Coaching Candidates.

Ok Since its pretty much decide that DJ isnt going to be here much longer, heres a list of coaches i feel could be good for this team. (Limited research mind you)

Dean Pees Defensive Cordinador Patriots*

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=...o&bio=28099

Clyde Christiensen Asst Head Coach/WR Coach Indianapolis Colts

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=coachbio&coach_id=20

John Mitchell. Asst Head Coach/ Defensive Line Pittsburgh Steelers

http://news.steelers.com/team/coach/49264/

Pete Carmichael Jr. Offensive Cordinator New orleans Saints

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Team/Coach...chael%20Jr.aspx

The main criteria i used when searching for the coaches was succesful team over long period of time and strong in that coaches specific area.

Thoughts?

errrr what? I think the fans would rather promote the AVP than take a flyer on one of these guys....quit showing how much you know about assistant coaches and start barking out that we need Holmgren here!!! Come on man, we want to being sexy back to the Ralph - besides, these names don't sell tickets...and that's all we're about here - "Just sell baby!"

errrr what? I think the fans would rather promote the AVP than take a flyer on one of these guys....quit showing how much you know about assistant coaches and start barking out that we need Holmgren here!!! Come on man, we want to being sexy back to the Ralph - besides, these names don't sell tickets...and that's all we're about here - "Just sell baby!"

O right my bad

Unfortunately, these are the types of candidates who will be in he running for the job when Ralphie completes the Lorena Bobbitt job on the Bills.

Some no-name who comes in and wow's Ralph in an interview by not asking for any decision making authority and not minding not having any authority what-so-ever and not demanding that Ralph spend any money on players. Basically somebody happy to make HC money for a few years before getting run out of town.

Unfortunately, these are the types of candidates who will be in he running for the job when Ralphie completes the Lorena Bobbitt job on the Bills.

Some no-name who comes in and wow's Ralph in an interview by not asking for any decision making authority and not minding not having any authority what-so-ever and not demanding that Ralph spend any money on players. Basically somebody happy to make HC money for a few years before getting run out of town.

Who was Mike Tomlin before he got hired?

HHHmmmm....cheap and it might sell some tickets....not bad.

Yep. I was trying to think of the best cheap candidate, and Grimm came to mind. At least he wouldn't tolerate his team playing like a bunch of heartless sissies. Plus, he was a great O-lineman in his day and has been a very successful assistant on two teams that have gone to Super Bowls (Pittsburgh, Arizona). Perfect low-cost guy to whip the Bills into shape.

Hand picked successor to Cower I believe...

Doesn't the term "handpicked" imply that the Steelers planned to hire Tomlin well beforehand? I recall Whisenhunt and Grimm, the in-house guys, being the leading candidates to succeed Cowher, but Tomlin -- who was on the Vikings staff then -- wowed the Rooneys in his interview and got the job.

Yep. I was trying to think of the best cheap candidate, and Grimm came to mind. At least he wouldn't tolerate his team playing like a bunch of heartless sissies. Plus, he was a great O-lineman in his day and has been a very successful assistant on two teams that have gone to Super Bowls (Pittsburgh, Arizona). Perfect low-cost guy to whip the Bills into shape.

I usually hire him in madden :devil: . But yeah Grimm is respected around the league and won't command too much money. A lot of Steelers fans credit him with helping Cower to the Super Bowl (Some Steelers fans thought Cower was holding them back) and helping out Tomlin with his first few seasons.

I think he would be the way to go if we were going to go with a Coordinator instead of a proven coach/retread. Grimm is the opposite of Jauron he makes his team care and takes risks. Simply put he plays to win the game. Yet he is still smart. The Steelers offense plays aggressive but smart and more importantly to their strengths things the Bills haven't done in a while.

No he was the minority candidate as a Defensive cordinator for the vikings and he wowed the ownership. The job was supposed to go to Russ Grimm...

Apologies - you are right. I got him confused with the HC in Indy these days....I guess I have mor ein Common with Ralph than I thought!

Who was Mike Tomlin before he got hired?

For all the Mike Tomlin's, there are 10 Mike Mularkeys, Greg Williams, etc. I personally would prefer a Head Coach with a history of success as a head coach rather than a coordinator or a former HC with a career history as a loser.

I just want someone to come in here and bring a winning additude and I think that is more likely to come from someone that immediately has credibility.

I know its wishful thinking, but what about hiring Shanahan to run the team (like Miami did with Parcells) and let him hire is son to be HC ?