Hey all you Jason Peters haters

I wuv Mike Weach

I wuv Doug Fwutie

Jason Peters doesn't wuv me

Fixed.

It's also adorable, little one, that every argument you have boils down to taking somebody else's post and over-writing it with "blah blah blah"...that's really compelling stuff. Are you two years old, or do you simply realize that your arguments--which consist mostly of name-calling and being a smart-ass--are completely ineffective and elementary? Just curious.

Now go play in your sandbox while the big kids have a real discussion.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed.

It's also adorablah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I love Jason Peters.

fixed

Fixed.

It's also adorable, little one, that every argument you have boils down to taking somebody else's post and over-writing it with "blah blah blah"...that's really compelling stuff. Are you two years old, or do you simply realize that your arguments--which consist mostly of name-calling and being a smart-ass--are completely ineffective and elementary? Just curious.

Now go play in your sandbox while the big kids have a real discussion.

It's all that logic he absorbed at Jesuit and Ivy league schools.

I notice all of you Jason Pets haters are quiet now...maybe Peters will send you a postcard from the NFL Playoffs or the Super Bowl! :unsure::thumbdown::bag::wallbash:

Oh, just shut up!

I don't think any Peters "haters" hate his ability.

What we hate, and indeed what I believe the Bills grew tired of as well, was a former undrafted college TE-turned- Pro Bowl LT BY THE BILLS ORGANIZATION, refusing to cooperate with a team first mentality 2 years in a row while demanding a top-tier free agent contract 2 YEARS PRIOR TO HIS OWN CONTRACT EXPIRING, which he also happened to have signed under his own cognition.

His me-first mentality offset the salary structure of the team and the team concept as a whole. Indeed, the Patriots would have let him walk too.

Oh, just shut up!

What we hate, and indeed what I believe the Bills grew tired of as well, was a former undrafted college TE-turned- Pro Bowl LT BY THE BILLS ORGANIZATION, refusing to cooperate with a team first mentality 2 years in a row while demanding a top-tier free agent contract 2 YEARS PRIOR TO HIS OWN CONTRACT EXPIRING, which he also happened to have signed under his own cognition.

His me-first mentality offset the salary structure of the team and the team concept as a whole. Indeed, the Patriots would have let him walk too.

Perfect. :unsure:

Oh, and just so you know for future refereblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I love Jason Peters.

fixed

Oh, just shut up!

Amen. Still glad he's gone. And BTW, the first time he pulled his little act, it was THREE years before his contract was to expire.

Oh, just shut up!

That's why (besides the cheating) the cheatriettes* are so successful, despite having one of the league's lowest payrolls - they don't allow a POS like FatBoy Peters to disrupt their locker room and hold the team hostage.

belicheat* gets rid of scum like Peters in a hurry.

Trading Peters would look pretty brilliant if the BILLS had picked Oher at 11 and then Woods/Levitre. That would have been monolithic.

Exactly. A great OL in the making. Even if a healthy Bell could have nailed down the LT spot, Oher can (and is) playing RT for the Ravens too. Oher is a nasty young man who is incented to play with attitude and by all accounts is doing a great job.

As for a pass rushing DE, they should never have let Cam Wake leave town. I understand that they were system/compatibility issues involved in his decision but extra bucks would have likely resolved this. Anyway, as a 3-4 linebacker CW is not (yet) great in space or dropping back into coverage. But I watched him for two years in BC and believe me he will eat QBs all day long, which is what we needed him to do. He will certainly not dominate the NFL as he did the CFL, but you know what, he stands a good chance of being a dominant pass rusher nevertheless. The Fins have found themselves a younger Jason Taylor.

Nothing against A. Maybin. I think he is a great kid, probably not too small to play DE, needs to get stronger and develop inside moves, as everyone knows. Just saying that the scenario I would have preferred would have gotten us to a better place much faster.

Oh, just shut up!

No they wouldn't have. Or if they did, the back up plan wouldn't have been a guy no one ever thought could play left tackle who turned out to be not even good enough to be on the roster. They also wouldn't have publicly called out the player they are trying to reach a deal with. They probably also wouldn't have....oh god, the list is endless of the freaking mistakes the Patriots surely would not have made.

