Trent Edwards - Where do you stand?

MURTR

Trent Edwards  

247 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of Trent Edwards

• He still is young, let him ride out the year.
    • I wish I could put a gun to his head and make him throw to a WR, bring on the Ryan Fitzpatrick Experience.
    • This seasons over, bring in a real veteran QB in the offseason and force TE to win the job
    • This season is over, draft a QB early and have TE keep things warm for him.
    • I don't care

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards has been sacked ten times already and has trouble converting first downs because of the hundreds of false start penalties in each game. I think he's doing pretty well considering. Some notable QBs with lower yards/completion numbers than Trent:

Tom Brady

Brett Favre

Carson Palmer

If Trent completed that one deep ball to TO for a touchdown, nobody would be questioning his skills. And if the Bills held off the Patriots in week 1, everyone would think the Bills are a contender. Footballs funny like that

Edwards has been sacked ten times already and has trouble converting first downs because of the hundreds of false start penalties in each game. I think he's doing pretty well considering. Some notable QBs with lower yards/completion numbers than Trent:

Tom Brady

Brett Favre

Carson Palmer

If Trent completed that one deep ball to TO for a touchdown, nobody would be questioning his skills. And if the Bills held off the Patriots in week 1, everyone would think the Bills are a contender. Footballs funny like that

A few plays a game is what separates the GOOD from the mediocre.

This game we call football... is all about coaching. 100 % coaching. Put Trent in a Mike Martz offense and he throws for 4000 guaranteed

Sure, if Trent is rigged with a servo and Martz with a remote control device. The guy plays scared. You can't coach that out of someone. You can only miss it when evaluating him before the Draft....

Out of curiosity, what are all these "tools" you say he has and on what grounds do you base that he has them? I only ask, because I see this claim of him having all the tools thrown around here like a cigar at a private Bill Clinton "meeting"

Really? He doesn't have tools to work with? What? Do you think the guy is a no talent hack? One thing is not to like him, other thing is to doubt, at this point, the tools he has to work with.

We saw him in the past making every throw and completing them. It's not a matter of poor mechanics or poor arm strength (granted, he doesn't have a rocket arm)

His problems are in his head right now. He has to figure it out fast if he wants to remain a starter.

It's week 3. Did I just warp to a Washington Redskins site? My god do those Deadskin fans love to bi+ch about everything.

You need to add None of the Above.

You can have great QB's that dink and dunk.

Who currently (loosly defined) is good at his short game.... what his name... His first name Tom*

w/o Wes Welker it's not. :rolleyes:

Same old boring HC, new signal caller with AVP, two starting rookie O Linemen and a rash of injuries.

Throw him to the wolves while you are at it.

Tom Brady

Brett Favre

Carson Palmer

hahaha, the what if game...let me indulge you:

If Josh Reed caught 14 passes for 250 yards last week people would see how good he really is...

If the O Line didnt give up so many sacks, it would be considered one of the best units in football...

If Maybin would have had 2 more sacks last week, no one would question his draft slot anymore...

I mean, do you realize how stupid that statement is above where you say "If Trent completed that ONE deep ball to TO for a touchdown, nobody would be questioning his skills."

First off, he did NOT complete it, why, because he over threw him by about 10 yards on a horrible pass...why, because he doesnt throw a good deep ball consistently...

FYI: Trent DID complete a deep ball the previous week to TO and people are STILL saying the same things...why, because ONE pass does not make you great at something. He is an NFL QB, OF COURSE he can connect on some deep passes...the problem is, he isnt very consistent at it and doesnt even have the moxy to try enough. For every great deep throw he makes, he throws about 3 or 4 bad ones, often including an INT or near INT.

Really? He doesn't have tools to work with? What? Do you think the guy is a no talent hack? One thing is not to like him, other thing is to doubt, at this point, the tools he has to work with.

We saw him in the past making every throw and completing them. It's not a matter of poor mechanics or poor arm strength (granted, he doesn't have a rocket arm)

His problems are in his head right now. He has to figure it out fast if he wants to remain a starter.

