Before we throw the baby out ahead of the bath water

BuffaloBud

Every team has injuries.

But how about answering this question: After 3 and 1/4 seasons as coach of the Bills, what is the Dick Jauron philosophy? What is the defining character of the team?

When you think of the Colts and Cards, you think of an attacking offense. When you think of the Ravens and Steelers, you think of a dominating defense.

What do you comes to mind when you think of a Dick Jauron team? What is the character and attitude of the team he coaches?

What we've seen is that his team has no real attitude or character. His coaching philosophy does not translate into winning football.

The guy is a flat-out failure. He can barely coach when he has a healthy team, much less deal with injuries that are common to every NFL team.

Believe me - I'm not standing up for DJ. I just got to thinking about the age / experience level of this team. You do however bring up a very good point.

Jauron has been part of the decision making team that has allowed this offensive (pun intended) line come together. He could have insisted upon mixing in a vet or two. The Bills were also idiots for allowing Peters to slip away.

And don't forget that DJ picked his assistant coaches and the schemes tha are used.

Looking at the depth chart and along with who played yesterday - am I not seeing something correctly? And, I'm not trying to make excuses.

OL

LT - Bell, 1 yr experience

LG - Levitre, rookie

C - Hangartner, 5 yr exp

RG - Wood, rookie

RT - Scott, 3 yr exp / Chambers, 5 yr exp

Ave exp = 2 yr

DL

LDE - Kelsay, 7 yr exp / Maybin, rookie

LDT - Stroud, 9 yr exp / Johnson, 6 yr exp

RDT - Williams, 4 yr exp

RDE - Schobel, 9 yr exp / Denny, 8 yr exp

Ave exp = 5.9 yr

LB

OLB - Ellison, 4 yr exp

MLB - Buggs, 2 yr exp (really a rookie as he was on PS last year)

OLB - Mitchell, 7 yr exp

Ave exp = 3.6 yr

DB

C - McGee, 7 yr exp

C - Florence, 7 yr exp

S - Byrd, rookie

S - Scott, 7 yr exp / Wilson, 4 yr exp

Ave exp = 4.9 yr exp

We are very young at OL and with very little depth. (I wonder how much weight the DL lost yesterday.)

Granted, I'm not happy with DJ. However, if I'm DJ pleading my case to RW to keep my job I would be showing this.

You know what those guys have in common with every other player in the NFL?

There NFL players.....No excuse IMO

4 years and that's his roster? Sorry Dick, take a hike.

How come this happens every year...we think we are young, or we are working a new system, or we just need a a few guys back from injury, we need to give the lineman time to gel, we have a new QB (give him another year)....it's the annual Buffalo Bills excuse train.

How come this happens every year...we think we are young, or we are working a new system, or we just need a a few guys back from injury, we need to give the lineman time to gel, we have a new QB (give him another year)....it's the annual Buffalo Bills excuse train.
your right, why don't we start every season saying we are gonna suck, then work from there. Like were gonna suck less this year than last. Or our level of suckeness is improving