Patriots are not Cheaters

judman

The fake punt was also "questionable" but I'm talking about the late hit on Flacco. The one were he got rid of the ball. The defender took 2 more steps and launched into him. This was the play where their offensive lineman was hurt in the tumble and carted off the field. Even Trent Dilfer referenced this play on ESPN as being a double standard regarding Tom Brady and other QBs. All in the same game.

I'm also talking about Brady being in the grasp, between the tackles and he throws the ball into an open area on the field with LITTERALLY no WR in a 10 - 15 radius of where the ball landed...no call. Fake punt ruling was weak but those are really the issues I'm talking about. Ravens get called for roughing the passer and intentional grounding and the Pats, as usual, get a pass!!!

I was remaining civil but PLEASE!!!!!! From my TV vantage point I didn't see any blatantly wrong calls in the game beyond the norm. Come on fan boy. The national media is finally speaking out on it now and still you saw no blatantly wrong calls? I didn't even want to discuss the bad calls made ON the Ravens but I'll mention it now. A guys gets pushed to the ground, brushes the outside leg of Tom Brady who is unfazed and unmoved and it's roughing the passer? Haloti Ngata breaths on Tommy Boys helmet as he passes bye Tommy again unfazed and unmoved and another roughing the passer?

FOR SHAME SIR!!!

OK, so let me get this straight.

Since you say "the Pats, as usual, get a pass!!!" you are telling me that the different officiating crews that work the Pats games have knowingly conspired to provide the Patriots with beneficial calls that favor them over the competition! Wow!

I really don't know what to say to you if you believe this to be so.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IT pisses me off that no one in the national media ever calls the Pats* or the league on this. The Pats* are a fraudulent dynasty and history already has shown it. I hope that more comes out on Belicheat and who he really is.

I'm sure the reason no one does it is for fear they'd be committed to an asylum. :blink:

Since you say "the Pats, as usual, get a pass!!!" you are telling me that the different officiating crews that work the Pats games have knowingly conspired to provide the Patriots with beneficial calls that favor them over the competition! Wow!

Before you get too far down that "I'm shocked" path" that's actually happened in modern times in at least one other major league--look no further than the Serie A Italian soccer scandal a few years ago, when that's exactly what happened.....

Man. I don't know how many times I have to say I don't believe there is a conspiracy until it gets through to you. You aren't going to get away with trying to shift the point of my argument.

DO YOU SIR BELIEVE THAT THE PATS ARE A TEAM GREATLY BENEFITED, IF NOT THE TEAM MOST BENEFITED, BY QUESTIONABLE CALLS?!?!?!?!?

Again I also ask you to answer in response as to whether the Pats got a pass on either or both the no call on roughing the passer on Flacco or Brady's intentional grounding while between the tackles hitting a spot on the field that had no WR within a 10 - 15 yard radius of the balls impact spot?

I pretty much shouldn't be wasting my time talking to a Pats Fanboy because they are even worse at being objective than Bills fans.

Man. I don't know how many times I have to say I don't believe there is a conspiracy until it gets through to you. You aren't going to get away with trying to shift the point of my argument.

DO YOU SIR BELIEVE THAT THE PATS ARE A TEAM GREATLY BENEFITED, IF NOT THE TEAM MOST BENEFITED, BY QUESTIONABLE CALLS?!?!?!?!?

Again I also ask you to answer in response as to whether the Pats got a pass on either or both the no call on roughing the passer on Flacco or Brady's intentional grounding while between the tackles hitting a spot on the field that had no WR within a 10 - 15 yard radius of the balls impact spot?

I pretty much shouldn't be wasting my time talking to a Pats Fanboy because they are even worse at being objective than Bills fans.

Maybe you don't know what conspiracy means?

What you are suggesting with your "the Pats, as usual, get a pass!!!" claim is that multiple officiating crews have agreed to not only plot a plan that benefits the Patriots but they have done so secretly so that no one (but you apparently) has it figured out. :blink:

If I am wrong then please tell me otherwise.

Maybe you don't know what conspiracy means?

What you are suggesting with your "the Pats, as usual, get a pass!!!" claim is that multiple officiating crews have agreed to not only plot a plan that benefits the Patriots but they have done so secretly so that no one (but you apparently) has it figured out. :blink:

If I am wrong then please tell me otherwise.

It's been fun shooting down your argument but no additional time will be spent dealing with you Pats Fanboy Troll!!! Now I have to figure out how to block a user.

To get back to the topic of this thread ... the Patriots are indeed cheaters, that has been proven and documented ... twice actually. With a wrist slap punishment the first time, then nothing the second time a week or so later.

Do I think that was part of some kind of conspiracy? No. Just Goodell being a kitty and not wanting to punish the chosen ones in any kind of meaningful way.