Really, is it such a stretch to conclude that this team, coaches, front office dudes and scouting screwed this up given how clearly they have screwed everything else up as the football we have watched over the last 10 years so amply demonstrates? Did they somehow royally screw up everything and yet managed to handle the Peters issue flawlessly?

And Peters turned himself into a pro bowler, the bills didn't wave a magic wand. The guy was tops on every sleeper list, and "project" player list of that draft due to his freakish athletic skills for his size.

By the way, how is that "team concept" that we so wonderfully maintained by losing Peters going? Sure made a difference didn't it? Call me crazy but rather than conjuring up some amorphous crap like "upsetting the team concept" and hope that gets a few wins, I would rather rely on players with the skill to perform in this league at the highest levels. So far, our "team concept" has yielded 16 sacks in 4 games and one win, against the 0-4 Bucs. Meanwhile, Philly, despite Peters having laid waste to their "team concept", have given up only 3 sacks and are 2-1 with their only loss to the undefeated Saints with their starting QB on the bench.

Where were the complaints that we were upsetting the oh-so-precious "team concept" when Schobel's already titanic deal was redone only a year after he signed it after he skipped some OTA's?

The worst personnel decision this team has ever made was to draft Mike Williams. The best decision they have made in years was stumbling across Jason Peters. They manages to bungle that good fortune.

As if Peters is the first pain in the neck, self centered athlete with skills to match his ego that ever graced a Roster. Half the best player in the league fit that description. What matters is if they can freaking play. God knows we have very few of those.

Exactly. A great OL in the making. Even if a healthy Bell could have nailed down the LT spot, Oher can (and is) playing RT for the Ravens too. Oher is a nasty young man who is incented to play with attitude and by all accounts is doing a great job.

As for a pass rushing DE, they should never have let Cam Wake leave town. I understand that they were system/compatibility issues involved in his decision but extra bucks would have likely resolved this. Anyway, as a 3-4 linebacker CW is not (yet) great in space or dropping back into coverage. But I watched him for two years in BC and believe me he will eat QBs all day long, which is what we needed him to do. He will certainly not dominate the NFL as he did the CFL, but you know what, he stands a good chance of being a dominant pass rusher nevertheless. The Fins have found themselves a younger Jason Taylor.

Nothing against A. Maybin. I think he is a great kid, probably not too small to play DE, needs to get stronger and develop inside moves, as everyone knows. Just saying that the scenario I would have preferred would have gotten us to a better place much faster.

They could have taken Oher and still had Peters and that would have been a great line, not in the making but right now. A few games in, I am not ready to label any rookie "great" or even great "in the making". That is also true for Oher as well. Its all a crap shoot which is why guys who have proven they have "it" are worth so much. I'd rather spend $10 mil a year on guy I know can play than 3 mil per year to 2 or 3 guys that maybe suck, maybe don't.

No they wouldn't have. Or if they did, the back up plan wouldn't have been a guy no one ever thought could play left tackle who turned out to be not even good enough to be on the roster. They also wouldn't have publicly called out the player they are trying to reach a deal with. They probably also wouldn't have....oh god, the list is endless of the freaking mistakes the Patriots surely would not have made.

Really, is it such a stretch to conclude that this team, coaches, front office dudes and scouting screwed this up given how clearly they have screwed everything else up as the football we have watched over the last 10 years so amply demonstrates? Did they somehow royally screw up everything and yet managed to handle the Peters issue flawlessly?

And Peters turned himself into a pro bowler, the bills didn't wave a magic wand. The guy was tops on every sleeper list, and "project" player list of that draft due to his freakish athletic skills for his size.

By the way, how is that "team concept" that we so wonderfully maintained by losing Peters going? Sure made a difference didn't it? Call me crazy but rather than conjuring up some amorphous crap like "upsetting the team concept" and hope that gets a few wins, I would rather rely on players with the skill to perform in this league at the highest levels. So far, our "team concept" has yielded 16 sacks in 4 games and one win, against the 0-4 Bucs. Meanwhile, Philly, despite Peters having laid waste to their "team concept", have given up only 3 sacks and are 2-1 with their only loss to the undefeated Saints with their starting QB on the bench.

