think we can agree that was a bad call.

Add: and I knew this topic sounded familiar ...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=96848

Had the chance to do that THIS draft/offseason. They chose otherwise. Think we can agree that was a bad call.

Add: and I knew this topic sounded familiar ...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=96848

Calling it a bad call is being very nice, especially taking into consideration how late they made the call. If I made a gross miscalculation in MY job, they'd walk me out of the building immediately.

Geez... its been over 4 weeks since Walker joined the unemployment ranks.

So, please remind me, with all of the injuries to offensive linemen in the NFL, and Walker's size and several years as an NFL starte, why is he still unemployed?

I'll let the rest of you answer that question.

PS... I think Terrance Pennington, Tuten Reyes, & Teague might be bagging groceries somewhere... someone send John Guy a memo.

Look folks... you can surround Captain Checkdown with an allpro OL. He's still gonna be captain checkdown and the results are going to be the same.

No addition of personnel is going to cure this team. Only a total gutting of the FO and replacing them with competent football people, plus RW's Willingness to back off at least two steps will fix it. Trust me, a real football man will recognize the willy nilly idiots in this organization and the amatuer coaching staff and send them packing

No addition of personnel is going to cure this team. Only a total gutting of the FO and replacing them with competent football people, plus RW's Willingness to back off at least two steps will fix it. Trust me, a real football man will recognize the willy nilly idiots in this organization and the amatuer coaching staff and send them packing

This is why I said I'm not sure why I care. You're right, in the end we're not going to win with this staff and this philosophy. I still would like to see Langston back here just to save Lynch, Jackson, and Edwards from getting destroyed every game though.

Now that he has been on his own for a few weeks, do you really think he will be in game shape. He probably put on at least 20 pounds since was let go. Unless they are planning on changing the offensive style, no reason to call him in. Don't think he can keep up with pace of offence, of course would require team actually getting a few first downs in a row once in awhile.

We also are doing more traps and screens which require him to be able to get out and block in open field, or quickly move across the formation. If he was in the condition that was last year, then heck yeah, but not the condition he showed up this year in, even before sitting home for a month.

I say pass, and lets see what the young lineman on team can do, so we can gage thier future. At worst may improve depth for next year. Hopefully then Bell continues his rapid developement and is a good LT by then, I dont expect him to be an allpro, but think he can develope into a solid starting LT if he continues to develope at current pace. I was OK with the RT position before Butler went down, so if he come back strong next year we should be OK there. The interior of the line just needs more time working together and an offseason with strength and conditioning coaches to be good IMO.

I think that they have the pieces in place to have a good line next year, if they can stay healthy and continue to develop. But they are horrible without Bell and Butler, and don't think anyone on free agent market is much of an upgrade. The bigger names out their are there for a reason, either do to conditioning, or health issues. And the only person that I though had potential that was out there they already signed, but he is at least a year away from helping.

Basically what I am saying, is that I don't see Walker coming in an contributing at this point. Not like he was exactly gun-ho about being here this off season before he was cut anyway.

Langston Brandon Walker (born September 3, 1979 in Oakland, California) is an American football offensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the second round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He played college football at California.

Walker last played for the Buffalo Bills, and was reportedly the biggest man in the NFL.

link

Methinks Walker's next stop is the WWF.