Patriots are not Cheaters

judman

The Patriots are well-established cheaters. That much is undeniable except by those who are Pats homers or have no clue (see this thread for proof). How much more outside of the illegal videotaping and HGH usage does any sane/reasonable person need?

As for the refs, if you were to take a poll, the vast majority of NFL fans, if not coaches and players, would say the Patriots get favored, whether in things that are called for them, or not called against them. But I'm sure that's sour grapes, just like the videotaping and HGH. :flirt:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying, these conspiracy theories are just pathetic, yes it was a ticky tack call, but it was deserved, if you watched the game you would know Suggs had absolutely no need to go to the ground he flat out dove at Brady's knee. Lol bribing the refs? Really?

I watched the game... thanks. So a pro bowl athlete at the peak of physical condition dove at knee but almost whiffed on it completely? Sounds about as valid as Willfork doesn't know how to brace himself when he "falls" at the knees of an opposing quarterback? If Suggs had wanted to "dive" at Brady's knee I think he probably would have "hit" his intended target.

I never said a thing about bribing refs, so go ahead and shoot that gun in another direction mmmkay?

I watched the game... thanks. So a pro bowl athlete at the peak of physical condition dove at knee but almost whiffed on it completely? Sounds about as valid as Willfork doesn't know how to brace himself when he "falls" at the knees of an opposing quarterback? If Suggs had wanted to "dive" at Brady's knee I think he probably would have "hit" his intended target.

I never said a thing about bribing refs, so go ahead and shoot that gun in another direction mmmkay?

Well here is the video of the play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnmGSMccDuU

So Suggs was pushed in the back, lost his balance and didn't dive at his knees and the penalty is the Brady rule? Then Brady instructing the ref to make the call?

Well, we certainly have some curious and interesting rationale being spewed forth don't we?

I'm thinking the reason why so many Bills fans are obsessed with denouncing the Patriots is simply because they hate them so much. Maybe with a little (lot of?) jealousy tossed in for good measure? I've been to Jets and Dolphin boards and they talk a little bit here and there about conspiracies, Pats favoritism and cheating and what not but not anything like the stuff in here. Then again, those other divisional teams have actually beaten the Pats this decade so might not have as much detest for them as do Bills fans.

Then again, those other divisional teams have actually beaten the Pats this decade so might not have as much detest for them as do Bills fans.

There is some truth to that to be sure. It also hurts twice as much to lose continually to a team known and proven to cheat.

I don't personally buy into the conspiracy theories, but I do detest Tom Terrific and the Pats organization as a whole.

Well, we certainly have some curious and interesting rationale being spewed forth don't we?

I'm thinking the reason why so many Bills fans are obsessed with denouncing the Patriots is simply because they hate them so much. Maybe with a little (lot of?) jealousy tossed in for good measure? I've been to Jets and Dolphin boards and they talk a little bit here and there about conspiracies, Pats favoritism and cheating and what not but not anything like the stuff in here. Then again, those other divisional teams have actually beaten the Pats this decade so might not have as much detest for them as do Bills fans.

Ahhh, the old jealousy argument, used when all else fails. Nope, sir, not having any of it. I personally like other "dynasties", like the Steelers (old and new ones) and the old Raiders and the current Colts, for example. I like some teams that happen to be good (but unlike many Pats* "fans" that's often not the only reason that I like them). I enjoy good, tough football played by good teams coached by good coaches (which has made being a Bills fan tough this last decade!). If I don't like the Pats* because I'm jealous of them, why then would I like the Steelers or Colts?

I don't like teams that cheat or coaches that try to skirt the rules and push the envelope as far as they can in every area that they can, and that's largely been the MO of Belicheat in New England*. I also don't like teams that seem to get the League's favor or that are owned by those owners that are trying to destroy the League's competitive balance (ie., Jones and Snyder as well as Kraft), although I've always hated the 'Pokes and their oh, so wholesome "America's Team" garbage image. On the officiating stuff, you'll see that I've long been a critic of New England* in that regard, but that's just based on watching the same thing happen year after year. Notice how almost every time there's a controversial bunch of game deciding calls it's one team that's involved and those calls always seem to go in that team's direction? Too many data points to ignore. I just believe what my eyes tell me. As I've said before, I don't know the cause of it, but I do know it when I see it.....

