Which Sportswriter, Anchor annoys you the most?

WVUFootball29

For me it is Skip Bayless and Woody Paige. I can't stand to listen to either of them ramble. They both love to play devil's advocate and take opposite and outlandish stances just to get people to talk about them.

Who really pushes your buttons when it comes to sports media?

For me it is Skip Bayless and Woody Paige. I can't stand to listen to either of them ramble. They both love to play devil's advocate and take opposite and outlandish stances just to get people to talk about them.

Word on both of them. Woody Paige seems to be getting senile as of late and just rambles on about nothing most of the time. Bayless is a schmuck and just likes to yell really loud at the other person in order to make his point sound better.

Mark schlereth, Merril hoge...i know these are "analysts" but i couldn't resist.

Michael Irvin- apparently drug free but has crack-like instability to him

Keshawn Johnson- punk who annoyingly squints his eyes to make a point

Sean Salisbury- thank God he is off the air (I think). Best in roll as Battlebots commentator

Steve Young- dope, states the obvious

Phil Simms- see Steve Young

Does the fact that these guys are all ex-players have anything to do with them sucking as analysts

i agree. bayless is a no nothing ass clown :unsure:

Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News. He thinks the Bills/Sabres were put on this earth to kiss his rear and meet his expectations. Yet, he knows nothing about either sport that the less than average fan can pick up in a sports bar. No insight, no intellect, yet he probably makes more money than me (and that's REALLY irritating). When the News went from Felser to Sullivan was like going from teh penthouse to the catacombs.

My second nominee, but off topic is the Versus hockey play-by-play announcers. They don't even talk about the play on the ice. A series of 3 miraculous shots and saves happen, and those clowns are talking about teh arena food court.

Sportswriter or anchor? Really, none.

But yeah, the screamers on talk TV are why they made remotes.

Bayless and Paige for sure.

How about Jay Mariotti? He is such a clown. Love how he became "metrosexual" for TV.

Schlereth makes me turn ESPN off. I used to love NFL Live until he started showing up on it.

Sullivan is someone who talks/writes just to tick people off. The Bills could win every game including

the Super Bowl and he would still be pissed off.

I know I'm in the minority, but I am glad Madden took a hike. Just got sick of his shtick (love his

game though).

Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News. He thinks the Bills/Sabres were put on this earth to kiss his rear and meet his expectations. Yet, he knows nothing about either sport that the less than average fan can pick up in a sports bar. No insight, no intellect, yet he probably makes more money than me (and that's REALLY irritating). When the News went from Felser to Sullivan was like going from teh penthouse to the catacombs.

My second nominee, but off topic is the Versus hockey play-by-play announcers. They don't even talk about the play on the ice. A series of 3 miraculous shots and saves happen, and those clowns are talking about teh arena food court.

I'm with you all the way on Sullivan. I think he will turn to dust if we ever have a winning season. I read the news online, and can tell within the first two to three sentences of an article if it's Sullivan's by the fact that it basically spells out "someone pissed in my Wheaties." Granted, not much good to say in a while, but even in the few weeks when things are going well each season he doles out misery. It's as if he gets paid by the adjective with negative connotations.

Versus hockey is essentially ESPN's old crew. Nothing I hate more than going from RJ to a bunch of idiots who think they can entice new fans with pointless, unimaginative catch phrases that make me want to sew their mouths shut and beat them with a goalie blocker.

Gotta also give a shout out to Fox's crew from Sunday, Ron Pitts and John Lynch. I think someone was screwin' with them by changing player's first names on their sheets, cuz they didn't know 'em. Either that or Jackson changed his name to George, among other f-ups.

Agree 100% I really don't think he cares about sports, just geting a check for talking about something

All Colin cares about is telling you how great the NFL is and act like a little fanboy about OH THE RATINGS are amazing and use that as a tool to bash hockey.

Anyone Baseball Tonight has been throwing out there for the last 5 years, aside from Showalter, Gammons, Olney, and Kirkjian. I know that seems like a long list of exceptions, but the list of perpetrators is much, much longer. Pre-2004ish, that show was can't miss tv for a baseball fan. Now you actually become dumber by watching it.

I love Tim Calishaw from the dallas morning news and Michael A. Smith.. I don't like Bayless, Kevin Blackestone and im suprised I haven't heard Bob Ryan who hates everything about Buffalo..

Oooh, I want to add Bob Ryan! I can't believe I forgot about him! I doubly hate him because he is a fellow BC alum and seems to go out of his way to ignore or disparage college sports in Boston. I'll take ANYONE hosting PTI over him.

Yeah, he used to worship Vick and why? Because HE FILLS THE SEATS. Who the hell cares?

So true...who cares? HE does...so he can get sheep all over the USA to worship him because he loves the NFL (don't get me wrong I love the NFL, but I don't use my love of the NFL to put DOWN another league I like)

Colin cares about ratings 1st, 2nd and 3rd...that's it.

So true...who cares? HE does...so he can get sheep all over the USA to worship him because he loves the NFL (don't get me wrong I love the NFL, but I don't use my love of the NFL to put DOWN another league I like)

Colin cares about ratings 1st, 2nd and 3rd...that's it.

He's a creep. I have a 10 min. drive to work and USED to listen to him. It was all about how to be cool in Las Vegas, or the Kolby/O'Neil Lakers. And this would be the Monday after the SB.

Dan Dierdorf is the worst ever.

Skip Bayless has only one aim to all his opinions, to be a jerk. He used to be a sports columnist in Dallas during the last 6 or 7 Tom Landry years and would come up with the most off the wall BS crap. But it would be a big controversy and he was the only guy who had the "guts to say it." He wrote a book trashing Tom after his firing at the hands of the anti-Christ, Jerry Jones.

My brother used to say it best. "Every morning I open up the Dallas Morning News and skip Bayless." Still works today. When he's on TV or radio I change the station.