Do the Bills try to re-sign Owens or let him walk after 1 year?

Jerry Jabber

I say let him walk. This team is much too brittle for distractions. You can almost feel the beginning of rumblings from that volcano. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut mid-season if he begins to act up. For what he is giving us right now, we have other talented receivers waiting in line to do the same job, if not better. He was supposed to, at the very least, open up the game for Lee and we have yet to see this.

Did it ever occur to you that Lee isn't that great and that's hard to open up things for him when he struggles getting open and fighting for balls?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless we go to the playoffs I think he leaves. I don't think it is as cut in stone as many might think, if he performs well and there are no other offers out there again, he might want another pay check.

I know this board thinks Steve Johnson is the second coming, but unless Hardy steps up, I imagine the Bills will be in the market for another receiver, whether it be TO or someone else.

Crabtree!!! lol

Evans had only 3 TD's last year. Owens had 10 TD's last year at Dallas. Owens had more TD's than all of the Bills WR's combined (9). We finally have two good WR's, which we haven't had since Moulds/Price. The big reason why we sucked on offense this decade is that we haven't had two legimate weapons at WR. We finally have that again in Owens/Evans. I look at the Owens signing like the James Lofton signing, bringing in an older WR that can still produce. Owens & Evans will get more passes thrown to them over the course of the season. A lot of people forget that AVP just got the OC job 2 1/2 weeks ago and Owens only played 1 series in the preseason, so it's gonna take some time to get the chemistry down.

IMO, we should trade Parrish so Steve Johnson can get on the field. Parrish has been ineffective as a WR as of late and Steve Johnson has the size and good hands to be a good WR in this league. If Hardy develops, it's gonna take a while, I don't expect anything from Hardy until another 2 years, due to his injury plus how he looked last year. We should resign Owens for 2-3 years while Johnson & Hardy develop. If that happens, we'll have a great offense for years to come.

Evans had only 3 TD's last year. Owens had 10 TD's last year at Dallas. Owens had more TD's than all of the Bills WR's combined (9). We finally have two good WR's, which we haven't had since Moulds/Price. The big reason why we sucked on offense this decade is that we haven't had two legimate weapons at WR. We finally have that again in Owens/Evans. I look at the Owens signing like the James Lofton signing, bringing in an older WR that can still produce. Owens & Evans will get more passes thrown to them over the course of the season. A lot of people forget that AVP just got the OC job 2 1/2 weeks ago and Owens only played 1 series in the preseason, so it's gonna take some time to get the chemistry down.

IMO, we should trade Parrish so Steve Johnson can get on the field. Parrish has been ineffective as a WR as of late and Steve Johnson has the size and good hands to be a good WR in this league. If Hardy develops, it's gonna take a while, I don't expect anything from Hardy until another 2 years, due to his injury plus how he looked last year. We should resign Owens for 2-3 years while Johnson & Hardy develop. If that happens, we'll have a great offense for years to come.

Dallas-your answer right there!

I didn't read through all of these, since some are basically novellas, so if this has been said, sorry for the redundancy. I can't believe what I'm seeing here though. It's not about his production. It's about his name. TO demands respect from defenses because of what he CAN do, not because of what he IS doing in that particular game. Nobody on our bench can make the impact on opposing defenses that he can.

I didn't read through all of these, since some are basically novellas, so if this has been said, sorry for the redundancy. I can't believe what I'm seeing here though. It's not about his production. It's about his name. TO demands respect from defenses because of what he CAN do, not because of what he IS doing in that particular game. Nobody on our bench can make the impact on opposing defenses that he can.

i generally agree with this. as long as defenses are respecting him and planning around him, you keep him on the field.

His td catch was a thing of beauty. A textbook presentation about how to get position for a catch...

Let him walk. I'm already sick of his act - terrible drops, his petty fighting with Romo, sulking when not getting the ball, lack of blocking.

don't get me wrong. I'm going to love TO this season and I realize that he is a huge help to this offense. But he is already showing his true colors. Keeping him more than a year would be a huge mistake. Let's jut hope this is a great year.

Re-sign him, re-sign him, re-sign him. He belongs here. He's good for the city. The trick is to get Trent to look his way more during the game than two or three times. Because if they don't do that, T.O. will JUSTIFIABLY bolt from here. The people who are voicing their distaste for him are merely fabricating situations that aren't there.

Let him walk. I'm already sick of his act - terrible drops, his petty fighting with Romo, sulking when not getting the ball, lack of blocking.

Who cares if he and Romo were not getting along or even press focused on it to sell advertising? Until he and Edwards are not getting along it is not an issue and so far we have not seen it.

And TO has been blocking, that has not been an issue for him.

The only issue has been the drops, something TO has had all of his career but I think it is a bigger issue with Bills due to the toe issue which kept him out (or he choose to keep him out not wanting to play) in preseason which I think has hurt him getting in sync with offense.

Who cares if he and Romo were not getting along or even press focused on it to sell advertising? Until he and Edwards are not getting along it is not an issue and so far we have not seen it.

And TO has been blocking, that has not been an issue for him.

The only issue has been the drops, something TO has had all of his career but I think it is a bigger issue with Bills due to the toe issue which kept him out (or he choose to keep him out not wanting to play) in preseason which I think has hurt him getting in sync with offense.

It just shows that he still has grown up. why does he need to take shots at Romo? Doesn't he realize it would be very easy for people to take shots at him for his pop warner drop?

Like I said, I love him on this team this year. But given his age and attitude, I'm ready to move on after the season.

The Bills need a second receiver to complement Evans (who is annoyingly unable to get open as a real #1 WR should).

Whether that is an aging TO or a james Hardy will depend on Hardy's showing this year. From what I've seen, he'll never be fast or smooth or smart enough to ever get the job done, which means you bring back TO or draft a top receiver. Too bad Lee needs such high maintenance.

Really can't understand the love for TO. Oh, being in marketing and sales I can see, but other than that....JEEEZ. He's a great sales figure....Notice:season ticket sales. Other than that he's a one year"fix". He's got five "catches" and two "drops". Wish I could make his kind of money and be as successful as he is in his profession "this year". Truthfully, he's not that good anymore. Let him go. Draft a future gut or develop one that TO is grooming..But let him go yo Oakland, or Jax or the netherworld of the NFL

I know it's early in the season, but is this a one and done year for Owens with the Bills? I hope that's not the case. In the Bucs game, we finally got a glimpse of what is possible with having 2 stellar WR's and a good run game. So far, Edwards is looking good this season and IMO Edwards will have a breakout year, mainly due to having Evans & Owens to throw to. I would hope the Bills would sign Owens to a 3 year extension and will have a great offense for years to come.

TO EARLY but I am a fan of a franchise tag...