Good for Harbaugh--he's complaining officially to the League about this:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33184004/ns/sports-nfl/

Interesting choice of a biased headline, to wit the use of the term "grumble". "Complains" would have sufficed. Tough to trust the mainstream media these days when conflicts of interest abound (like multi-billion dollar TV deals)......

From the article: Brady, however, said, "Are you kidding me? We're holding the ball, we're unprotected, just sitting there defenseless, so they've got to stay away from me. They deserve to get flagged."

Does that not make him sound like a little girl? I don't think a QB should be allowed to be tee'd off on, but seriously for him to say "they've got to stay away from me."

Ahhh, the old jealousy argument, used when all else fails. Nope, sir, not having any of it. I personally like other "dynasties", like the Steelers (old and new ones) and the old Raiders and the current Colts, for example. I like some teams that happen to be good (but unlike many Pats* "fans" that's often not the only reason that I like them). I enjoy good, tough football played by good teams coached by good coaches (which has made being a Bills fan tough this last decade!). If I don't like the Pats* because I'm jealous of them, why then would I like the Steelers or Colts?

I don't like teams that cheat or coaches that try to skirt the rules and push the envelope as far as they can in every area that they can, and that's largely been the MO of Belicheat in New England*. I also don't like teams that seem to get the League's favor or that are owned by those owners that are trying to destroy the League's competitive balance (ie., Jones and Snyder as well as Kraft), although I've always hated the 'Pokes and their oh, so wholesome "America's Team" garbage image. On the officiating stuff, you'll see that I've long been a critic of New England* in that regard, but that's just based on watching the same thing happen year after year. Notice how almost every time there's a controversial bunch of game deciding calls it's one team that's involved and those calls always seem to go in that team's direction? Too many data points to ignore. I just believe what my eyes tell me. As I've said before, I don't know the cause of it, but I do know it when I see it.....

The "steroid" Steelers and Raiders dynasties. Now there are two NFL organizations to truly appreciate because of their lawful ways. :flirt:

From the article: Brady, however, said, "Are you kidding me? We're holding the ball, we're unprotected, just sitting there defenseless, so they've got to stay away from me. They deserve to get flagged."

Does that not make him sound like a little girl? I don't think a QB should be allowed to be tee'd off on, but seriously for him to say "they've got to stay away from me."

I think he's simply stating the obvious ...... if you hit me below the waist then be prepared to have a flag thrown your way.

Just saying, these conspiracy theories are just pathetic, yes it was a ticky tack call, but it was deserved, if you watched the game you would know Suggs had absolutely no need to go to the ground he flat out dove at Brady's knee. Lol bribing the refs? Really?

To use the word conspiracy is to dismiss the entire notion that the Pats* get favorable treatment. In the 70's and 80's Shula's Dolphins got clearly favorable treatment from the refs and opposing players would openly state that Marino was protected more than any other QB. So we have seen this thing before in the NFL. In the case of NE* the officials fear making a bad call against Belicheat* and Kraft much more than against say Jauron and Wilson. They fear Brady getting injured a lot more than Losman or Edwards. Officials are human and not robots and they think a lot more about which team they are calling a penalty against or spotting the ball, etc. than some might think. But whatever the explanation NE* clearly benefits much more from the calls of officials than most other teams and in games against teams like Buffalo it can be particularly pronounced, year after year. One bad call against NE* here and there does not mitigate the basic facts that are plain to see for any objective viewer.

I would hate to have to defend NE* and the refs on this because instead of looking like a crybaby the way we are characterized by some NE* fans, the NE* fans look like people who can't even objectively acknowledge what is happening on the field, but look for silly loopholes to the clear truth.

Brady's quote is lame. It sounds as if, in order to carry the football, you need to lay down your weapons and your powers are compromised. His linemen should be offended, don't they 'defend' him? QBs are not defenseless. What a sissy!