I didnt say he has no tools, but simply asked for an explanation by the OP who says he has all the tools to be a "premiere QB" in this league...what tools specifically? Its so easy for some to say "all the tools", but 9 times out of 10 they dont even understand what that means and just write it becuase its cliche....You didnt answer the question either....

Let's see now, last week I hated him, week before, loved him, week before that, loved him,

week(s) before that hated him, next week? I hope I love him again.

All kidding a side, this is not too far from reality, and it points out the real problem with Trent

INCONSITENT. We can only hope that he improves on that, but make no mistake about it, this

is his make or break year, no free passes like JP had.

Maybe that is a little too harsh on JP, let me just say, that we can't wait around to see if he'll

develop, beyond this year, it took us way too long to figure out that JP could not play at this

level, let's not make the same mistake again with Trent.

Out of curiosity, what are all these "tools" you say he has and on what grounds do you base that he has them? I only ask, because I see this claim of him having all the tools thrown around here like a cigar at a private Bill Clinton "meeting"

Athleticism, arm strength, intelligence, competitiveness, pocket presence...as if I needed to justify my "opinion" to someone who clearly thinks he knows soooo much more about this game than anyone on this board...which is evident by the fact you trash every response that conflicts with your opinion. If you know so much, whay aren't you a coach/scout/Gm? :wallbash:

I personally think that he has been coddled way to much. He is not a rookie anymore. I wish we had a coach who would get in his face on the sideline and tell him to throw the damn ball.

I am not going to lie, I was pretty excited about him in the beginning of last year especially during the comeback wins against OAK and JAX (turned out both those teams were not that good), but I leaped off the wagon after the Cleveland game. I still to this day, have never seen a more timid and scared QB in my life. I don't think he is the answer, but I also know Ryan Fitzpatrick probably isnt either so let him ride out the season and lets see if he can prove us wrong.

I personally think that he has been coddled way to much. He is not a rookie anymore. I wish we had a coach who would get in his face on the sideline and tell him to throw the damn ball.

I am not going to lie, I was pretty excited about him in the beginning of last year especially during the comeback wins against OAK and JAX (turned out both those teams were not that good), but I leaped off the wagon after the Cleveland game. I still to this day, have never seen a more timid and scared QB in my life. I don't think he is the answer, but I also know Ryan Fitzpatrick probably isnt either so let him ride out the season and lets see if he can prove us wrong.

I can tell the weather is getting cold in Buffalo; brain cells are frezzing at an unbelievable pace. Why is everything dropped on the QB's back? First, you don't have and O-Line, anD-Line, corners, safties or wide out's that can separate; yet it's the QB's fault. There are a lot of teams in the NFL that would love to have your QB; and, in a year or so will.

Tom Brady

Brett Favre

Carson Palmer

Although interesting that Trent has more yards per completion than the 3 you mention with your cherry picked stat the ONLY stat that matters for a QB is TDs and to a lesser extent yards. Try looking up how many long and intermediate balls those guys have connected on. Let me know when we start winning games and getting points for yds/completion.

I can tell the weather is getting cold in Buffalo; brain cells are frezzing at an unbelievable pace. Why is everything dropped on the QB's back? First, you don't have and O-Line, anD-Line, corners, safties or wide out's that can separate; yet it's the QB's fault. There are a lot of teams in the NFL that would love to have your QB; and, in a year or so will.

Apparently you haven't been to any games to see the WR open and Trent either doesn't see them or throws terrible balls.

Geezus, you need a secret decoder ring to make any sense out of this jumble you just wrote, but you clearly dont watch the games...Trent, with or without time does not produce squat...he continuously doesnt see open players...his downfield vision is amongst the worst (and one could argue the worst) of all starting QB's in the NFL right now...and thats no joke.

TE has had so many different coordinators who were obviously no good and a defensive minded head coach. There is no one on that coaching staff that knows how to groom QB's. TE has shown that he can be a good QB, I think what needs to be examined is what was different from the 5-1 TE of last year to the 7-9/1-3 TE we have now. I think it's that the weight of the O is put on him, emphasis on him, not him and the O-line. Essentially the coaching staff is asking him to do more with less. I also think ditching the no huddle and slowing down the O would help both the O and especially the D.