How Do We Beat Brees this week?

billsguy512

-Start the game with a surprise onside kick.

-Let Freddy run wild, but also must give him a break. He's been used too much. More Omon and why not cory Mac- he looked nimble and punishing in pre-season.

-Disguise defense + confuse Brees. I like the idea of men loitering at the LOS.

-Knock Brees on his Azz the first or second drop back + get in his head.

_knock the receivers as hard as possible for the first few catches to let them know that their day could be over with each & every catch.

-Intercept an early pass to Shocky so Brees won't want to look his way beyond the int... he'll throw to the smaller guys whom we can punish and get inside (their head some more).

-Get the ball to T.O. It will fire up the crowd and sell more beer. He's looks just like Moulds in his prime with the ball in his posession. The ultimate in Power & balance.

-Let TE throw some bombs. the Aint's will expect us to run, run, run to keep Brees off the field.

-Runs at least 7 power sweeps and 1 reverse and one flea flicker.

-Special teams coverage unit must get it together.

-Dick must wear the shades.

-That should do it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

brees has his worst games on the road against a cover 2. they have trouble with d's that can stop the run without stacking the box and who stop the long play. they'll get yards, and they'll get points, but if we can make them turn it over (and they do) then we win

last week, when the eagles blitzed 2+ Brees was 6 for 6 with 96 yards and a TD

I agree - not the right strategy against Brees. You are inviting the big play and quick score if you blitz him constantly. The Eagles don't know how to do anything else in their scheme, but the Bills need to play a lot more cover 2 than last week, no matter how frustrating it is for fans to watch sometimes.

During Brees' first couple of seasons in NOLA he had some problems with his passes getting tipped at the LOS. Not a lot, but some. If I was an opposing team's DC (which I'm not, so this might not make sense) I wouldn't have my 4 linemen try to get to him because he avoids that better than most QBs, but to create a pocket and get in his way by jumping, waving, or whatever, then blitz a LBer or safety to apply the pressure. In other words, contain him in the pocket and make him throw it over them while still applying pressure with a blitz. I'd maybe try that on a couple of possessions and see how it works.

Otherwise, your best bet is to take him out the night before and get him good and drunk so he passes out. Then strip him down, throw him in the bed, and surround him with some nude high-priced hookers. Take pictures and threaten to send them to his wife.

Field position (only 10 of their points last week came on long drives) - make them go the length of the field , Don't miss tackles, Don't turn the ball over.

BINGO we have a winner!

There is a thread on TSW started by a person with the moniker OC in Philly who was nice enough to not only review the NO games so far but also provide us with a somewhat detailed analysis of his key statistical findings,

They pointed to NO getting an average drive start just past the 40 yard line due to good ST play on their part and also due to short yardage after turnovers.

Play ST with the same effectiveness we have had even during the incredibly mediocre winning% under Jauron is going to be a good start.

His review of the INTs earned by the Saints seemed to almost all not to be from tight coverage by their DBs but by poorly thrown balls which hit the defender right in the numbers. Edwards in the past has thrown the ball fairly tightly and one would hope that the would not have a fit of errant throws that the non-starting talent at QB the Aints have drawn in their first two weeks (newby Stafford and then deep reserve Kolb). The young Bills OL will be tested as they also will need to continue to give TE time and space to throw and not have to hurry the ball.

He also felt that the Saints demonstrated they can be run on and again a key to beating Brees (he is a good QB and will get his share of passing scores in almost all circumstances so simply hoping to fool or beat him is not a high probability strategy for beating him.

The key to beating Brees will be:

1. Good ST play that wins the field position battle

2. Good tackling that stops the Saints running and creates more 3rd and longs

3. Few turnovers denying Saints short fields

Drew Brees has gotten into the leagues head with his performance so far. He has done a great job of beating the blitz and now you hear over and over that if you blitz him you will pay. It reminds me of the pats* 2 years ago. They had the whole league freaked out until the Giants decided they were going to make Brady pay a price for every pass, the rest is history.

On the Saint's first offensive series send a jail house blitz. I don't care if Brees gets a touchdown, or we pick up a roughing the passer penalty as long a K. Mitchell picks Brees up and pancakes him as hard as he can. For the rest of the game we can play cover 2, run FJ and play for field position. We need to send a message that this is our house and we aren't afraid to blitz. If Brees thinks we are afraid to blitz then he is going to sit back and tear us apart.

Who Dat Saying They Gonna Beat dem Saints. The Bills are!

Another plus: The Saints are a dome, fast-track team. They rolled the Rebuilding Lions -which they should change their name to- on the same track and were gift wrapped a victory by Philly. They're outdoors again against a team with a healthy offensive backfield. Back to back road wins, outdoors for a dome team, is a daunting challenge for any team. They're 2-0 in their conference. This is a game they may not have their best effort for.

If we don't have turnovers, I think we win.

Go Bills.

Another plus: The Saints are a dome, fast-track team. They rolled the Rebuilding Lions -which they should change their name to- on the same track and were gift wrapped a victory by Philly. They're outdoors again against a team with a healthy offensive backfield. Back to back road wins, outdoors for a dome team, is a daunting challenge for any team. They're 2-0 in their conference. This is a game they may not have their best effort for.

If we don't have turnovers, I think we win.

Go Bills.

The weather might play a factor. Only "might". It'll be rainy, but the real factor could be the wind. Weather.com is calling for winds from the SW at 12-15 mph. The kicker, however, is what is in store for Monday. Showers and a wind moving up towards 21 mph. If that second blast gets to Buffalo a little sooner than later, the long pass aspect of both teams' game will be hindered. The field will shorten to RBs, TE, Slot receivers. If THAT'S the case, the Bills should be able to keep up in a track meet. More importantly, however, the weather MIGHT allow a more effective blitz package. Not as many fruitful opportunities to get out of the blitz by bombing long if the WRs are dropping balls.

-Start the game with a surprise onside kick.

-Let Freddy run wild, but also must give him a break. He's been used too much. More Omon and why not cory Mac- he looked nimble and punishing in pre-season.

-Disguise defense + confuse Brees. I like the idea of men loitering at the LOS.

-Knock Brees on his Azz the first or second drop back + get in his head.

_knock the receivers as hard as possible for the first few catches to let them know that their day could be over with each & every catch.

-Intercept an early pass to Shocky so Brees won't want to look his way beyond the int... he'll throw to the smaller guys whom we can punish and get inside (their head some more).

-Get the ball to T.O. It will fire up the crowd and sell more beer. He's looks just like Moulds in his prime with the ball in his posession. The ultimate in Power & balance.

-Let TE throw some bombs. the Aint's will expect us to run, run, run to keep Brees off the field.

-Runs at least 7 power sweeps and 1 reverse and one flea flicker.

-Special teams coverage unit must get it together.

-Dick must wear the shades.

-That should do it.

A hoodie wouldn't hurt either, but the shades are a must - even though they're predicting rain, Dick's gotta wear the shades...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :rolleyes: