Trent Edwards - Where do you stand?

MURTR

Trent Edwards  

247 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of Trent Edwards

• He still is young, let him ride out the year.
    • I wish I could put a gun to his head and make him throw to a WR, bring on the Ryan Fitzpatrick Experience.
    • This seasons over, bring in a real veteran QB in the offseason and force TE to win the job
    • This season is over, draft a QB early and have TE keep things warm for him.
    • I don't care

Totally agree. He showed lots of flashes early on in his career but i think Adrian Wilson knocked some marbles loose because he has not been the same since.

Except for his first game back against the Chargers where he absolutely torched them with fearless and devastating down field throws. It is beyond absurd to me that after Trent has continually proved time and again that he has all the physical and mental tools to be a great and effective QB that can lead a team to victories that people still want to call for his head after one bad performance.

Look the first two games of the season our O line played unbelievably well and Trent looked like the TRUTH. Then all of a sudden a team manages to exploit us there (where we already knew was our biggest weakness heading into the season) and all of you homers want to blame Trent?? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Trent is a good QB. Don't expect him to be benched, or replaced via trade, free agency or the draft. It IS NOT going to happen. They are going to let this entire team continue developing because there is a lot of potential here and Trent is an integral part of it.

No QB in the history of football has great games every week, and when under the kind of pressure that Trent faced this past week, even the greatest QBs of all time look timid and pedestrian. So why don't you stop with all these brainless and inane arguments.

I am thoroughly convinced that the number 1 problem with the Bills organization is its unbelievably ignorant fan base.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Gruden is over rated. After winning the SB with Dungy's team in a game where even Keyshawn said they had a massive advantage as they knew everything Oak was going to do, he went on to run that team in the ground. Never had a back to back winning season after that until his last 2 years where he went 9-7 both years and only made playoffs once, had a worse collapse last year then we did losing four straight to end the season after they were leading the division with 4 games left and missed the playoffs.

Is he an upgrade over DJ, sure, but there are other coaches out there that are better choices.

And more importantly, when how and where is Jon Gruden coming to Buffalo? Are you talking about that BS rumor someone heard about a limo company picking him up at the airport yesterday? I mean how gullible can you be on this board when Gruden was on Monday night football in another state yesterday...

Jon Gruden also hates young QB's, especially ones that play like Trent.

Um, he was actually a phenomenal coach for the Raiders. If not for the tuck rule and the dirtiest play in a big game in the last decade (Tony Siragusa's leap onto a prone Rich Gannon's shoulder in the first quarter of the AFC championship game), he may have gone to two Super Bowls.

Ok, we get it. You hate Trent. Well he's the Bills' QB this season so you don't have to watch. It's funny that guys like yourself were silent after the first 2 good games and now after a bad one just pop up again. Go Bills

hahahaha, then you werent on the boards after the first 2 games...I was all over the boards the first 2 games, and was not silent at all on the Trent topic. I said after both the NE and TB games that we MUST get our WR's involved and that until Trent does we wont win many games...

I said his outings were encouraging, but not great. The fact he barely threw to TO and Lee in terms of targets in both games concerned me...and the NO games showed EXACTLY why its a problem.

Pure speculation on your part.

Jon Gruden is still young and will only get better with experience in my opinion. All you have to do is listen to the guy talk football to get a true sense of what kind of a football mind he really is and Jon Gruden knows and loves the game of football. We listen to many head coaches in the media and Jon Gruden strikes me as one of the more passionate, intelligent and exciting HC 's in the league, but that's just my personal opinion.

I like Jon Gruden...

I love how you write speculation when Gruden himself says he prefers vets to young QB's, hence the stockpile every year in TB. THen you follow it up with a post thats all speculation yourself...lmao

Um, he was actually a phenomenal coach for the Raiders. If not for the tuck rule and the dirtiest play in a big game in the last decade (Tony Siragusa's leap onto a prone Rich Gannon's shoulder in the first quarter of the AFC championship game), he may have gone to two Super Bowls.

People said DJ did a phenomenal job in Chi too and even won coach of the year...whats you opinnion of him?

He had a much bigger body of work in TB and he took a perennial SB contender, dismantled it, and couldnt put it back together ever again. His drafts were terrible, but most importantly, and I mean MOST importantly, his players didnt trust him (as so stated by his former players and the TB front office) When your players dont trust you, you will NOT have much success in football.