Where were the complaints that we were upsetting the oh-so-precious "team concept" when Schobel's already titanic deal was redone only a year after he signed it after he skipped some OTA's?

The worst personnel decision this team has ever made was to draft Mike Williams. The best decision they have made in years was stumbling across Jason Peters. They manages to bungle that good fortune.

As if Peters is the first pain in the neck, self centered athlete with skills to match his ego that ever graced a Roster. Half the best player in the league fit that description. What matters is if they can freaking play. God knows we have very few of those.

You just couldn't let sleeping dogs lie, could you? You had to go pointing out reality, bringing up facts, and making sense, didn't you? Where's your sense of irrationality?

But seriously, you nailed it. There's not one thing in your post that isn't 100% accurate.

It's still early in the season. He should indeed be ranked #10, based on what has happened so far this season, but this isn't yet a representative sample of games. Around mid-season, things will settle down, if history is a good indicator. let's see where Reed ranks then.

And Peters too.

Hi

First post, stumbled across this in looking for feedback for our site. I work for Pro Football Focus (so am happy to answer any questions or queries) but this is exactly the point I was going to raise in relation to the rankings now. Its very early so great performances carry more weight than consistent production ... I'd look at the example of someone like Mario Williams who hasn't been that good until he had an incredible, out of this world game against the Raiders that jumped him up big time.

Schouman didn't really have a chance to suck almost after a great week 2, while Reed is benefiting from exactly the point Thurman makes so we'll see how it plays out over the season.

Peters is an interesting one. I think for the past two years he was nothing special (certainly not bad, but not Pro Bowl good) but he has started this season pretty well. The opposition he faces may have something to do with it, or he may be on his best behaviour and playing to his potential rather than his attitude.

The Bills need a good offensive line to succeed in the East, unfortunately they have one of the weakest in the league right now.

Anyways, happy to answer any questions regarding the site and hoping to get involved in some good discussion over here.

They could have taken Oher and still had Peters and that would have been a great line, not in the making but right now. A few games in, I am not ready to label any rookie "great" or even great "in the making". That is also true for Oher as well. Its all a crap shoot which is why guys who have proven they have "it" are worth so much. I'd rather spend $10 mil a year on guy I know can play than 3 mil per year to 2 or 3 guys that maybe suck, maybe don't.

With very few exceptions (for example Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis) no one should annoint rookies as premier players three or four games into their careers. But neither can you disregard the importance of the draft in building championship teams, and all that that brings with it. Michael Oher thought he was the best offensive tackle in the draft and while that in itself means nothing add to it the fact that he is playing with a huge chip on his shoulders and feels he has something to prove and that suggests to me that he has the physchological attributes you love to see in a young player. Also the Ravens did not hesitate and I have a lot of time for that FO when it comes to the draft.

I don't want to get into the JP controversy. That question is not one that I am comfortable with simply because I don't have all of the material facts, and the technical football knowledge, needed to come to a reliable conclusion. For what its worth I think JP is indeed a very superior talent, from what I've seen in Philly this year he has been good especially in run blocking, and especially downfield. Last year he was very inconsistent, and at times looked bad, but he could still also look great from time to time, which was frustrating because only a very talented player can ever do those things at all.

Its clear from his presser when his signing was announced, as well as from interviews he did afterwards that he was concerned about meeting expectations, which of course are very high in Philly, but not because he doubted his ability but only to caution people that he would be going up against some of the best pass rushing DEs in the game and to remind them that no one is 100% unbeatable, including him. He also said that if he got beat he would get right back up and in the guy's face. In other words he would get better. All of this makes sense to me and connotes a positive attitude.

I think only time will tell whether he is a selfish lazy bum with a lousy attitude or a great left tackle. For what its worth (probably not much) I think more probably the latter than the former.

No they wouldn't have. Or if they did, the back up plan woublah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

fixed.

They could have taken Oher and still hablah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I love Jason Peters.

fixed.

You just couldn't let sleeping dogs lie, could you? You had to go poinblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I love Jason Peters.

fixed.