I really hate Dick Jauron's mentality

Got_Wood

Do you really love Jauron this much? The point of the post is that the coach sets the tone and mentality for the team. Yes, there are different styles and ways to go about it. Jauron has had three years + to set a tone in Buffalo and the results suggest he has not done it well.

Please. Jauron hasn't been the coach this whole decade. I'm so sick of the whiny blame the coach mentality. Jauron is far from a great coach. But he outcoached Belichick and shut down the Saints. The players blew the game.

And why should Jauron give a lot of quotes to the media? So message board and media members can twist them? It is completely worthless and you have no idea what goes on in the locker room. With all the faults of Jauron, you really lose credibility if you say his teams don't play hard.

Dick Jauron:

"Obviously there's going to be some growing pains there and they will just keep getting better, but they're going to struggle," coach Dick Jauron said. "They're going to struggle and they're going to learn every week, but they'll come back and fight you. It wasn't pretty. I was proud of the way they fought through kind of an ugly game but hung in there until the end."

Here's a quote from Rex Ryan in comparison:

"It is a long season," Ryan said. "We're placing a huge importance on the game. Sanchez said it's a 'must game,' I saw. You know what's great, that's how I feel. Every game is a must game. Baseball is a 162-game schedule, that would be a 10-game losing streak if you lost one game in the NFL. So that's how big it really is."

Here's a quote from Mike Singletary after their loss to the Vikings:

“I can’t really remember what my tone was last year. All I know is right now, when I look at the situation we had yesterday, we go on the road, we play a team, we lose, you come back, you’ve got a choice to make, do you dwell on that - ‘Wow, I wish we would have won the game. Man, I wish we would have done this differently. Man, I wish we would have done that differently.’ No. I think you take it. You’re man enough take it. You chew it. You spit it out. You learn from it and you get ready for the next game. You get ready for the next opportunity. I think winners let it go. Winners move forward. I think losers sit there and just wallow in it and talk about it all week. And, it screws you up for the next opportunity going forward. So, I think our focus has to be on the opportunity at hand. I’m very excited about the opportunity that we have this week in the team coming in."

THOSE are the guys I want leading my team. Not some whiny, "they're going to struggle" or "there's going to be some growing pains" BS! We need a guy in here to motivate and discipline our players, and outcoach the opponent. No more excuses.

I am so sick and tired of Mauron. We do not need this total loser patroling our sidelines anymore. If the Bills lose to a Miami team who has a first time starter at QB, his a$$ should get kicked right out of town. No more excuses.

Can someone provide the context to Jauron's quote? I believe he was referring to our OLine and they ARE young and inexperienced. THE MOST INEXPERIENCED OL IN THE LEAGUE, as a matter of fact.

And they flat out got their asses handed to them and they were exposed. The line stunts fooled them everytime. They got creamed up the middle. Totally poor performance across the most important front on your team.

I see nothing wrong with Jauron's comments relative to the OLine.

How many 1st round picks play along the Jets' line?

GO BILLS!!!

Please. Jauron hasn't been the coach this whole decade. I'm so sick of the whiny blame the coach mentality. Jauron is far from a great coach. But he outcoached Belichick and shut down the Saints. The players blew the game.

And why should Jauron give a lot of quotes to the media? So message board and media members can twist them? It is completely worthless and you have no idea what goes on in the locker room. With all the faults of Jauron, you really lose credibility if you say his teams don't play hard.

Its on the coach to make sure the kick returner takes a knee when he is well aware that the opposing team is going to do anything possible to get a fumble! The players (even smart players; see hines ward week 1) will always try to get that extra yard to be the hero. You need not look furthur than Dick to blame for that Pats lost. If Dick out coached the Saints then why was our special teams the only ones to get a TD? When you have Evans, TO, and Jackson and you can't get a mere TD or field goal, then your coaching staff is inept!

I would love to have Mike Singletary as a coach, he was a f****** awesome football player, loved watching him play. I knew he would still have that same level of intensity as a head coach, I'm jealous of the 49ers in that regard.

Samurai Mike walked into a hostile stadium and for 59 minutes and 58 seconds had his team outplaying one of the best defenses assembled this year. Not only that, his team kept AD in check All Day. All this with a journeyman QB (Shaun Hill) at the helm.

His team has a swagger to it and I think they're going to win their division this year.

Our team mirrors its coach. Weak, scared....and the list goes on and on.

I don't know, I'm not defending DJ, but your comparing his comments to a coach who just won his third straight game, and another who lost a close game for his first loss of the year. His offensive line is very young, and inexperienced. They will go through growing pains and struggle, should he scream at them and blow up the line again just because of a bad game?

I see your point but doesn't Jauron suck? Jauron is the king of suck. That giant sucking sound you hear isn't the vacuum cleaner or the sink drain it is Jauron. He is sucking the life out of the players and the fans. His non inspiring press conferences are just a snipit into what is going on. The players like him for all the wrong reasons. He's gotta go.