Except for his first game back against the Chargers where he absolutely torched them with fearless and devastating down field throws. It is beyond absurd to me that after Trent has continually proved time and again that he has all the physical and mental tools to be a great and effective QB that can lead a team to victories that people still want to call for his head after one bad performance.

Look the first two games of the season our O line played unbelievably well and Trent looked like the TRUTH. Then all of a sudden a team manages to exploit us there (where we already knew was our biggest weakness heading into the season) and all of you homers want to blame Trent?? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Trent is a good QB. Don't expect him to be benched, or replaced via trade, free agency or the draft. It IS NOT going to happen. They are going to let this entire team continue developing because there is a lot of potential here and Trent is an integral part of it.

No QB in the history of football has great games every week, and when under the kind of pressure that Trent faced this past week, even the greatest QBs of all time look timid and pedestrian. So why don't you stop with all these brainless and inane arguments.

I am thoroughly convinced that the number 1 problem with the Bills organization is its unbelievably ignorant fan base.

Get your arrogant facts straight.

Quite a few of us "ignorant" fans noticed the lack of down field throws last year, early this year and again after week 3.

Most of your posts are directed at other fans and you just happen talk some football along the way.

You keep blaming the fans, I'll focus on the piece of **** product on the field week after week.

Guest dog14787
I love how you write speculation when Gruden himself says he prefers vets to young QB's, hence the stockpile every year in TB. THen you follow it up with a post thats all speculation yourself...lmao

You singled out TE in your post, not just young QB's.

I also called my post an opinion and you basically put words in Jon Grudens mouth that was all conjecture on your part.

hahahahaha, you are hilarious...torched SD with fearless devastating downfield throws? you are priceless...I assume you mean the same game where Trent had just ONE TD, and a modest 261 yards? Thats your idea of "torch"? And it was against one of the worst D's in the league...hahahaha...I mean seriously dude. Evans didnt even have 100 yards and averaged a poor 11 yards per catch. If you take out his one 20 yarder and he averaged just 9 yards per catch the rest of the game...so how is this "torching with fearless devastating downfield throws?

I love how people like you bring up one or two games and ignore the other 20+ games where he struggled to move the ball and never throws to his WR's...funny how those few games are also against terrible defenses too...

And Trent only looked like the "truth" to you in the first 2 games...most of us saw a gaping problem with our offense in its lack of ability to get the WR's involved, and its clearly on Trents shoulders as WR's keep getting open and he just doesnt fire the ball.

You singled out TE in your post, not just young QB's.

I also called my post an opinion and you basically put words in Jon Grudens mouth that was all conjecture on your part.

First off, talking about Gruden is pointless

Secondly, Gruden himself said he much prefers a vet to a young QB...this is common knowledge

Give the guy this season before we or the Bills decide what he is or will be. He's 25 and in his crucial 3rd year in the NFL. If he stays healthy, wins games and puts up reasonable numbers then he will get a healthy extension (and the Bills have planned for this). If he does two of those three things, he still will probably get an extension. If he does 1 or less, then their may be competition for him next year and less patience toward him. This is his season (not preseason +3 games) to prove it to everyone, let him have that.....

Guest dog14787
First off, talking about Gruden is pointless

Secondly, Gruden himself said he much prefers a vet to a young QB...this is common knowledge

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but didn't Jon Gruden comment on liking Trent Edwards on the Monday night opener against the Pats.

I think it went like this, "I like this Trent Edwards"

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but didn't Jon Gruden comment on liking Trent Edwards on the Monday night opener against the Pats.

I think it went like this, "I like this Trent Edwards"

Correct me if I am wrong, Gruden hasnt coached Trent, isnt commenting on how he would run a team, doesnt study film on him as he has never faced him, and his comments have zero reflection of how he would coach a team...

You do realize that he is an ANALYST and professional BROADCASTER now, and his comments literally have no reflection on what he prefers in his own coaching style?

Geezus

Can you please spare me with the ignorant fan base nonsense....its so played out.

All I was saying was that he has not been the same player since he got his head knocked off against AZ last year. He has been way too timid and just plain and simple has not done enough to win us most games. He does have his weeks but more often than not those come against fluff opponents.

