Who will succeed Jauron?

cmjoyce113

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, with every new day that goes by with Jauron still our HC, how come so many people still think Ralph Wilson cares? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm seriously confused as to how there might still be ONE person in Buffalo who doesn't see that Wilson is just cashing in.

I just hope that IF Ralph is pressured (by WHAT exactly, still a mystery) to fire Jauron, and he does do his usual thing of starting cheap and staying cheap, that he picks Alex Van Pelt. It's the only cheap choice that I actually don't hate at all.

Ralph is gonna want someone whose profile isn't too high. I'm guessing Fox (if he is let go in Carolina), Mariucci, and maybe Dungy, if he wants back in. Jack Del Rio is also a possibility if he is done in JAX.

The wildcards in my opinion are Jon Gruden, possibly Martz and maybe even Cowher. We shall see...

I think Gruden and this franchise would not be a good fit.

Ralph is gonna want someone whose profile isn't too high. I'm guessing Fox (if he is let go in Carolina), Mariucci, and maybe Dungy, if he wants back in. Jack Del Rio is also a possibility if he is done in JAX.

The wildcards in my opinion are Jon Gruden, possibly Martz and maybe even Cowher. We shall see...

I think Gruden and this franchise would not be a good fit.

cowher wont come here, wrong part of country and ralph wont pay him. dungy doesnt want something that looks too much like rebuilding. forget fox, mariucci and del rio ... not impressed. i really think shanahan though, could be a good fit for our personel now that we have a smallish run-blocking / zone-blocking oline, good RBs and quick smallish defense. im ok with gruden too

Gruden is My 1st choice...I just like the Guy...Always have...

I'm also for Shanahan in Buffalo...His Teams always Ran the Ball SO well I think He's a good fit...I just think You have to build a dominate Running Game when You Play in WNY...If You want to Win that is...

Not sure what Shanny or Gruden would do about the Defense though...I would prefer to see a 3-4 again with Maybin at OLB...

We'll see soon enough I guess... :rolleyes:

Gruden is My 1st choice...I just like the Guy...Always have...

I'm also for Shanahan in Buffalo...His Teams always Ran the Ball SO well I think He's a good fit...I just think You have to build a dominate Running Game when You Play in WNY...If You want to Win that is...

Not sure what Shanny or Gruden would do about the Defense though...I would prefer to see a 3-4 again with Maybin at OLB...

We'll see soon enough I guess... :rolleyes:

i like that but would mean getting a nose tackle too. shroud or williams arent legit NTs in a 3-4.

Everyone keeps naming the big guys. It's not gonna happen. Also I don't think Ralph will promote from within, he doesnt seem to like to do that.

Who are the up and coming coordinators that could take this job? It would be interesting to see uf this job opens up if anyone turns it down... I think a few would.

Anybody know how much DJ makes. Best estimate I could find was $1.5 mil prior to extension. For comparison, Bobby Bowden makes 2.5 and Frank Beamer makes 2.1. I'm guessing none of the names mentioned except for April will come to buffalo for 1.5 or thereabouts.

Anybody know how much DJ makes. Best estimate I could find was $1.5 mil prior to extension. For comparison, Bobby Bowden makes 2.5 and Frank Beamer makes 2.1. I'm guessing none of the names mentioned except for April will come to buffalo for 1.5 or thereabouts.

$3M/year

Everyone is so fast to assume Jauron is getting fired after this year...fine I will play along and honestly could care less either way at this point. If he stays we suck. If he goes we tread water as a crappy team for 3 more years and repeat.

Everyone loves to throw out Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan, Marty, Holmgren. These are all great names but none would ever come to Buffalo even if Ralph were to pay them.

So now that I've said that piece, who do you think should be the next coach of the Bills that would actually come to Buffalo? I am not so sure we can find many takers on this job.

Interested in hearing your thoughts though.

it wont be any of the big names and anyone that thinks it will hasnt been paying attention and needs a reality check

why does everyone assume a new head coach means another 3 years of losing...although that will probably happen because its Ralph and he wont hire the right guy its not 100%...Marty is my first choice and would have this team playing better football next year, not saying playoffs but they would be a much better team with as head coach

as much as I would like it to be Marty it will most likely be another retread like Dom Capers or another teams assistant coach that is more interested in just being a head coach then cashing in

this team needs a successful head coach and co-ordinators, when was the last time this team hired a co-ordinator that actually had success at the job before and wasnt a first time co-ordinator

if Ralph fires Jauron and thats a big if he will still have to pay him the remaining two years of his deal on top of what he will have to pay the next head coach which means the next head coach isnt going to be making much

problem is cheapo ralph wont pay up for a coach. thats why we get all these 1st timer like williams and mularkey, or complete cast off losers like jauron. we do OK with personnel all things considered then we blow it for a few mill a year skimping on a loser coach

Quality coaches command quality money. Chuck Know left Buffalo because RW wouldn't pay the money to the players Knox wanted. So we got Kay Stevens and Hank Boulcock. Levy was a losing coach when he came here and we lucked out big time with Marv. Around the same time RW promo'd Bill Pollien who just happened to be hanging around the organization (at least that's how it seemed) Again Pollien was a huge factor in the Bill's success and he convinced RW to start paying for players.

Since Levy retired RW has either promo'd from within or brought in assistants on the cheap, leaving bigger names (salaries) to other teams.

The Bills current organization is not setup to challange RW like Pollien did. Will RW pay the 5 mill a year neccesary to bring in a top coach and allow him to make the personnel changes this team sorly needs?