• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How CB depth chart shakes out

Chris Brown

Posted October 1st, 2009

Tags: Ashton Youboty, Drayton Florence, Ellis Lankster, Leodis McKelvin, Reggie Corner, Terrence McGee

With Leodis McKelvin now on injured reserve and lost for the season, here’s how the Bills depth chart shakes out at cornerback.

Terrence McGee and Drayton Florence are the starters. Reggie Corner is the first nickel and the backup to Florence on the right side.

Ashton Youboty is McGee’s backup on the left side. He’s also Corner’s backup at nickel.

Ellis Lankster is now the team’s fifth corner.

This is freaking silly! I know he has a fractured bone in his leg or whatever but he should be ready to go in 7 or 8 weeks, right? I thought it was stupid when the put Poz on IR his rookie year, when he could have played with like 7 weeks left in the season. This is a major bummer...

And, like umm, and, like umm, and, like umm, there's always Ellis Lankster to bring up from the PS as well.

Lankster's on the 53, just hasn't been active. That looks to change. I liked what I saw of him returning kicks in the preseason. I don't like Roscoe as a KR at all though the way ST's have been going it doesn't matter since we're penalized on almost every punt and kickoff.

This is freaking silly! I know he has a fractured bone in his leg or whatever but he should be ready to go in 7 or 8 weeks, right? I thought it was stupid when the put Poz on IR his rookie year, when he could have played with like 7 weeks left in the season. This is a major bummer...

You're an orthopedic surgeon with direct knowledge of the situation? :thumbsup:

Lankster's on the 53, just hasn't been active. That looks to change. I liked what I saw of him returning kicks in the preseason. I don't like Roscoe as a KR at all though the way ST's have been going it doesn't matter since we're penalized on almost every punt and kickoff.

Ahh, good catch on Lankster. And yes, we need to get Roscoe off the KO return squad. I'm afraid for his life.

I don't think it's a big loss. I was really disappointed with his play, regardless of the fumble.

I agree. McKelvin looked good in the pre-season, but not so good in the regular season. Florence looked much better than McKelvin did. I just wish they would put McGee back to kick returns.

sucks. he did nice work against moss on MNF and also in run support against pats and bucs.

the broadcasters said that McGee shadowed Moss all game. Not that they're that reliable.

the thing with McKelvin is that this is a lost year of development. By next year he could have been lock down corner. Now that's another year off.

You're an orthopedic surgeon with direct knowledge of the situation? :thumbsup:

No, I'm not an orthopedic surgeon and no, I haven't seen his xrays or know the extent of the fracture but I know from my own experience that a fractured fibula typically takes 6 weeks or so for recovery. :lol:

No, I'm not an orthopedic surgeon and no, I haven't seen his xrays or know the extent of the fracture but I know from my own experience that a fractured fibula typically takes 6 weeks or so for recovery. :thumbsup:

well even assuming its an 8 week injury, that means you're playing half the season a man short. Also just cause he's healthy enough to play at that point doesn't mean he'd be as effective as he normally is.