Best QB College's

I know coming from a great college doesnt make you an instant star in the NFL but what would you say some schools are that are known for producing quality NFL QB's?

Once upon a time Alabama (Bart Starr, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler . . .) but not lately.

Then there was Brigham Young. And Purdue.

I think you can look through history and find which schools have QB's go on to have success in the NFL (some mentioned already). But if you're looking for schools that would do so today, I really don't think there are any. I think USC would be the first to come to mind with Palmer, Leinart and Cassel, but really Leinart hasn't done that well and Cassel has yet to prove himself. But having 3 players with some level of success (I would consider a top backup as "some" success) in the NFL at one time is pretty good. I think their rep as a top QB college will be decided over the next 3 years, one way or another (especially if Barkley progesses as everyone thinks he will and is a top pick 3 or 4 years from now).

Outside of USC, I can't think of any.

Notre Dame has done alright for itself. Montana, Theisman, are hof'ers lots of 1st round busts though such as Brady Quinn and Rick Mirer.

'Bama used to be great for QB's

Today I think you have to say USC, of their last 4 starting QB's 4 were top 10 draft picks, 1 (John David Booty) is a back up in Minnesota, and one of their BACK UPS who didn't even play in his time there led the Pats to an 11-5 record last year. Barkley looks like he's a slam dunk 1st rounder in a few years.

Right now USC.

They have 4 QBs in the NFL - Palmer, Leinhart, Cassel, Sanchez

All 4 have starting experience.

One is a Pro Bowler (Palmer)

Sanchez is on pace for OROTY

4 teams have 3 QBs in the NFL. 2 of the 3 QBs from each school has some starting experience:

Boston College: Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Ryan, and Brian St Pierre

Michigan: Tom Brady, Todd Collins, Chadd Henne (Henne will eventually start)

Oregon: AJ Feeley, Kellen Clemens, and Dennis Dixon

Fresno State (Yes Fresno St): David Carr, Billy Volek, and Tom Brandstater

Tennessee, Oregon St, Cal, West Virginia, Alabama, Michigan St, Marshall, Utah, Texas, Iowa St, and Purdue each have 2 QBs active in the NFL.

check out Gil Brandt's article on best 2010 QB prospects. This guy is the best in terms of talent evaluations

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

LeFevour and Hiller are my two fav's on that list. Jarrett Brown could be Donovan McNabb-esque in the right system with a year or two to learn.

Tebow I'm not too sure about, the guy can win in college and is a tremendous athlete, but I don't see his game translating well to the NFL.

LeFevour and Hiller are my two fav's on that list. Jarrett Brown could be Donovan McNabb-esque in the right system with a year or two to learn.

Tebow I'm not too sure about, the guy can win in college and is a tremendous athlete, but I don't see his game translating well to the NFL.

what do people B word about Edwards because of? and i quote:

"Dan's strengths are his intelligence, his poise in the pocket, his accuracy on short passes, and his running ability. But, in the NFL, LeFevour's running ability isn't going to get him very far. It will help in avoiding sacks, but an NFL team is not going to go with a draw call with Dan.

Dan's ability to throw the long ball would be a question and his ability to take the snap from under center would also be an issue. I am sure those are things he can work on during the year, but again if Harrell's amazing throwing ability didn't cut it, why would LeFevour's?

"

http://sunsportsblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/...n-lefevour.html

Fresno State (Yes Fresno St): David Carr, Billy Volek, and Tom Brandstater

I watched the Fresno St. - Cincinnati game this past Saturday. It was a great coaching battle - FS couldn't allow Cin on the field with their kinda weak defense (Cin had something like 16 minutes of possession and scored 4 times), and Cin took the body blows from FS's fine rush attack and played near-prevent pass defense all game long.

Hard to believe that Fresno St. is 1 and 3. Their RB Ryan Mathews should toss his ring into the NFL draft . His long gain was 11 yards, but he carried 38 times for 145. That kid shows pro moves and savvy.