bills testing out safetys?

K-Gun10

Safety possibilities

Chris Brown

Posted October 1st, 2009

Tags: Stuart Schweigert, Todd Johnson, Vernon Fox

According to the National Football Post, the Bills worked out three safeties this week.

Former Raiders safety Stuart Schweigert, former Bears and Rams safety Todd Johnson and former Broncos safety Vernon Fox were all at One Bills Drive this week according to NFP.

Schweigert has the most playing experience with 42 career starts. Johnson is a seven-year vet who is familiar with the defensive scheme having played in Chicago and St. Louis where similar systems are run. And Fox is another seven-year vet who started three games last year for Denver.

It looks like an experienced player is what the Bills would be interested in should another safety go down to injury. I don’t anticipate anyone being signed this week.

God, I hope there's a steady parade of safeties coming through the door. I'm not comfortable when it's a rookie and converted WR starting back there. I'll leave Wendling for another discussion. Same with Harris, although I think he's a playmaker just not suited for NFL safety.

GO BILLS!!!

Safety possibilities

Chris Brown

Posted October 1st, 2009

Tags: Stuart Schweigert, Todd Johnson, Vernon Fox

According to the National Football Post, the Bills worked out three safeties this week.

Former Raiders safety Stuart Schweigert, former Bears and Rams safety Todd Johnson and former Broncos safety Vernon Fox were all at One Bills Drive this week according to NFP.

Schweigert has the most playing experience with 42 career starts. Johnson is a seven-year vet who is familiar with the defensive scheme having played in Chicago and St. Louis where similar systems are run. And Fox is another seven-year vet who started three games last year for Denver.

It looks like an experienced player is what the Bills would be interested in should another safety go down to injury. I don’t anticipate anyone being signed this week.

I like that Schweigert guy, hard hitter but can cover for ****.

God, I hope there's a steady parade of safeties coming through the door. I'm not comfortable when it's a rookie and converted WR starting back there. I'll leave Wendling for another discussion. Same with Harris, although I think he's a playmaker just not suited for NFL safety.

GO BILLS!!!

George Wilson is a good backup safety. He converted like 3 years ago and even then, he played pretty well.

Three weeks in and we're resorting to street FA's already? Those first two names, Schweigert and Todd Johnson were cut from two of the worst teams in the NFL.

This season is eerily reminiscent of what occurred in 2007 when a whole bunch of guys no longer in the NFL (Leon Joe, anyone?) had to play when injuries inevitably started.

Three weeks in and we're resorting to street FA's already? Those first two names, Schweigert and Todd Johnson were cut from two of the worst teams in the NFL.

This season is eerily reminiscent of what occurred in 2007 when a whole bunch of guys no longer in the NFL (Leon Joe, anyone?) had to play when injuries inevitably started.

Why are you always worst case scenario? These are guys, if they even sign them, who are a weekly fill ins.