Do I think there is some big conspiracy helping the Patsies? No again. But is it possible (albeit VERY unlikely) ... sure. Just look at the soccer reference mentioned above. Although I believe the soccer one was done to make money gambling. Hard to believe in this case. I mean if you were going to cheat and help a team with the idea being to win money betting on them, would you pick a team like the Patsies who are a good team to begin with or say, the Bills who suck? :blink:

To get back to the topic of this thread ... the Patriots are indeed cheaters, that has been proven and documented ... twice actually. With a wrist slap punishment the first time, then nothing the second time a week or so later.

Do I think that was part of some kind of conspiracy? No. Just Goodell being a kitty and not wanting to punish the chosen ones in any kind of meaningful way.

Do I think there is some big conspiracy helping the Patsies? No again. But is it possible (albeit VERY unlikely) ... sure. Just look at the soccer reference mentioned above. Although I believe the soccer one was done to make money gambling. Hard to believe in this case. I mean if you were going to cheat and help a team with the idea being to win money betting on them, would you pick a team like the Patsies who are a good team to begin with or say, the Bills who suck? :blink:

Doesn't matter the motivation behind the cheating--money is money and that's what would cause it. That money could come from gamblers, that money could come from a League or network that wanted a particular team to go far in the playoffs for ratings reasons or that money could come from an owner who want to win at all costs and is willing to cheat to do so (not that that's what I'm saying is happening here, but that it is a potential situation in which an owner could cheat). The common denominator is money, plain and simple. And that soccer scandal in Italy involved multiple teams and multiple refs, BTW.

Funny how Pats* fanboy troll just doesn't even address arguments that go against his point of view (to wit, the Carr/Harbaugh penalties and this).....

It's been fun shooting down your argument but no additional time will be spent dealing with you Pats Fanboy Troll!!! Now I have to figure out how to block a user.

All you have given is your opinion. And not one based on much logic I might add.

Funny how Pats* fanboy troll just doesn't even address arguments that go against his point of view (to wit, the Carr/Harbaugh penalties and this).....

If you are speaking of me, I responded in post #50 of this thread and which I have quoted below.

I wasn't there to gauge the seriousness of what Harbaugh said to the ref but if you heard the exchange in question then I draw back my point.

As for the PI call on Carr ..... I think it could have gone either way and been the correct call.

If you are speaking of me, I responded in post #50 of this thread and which I have quoted below.

Have you EVER seen a coach flagged like that? The announcers hadn't. I can't think of too much he could have said to them that they haven't heard in other games where flags don't seem to fly, but then again, those other games didn't involve the Pats* needing some momentum either.....

I'm sure the reason no one does it is for fear they'd be committed to an asylum. :wallbash:

It also pisses me off that when former players call him out on his abusive injury practices and no one in the media says :blink: about it. Its not a conspiracy theory if he was caught red handed doing it.

What the pundits, and apparently other crybabies, don't get is the calls are being administered according to the rules of the game.

Yeah, the tuck rule may suck but it's a rule. Yeah, the rule prohibiting hitting a QB below the waist may be a losy rule but it's a current rule. And yes it may suck that a player gets called for 15 for placing his hand upon a QB's helmet but it's a rule.

if you want to complain about bad rules that's one thing but to insinuate that the Pats are cheating because of the proper enforcement of rules that's being a crybaby.

You are right only in so far as that those things are all rules. However, if you were to take a neutral look at the Tuck Rule play, which is perhaps the third worst officiating blunder of the last fifteen years in any sport, that play did not meet the standards of the rule as stated in the rule book. As for the other two rules, those are inventions that were made by the league BECAUSE of Tom Brady. The fact is the officials and the NFL go out of their way to help the Patsies, and the fact is, they don't need it. If they are as great as everyone thinks they are, why do they need extra help from the referees?

One further point, the blatant misspots of the football in critical situations, many of which are well documented, including the HORRIBLE one in the Monday Night Game that gave NE a first down on their first TD drive, that should have been a fourth and two. That is not in the rules, and it should not happen. Ed Reed is right in what he said in his comments. The game has progressed way too far for there to be those kinds of spotting issues. The fact is, the Patriots, for whatever reason, are the chosen team of the NFL, and for whatever reason, they seem to get more calls in their favor, particularly in critical situations, than any other team.

And one more example, back in 1997-98, please find me a rule that allows a referee to say "just give it to them" when a receiver makes a catch with both feet clearly out of bounds giving the team a first down and then they go on to win the game. That happened on a Sunday Night Game, when the Bills lost to the Patriots. That was on the final, game winning drive by the then Drew Bledsoe led NE Patriots. It goes back that far. There's no rule in the books to justify that call, unless I'm not aware of the just give it to 'em rule.