Time Warner Cable

#59 BILLS Fan

They do have rights to the games but for a AFC road game i think they sell to FOX for some dumb reason.

Not sure if that is correct. For non-conference games, the road team gets the broadcast. If the road team is from the NFC, Fox will televise and CBS will televise if an AFC team is visiting. I don't think there is any sale involved.

I seriously doubt that Time Warner has anything to do with what game is aired in any area. They simply carry the feed for yor local affiliate. You should be bombarding the FOX channel in Syracuse to make a change, not Time Warner.

Back when I first moved to Austin, the Cowboys were really horrible (1989) and the Oilers were a better team. The local CBS affiliate (which at that time carried NFC games) would take votes, weekly, to vote on which game viewers wanted them to show. You had to vote by midnight Thursday, and they would show whatever NFC game garnered the most votes from the public. It was strictly the choice to the station, not the cable outlet...I believe that it is still the same....

Incidentally, isn't Syracuse considered more of a Giants market? My sister lived there years ago (early 80's) and I seem to remember that the Giants were far more popular there, amongst NFL fans, than the Bills..

I seriously doubt that Time Warner has anything to do with what game is aired in any area. They simply carry the feed for yor local affiliate. You should be bombarding the FOX channel in Syracuse to make a change, not Time Warner.

I was going to say that, but you beat me to it. TWC has to air the local channel due to regulations. Calling up TWC is like calling them up asking when your TV will go back on in a power failure.

I have to agree here. You are wasting your time calling TW. They can only broadcast what is provided to them by the local channel. You need to be calling your local Fox affiliate en masse. That is the only way you MAY be able to affect a change.

Good Luck. :lol:

I have to agree here. You are wasting your time calling TW. They can only broadcast what is provided to them by the local channel. You need to be calling your local Fox affiliate en masse. That is the only way you MAY be able to affect a change.

Good Luck. :lol:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You are all rite if you want it changed you have to call (315) 472-6800 it FOX Syr. The lady was a anti football fan and could give a ****. So call for football fans dont just call for bills fans....

In Utica/Rome wfxv is the affiliate...their phone number is (315) 797-5220 Please fellow Bills fans help us out in this area as well...

Hell I'm calling that number to. We need to do something. We can't let them air the New Jersey Giants game over ours. They pulled this same bs last year when we played the 49ers. I called and they said this was the Giants territory. I got a phone and 73,000 friends that beg to differ. Ring Ring. Hold please it's another Bills fan we better just put this damn game on tv.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You are all rite if you want it changed you have to call (315) 472-6800 it FOX Syr. The lady was a anti football fan and could give a ****. So call for football fans dont just call for bills fans....

I suggest deleting this thread and starting fresh with the correct information.

Nonetheless, I just called FOX Syracuse and the lady is a complete moron.

That was fun - the lady must be annoyed - I say bring it on.

She's a B word.