"It's frustrating, very frustrating"

PDaDdy

Many are trying to make something of TO's emotionless face and how curt he was in a post game interview regarding the Saints' game. The real story is the post game commentary of Lee Evans below. I don't think it takes too much to interpret his comments as being directed at Captain Checkdown while doing it in a mature tactful way.

From CBS sports

"It's frustrating, very frustrating," said Evans. "We just didn't take chances when he had to or needed to or could have. That's the most frustrating part. We had opportunities and we didn't take them. Our defense played great and offensively we had no support for them."

Many are trying to make something of TO's emotionless face and how curt he was in a post game interview regarding the Saints' game. The real story is the post game commentary of Lee Evans below. I don't think it takes too much to interpret his comments as being directed at Captain Checkdown while doing it in a mature tactful way.

From CBS sports

"It's frustrating, very frustrating," said Evans. "We just didn't take chances when he had to or needed to or could have. That's the most frustrating part. We had opportunities and we didn't take them. Our defense played great and offensively we had no support for them."

I want T.O and Lee to come out and blast the living hell outta this conservative approach offensive garbage.

2 very good NFL WR's....use them! I'm tired of watching slow, bumbling Tight End's run 5 yard outs.

81 & 83 have 13 combined receptions in 3 games....EMBARASSING!

I want T.O and Lee to come out and blast the living hell outta this conservative approach offensive garbage.

Yeah, and guess who'll get blamed for that, like he was last year in Dallas? I think it's enough that Lee AND Fred have made their frustration public. And that it's been glossed-over, while TO not saying anything although visibly frustrated is "about to blow." :unsure:

GET TO and Frekin' LEE the ball. It can't be that hard. I could draw up 5 plays on my legal pad and crayon right now to get them the ball in a little space and let them make a play. Criminy Louise.

When the db is 10 yards back from TO, throw him a quick pass out there and let him beat the db. They showed highlights of him doing that last night. JP used to throw this. Didn't work that much but we didn't have TO then. Guess it's no longer in the play book. :unsure:

2 very good NFL WR's....use them! I'm tired of watching slow, bumbling Tight End's run 5 yard outs.

Agreed. I think that is perhaps the strongest emotion I feel, second to frustration of course, is that this is shameful and embarrassing! How are you unable to utilize those two guys. We have 2 1000yd WRs and we have wasted them. Absolutely terrible. Reminds me of that old cartoon will the furry little cave man that flew around...

Captain CHEEEEccccKKKDOOOOOOOOOOWNNNNN!

Guys, the plays are drawn up correctly. The scheme is right. It doesn't matter if we huddle or not. TRENT is not getting them the ball.

When he looks down field everyone looks covered in his mind. It's something instinctual that he lacks. You can't teach it. He just doesn't have that in him.

Great (or even good) QB's anticipate where and when to throw. Unfortunately, he is not one of them.

Unfortunately I might have to make this my signature again in reference to our chances for success this year with Trent after we face the Dolphins. Trent is about as observant as Stevie Wonder reading a 3 - 4 defense. Here we go again.

Guys, the plays are drawn up correctly. The scheme is right. It doesn't matter if we huddle or not. TRENT is not getting them the ball.

When he looks down field everyone looks covered in his mind. It's something instinctual that he lacks. You can't teach it. He just doesn't have that in him.

Great (or even good) QB's anticipate where and when to throw. Unfortunately, he is not one of them.

Ding, ding, ding... give that man a Cupie.

Evans had only 12 catches and 0 TDs after three games last year and we were 3-0.

Then we have to listen to our loser head coach talk about how hard it is to get the football to those guys when the defense is scheming to take TO and Evans away. I HATE to watch our players being coached to dig a hole and crawl into it because football is hard and maybe if we hide from it it will all go away and we'll end up with a 7-9 record against even worse teams. Our coach is a looooooooooooser, and our QB is loser if he in fact is just following orders. Kelly would tell Jauron to take a hike if he told him to always checkdown if the WR is not wide open. TO, Evans, the players, the media and Bills fans all would like to know why TO and Evans aren't getting the ball thrown to them.

Unfortuantely I too believe this is the case. I think Turk and now Alex were/are trying to open things up but TE holds on to the ball too long and then throws it to our 3rd string tight end or RBs behind the LOS. Well sooner or later Fitz will get in and then we'll know for sure. Hopefully Trent can get this turned around.

Unfortuantely I too believe this is the case. I think Turk and now Alex were/are trying to open things up but TE holds on to the ball too long and then throws it to our 3rd string tight end or RBs behind the LOS. Well sooner or later Fitz will get in and then we'll know for sure. Hopefully Trent can get this turned around.

Anyone catch this? '"We just didn't take chances when he had to or needed to or could have. '

This is another facet of the whole issue that I'm really torn on. We are all tired of looking for the next Jim Kelly. We had brief moments of relief when Bledsoe played well for part of a year and Flutie gave us some Flutie magic but other than that it's pretty much been disappointment after disappointment. A big part of me wants Trent to magically grow a set and start playing with some more gun slinger in him.

I know it's not the end all be all that the defenders try to make it. But.....I love RB with speed and I love QBs with big arms! You don't need those things to be successful BUT they allow you to do things that other guys just can't do!!!

A RB with 4.3 or even 4.27 speed like Chris Johnson flat out can just do somethings that a RB with 4.6 CAN'T do.

A QB with a big arm is just going to be able to make certain throws and throw the ball late or fit it into tiny windows that a QB with a less than stellar arm CAN'T.

Look at all of the young guns that are out there in the league that are actually successful:

Phillip Rivers

Eli Manning

Jay Cutler

Joe Flacco

Matt Ryan

Mark Sanchez (Early to tell but the kid looks promising as hell)

Ben Rothlesberger

Aaron Rodgers

I dare you to find someone in there who has an equivalent or weaker arm than Edwards!!!!

Anyone catch this? '"We just didn't take chances when he had to or needed to or could have. '

WOW. Actually I did miss that!!! If that wasn't a typo that is even more damning. If TO had said that you would have every talking head chirping about how he was so selfish and a bad team mate etc. Lee Evans says it and it goes nearly completely ignored by the national media.

Regardless of who said it....it's on the money. Fix it and fix it fast. Unless of course we are tanking the season to let the line develop and draft a real, strong armed QB in the 2010 draft.