I will be honest, I was content after Week 1 b/c he didnt lose us the game, but the lack of WR production someone concerned me. After Week 2, I was cautiously optimistic that he turned the corner, but knew Tampa Bay at home was not a good barometer. After Week 3, I have by no means given up on the guy, but I think that if he doesnt get his act together soon, then their is probably no hope for him.

And also, I don't know anyone who considered Trent the "truth" after 2 weeks....that makes no sense b/c everyone knows that Fred Jackson is the fuggin TRUTH!

In the end, this season will give us enough evidence to see if his body of work is starting NFL QB worthy or not.

Please go cheer for the Falcons...this ignorant fan base will get along just fine without you. And if you can convince them to trade us Matt Ryan for Trent Edwards (use your awesome extrapolating skills that show he's better than Brady!) then we will be forever grateful to you.

We'll still think you're a massive pompous douche but your legacy will have ended on a good note.

People said DJ did a phenomenal job in Chi too and even won coach of the year...whats you opinnion of him?

He had a much bigger body of work in TB and he took a perennial SB contender, dismantled it, and couldnt put it back together ever again. His drafts were terrible, but most importantly, and I mean MOST importantly, his players didnt trust him (as so stated by his former players and the TB front office) When your players dont trust you, you will NOT have much success in football.

I'm not sure of your point. Gruden took a bad team and gradually welded it into a very good team that was a consistent winner for multiple seasons. As for Tampa, give me a break. Coaches are judged on how they perform with the talent at hand. He took over a team that was very talented after leaving a team that was very talented (and very well coached). He then did what great coaches do - he won a Super Bowl with the team he was in charge of. He wasn't the GM of Tampa, btw, and it's worth mentioning that Tampa traded a bevy of high draft picks to get him - 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders. Basically, the Bucs mortgaged their future to get him. Why did they do that? Because they wanted to make the move up from being a contender to a champ. It paid off, and I'd give my right arm (figuratively) if the Bills were to do the same. Moreover, while he never repeated his Super Bowl success in Tampa, he did have three winning seasons in his last four years there (after finally getting some high draft picks again) and two playoff appearances.

The comparison of Gruden with the Raiders and Jauron with the Bears is simply dumb. I mean, talk about false comparisons. You're better than that.

Correct me if I am wrong, Gruden hasnt coached Trent, isnt commenting on how he would run a team, doesnt study film on him as he has never faced him, and his comments have zero reflection of how he would coach a team...

You do realize that he is an ANALYST and professional BROADCASTER now, and his comments literally have no reflection on what he prefers in his own coaching style?

Geezus

Finally.... the voice of reason emerges.

Thank you!

Half the time Gruden looks like he's thinking about giving Jaworski a wedgie.

Jackson is the best playmaker on this team.

love jackson. but towards the end of all 3 games there were some runs where he ran so exhausted. and vs the saints he kind of looked average. anyway my avatar shows who i like better. with a name like beast mode, wow!!!!

back to this topic, the o line needs to hold a little more. not entirely te's fault.

let the trashing begin.

What other game THIS SEASON has the offense looked like crap?

+++1 c biscuit97

i agree it was big time crap, but it was only 1 terrible week offensively. i am really hoping te and avp realize how many weapons we have and actually use them. REGARDLESS of the blitzes. all defenses do that!

my wife hates the fact that the bills broke tos record!

and i love my wife. ok i dont hate the bills. but damn that sucks for t.o. not even a quick sideline pass on the line of scrimmage and let t.o make a play????? this play was there. they dont run man to man on every down.

go bills!

Guest dog14787
Finally.... the voice of reason emerges.

Thank you!

Half the time Gruden looks like he's thinking about giving Jaworski a wedgie.

If Fabrications by Alphadawg is the voice of reason, you need some real help.

I voted "I don't Care" since there wasn't a None of the Above option. TE siumply needs to be coached better. The Rochester D&C said it best this morning, he needs to throw the ball and let his receivers make plays. He obviously is coached NOT to make game breaking mistakes, so he doesn't try to make these types of completions.

Right on, IMO - he has been brainwashed with DJ's and Turk's mondain, coaching of safe, don't make a mistake football, even if it results in no scoring. Great stats, no points. The guy needs a new HC.