A Jacksonville article

I am now starting to think the jags will move.. but Tebow will reverse that.. Its funny went to the game this week and saw three jags jerseys with TEBOW on the back... Its kinda hard to sell out a 76,000 seat stadium with a small population..But jacksonville has everything you need for a NFL team, The beach and the best Golf courses in the world

If they are counting on a college kid to save their franchise, that is beyond pathetic. Just put that team out of their misery. Could you imagine if we have had the success they have had the last decade?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya but we are talking about probably the best college football player ever. This kid is a winner and has the "it" quality that Archie Manning never had. I am not familiar with how much Archie was loved but I live in the Florida area and have never seen anything like the love affair for Tebow. I hope it happens.

I agree, & I hope Jax Drafts Tebow because if they don't, I'm afraid the EVIL EMPIRE that is the Pats* will.

I hear ya but we are talking about probably the best college football player ever. This kid is a winner and has the "it" quality that Archie Manning never had. I am not familiar with how much Archie was loved but I live in the Florida area and have never seen anything like the love affair for Tebow. I hope it happens.

Its funny that whenever somebody says something like this, you look and they are from FL. Its amazing how an entire state is anointing him as the chosen one....and pretty much everyone else thinks he is good but will likely flop pretty hard in the NFL. Why the hero worship? I watched him play a bit last week and I can't say I was all that impressed.

Its funny that whenever somebody says something like this, you look and they are from FL. Its amazing how an entire state is anointing him as the chosen one....and pretty much everyone else thinks he is good but will likely flop pretty hard in the NFL. Why the hero worship? I watched him play a bit last week and I can't say I was all that impressed.

But he is the best college player ever

you know, that is EXACTLY what New Orleans people said about drafting Archie Manning....

Not making a direct comparison, but a little historical perspective can't hurt.

Not sure what the point is here. Archie Manning was a terrific NFL QB who happened to play on some of the worst teams ever.

I would point to the Browns picking Tim Couch, who couldn't make the transition.

But the Jags may have to take the risk. Certainly Tebow seems to be a low risk, as far as character and work ethic. He is a great athlete, who should be able to help a team in some capacity, even if he doesn't turn out to be an NFL caliber QB.

You may be interested in this msg, from another thread, posted right here in this forum.....sounds like a great place to watch a game!

Also, in November & December, on a Sunday afternoon, you really think that Buffalo & Jacksonville are equal in possible outdoor activities.....really!? Umm.....OK. <_<

i'd better be skiing in the Buffalo area or sitting in Rich Stadium than sitting on an empty beach in Jax watching some cold water and hoping no hurricanes are on the way!

i live on the ocean coast here while originally from the Alps and i hear that kind of stuff all the time, how i should love passing winters in a better climate! I hate passing winters here, i miss the snow, the cold and the fun of my alpine youth winters!

The notion that Jacksonville is a hopping town with a myriad of things to do, is laughable, IMO. Yes, you can go to the beach, or sit in the sun. But you can do that most any time. When did hot weather become synonymous with cultural vibrancy?

NYC, SF, LA, Chicago are places with many things to do. You can probably add a few more cities to the list (Seattle, Dallas, Miami, etc.). But Jacksonville? Please. Jacksonville is a hell-hole. It is one of the worst, and most boring cities in the country.

The truth is, Jacksonville is a hick town, with a lot of violent crime. They don't go to the football games because they don't really like NFL football, and their team is completely devoid of any charisma.

I'm going to be riding my new Suzuki Boulevard C50T .

riding my '99 Honda Valkrie or my '07 Yamaha FZ1 (a couple months ago, I upgraded from my '03 FZ1)

Nice rides! I've looked at 97-03 Valk's a few times. Definitely a head turner at bike nights. Sold my Shadow 2 months ago for the 04 HD in my avatar. LOVE IT!!! These 4pm starts are nice too, put on 150 miles and home at the start of the Tampa game

I would point to the Browns picking Tim Couch, who couldn't make the transition.

I'd point to Couch as a QB tossed into an organization that put him into a no-win situation that after several years, broke him figuratively and literally.

Like Brando said to Stieger..." I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley. ..."

My point is that Manning was not able to turn the Saints around, or even make them an especially big draw, even though he was a local boy and very good. I am not saying Tebow is the same, but pointing out that anyone who assumes that Tebow will be the magic bullet for the Jags should be more careful with such assumptions.

And you assessment of Jacksonville is spot on. The housing bubble collapse is (to mix a metaphor) a nail in the coffin of the idea that constant home building is a secure path to permanent growth.

Not sure what the point is here. Archie Manning was a terrific NFL QB who happened to play on some of the worst teams ever.

But the Jags may have to take the risk. Certainly Tebow seems to be a low risk, as far as character and work ethic. He is a great athlete, who should be able to help a team in some capacity, even if he doesn't turn out to be an NFL caliber QB.

The notion that Jacksonville is a hopping town with a myriad of things to do, is laughable, IMO. Yes, you can go to the beach, or sit in the sun. But you can do that most any time. When did hot weather become synonymous with cultural vibrancy?

NYC, SF, LA, Chicago are places with many things to do. You can probably add a few more cities to the list (Seattle, Dallas, Miami, etc.). But Jacksonville? Please. Jacksonville is a hell-hole. It is one of the worst, and most boring cities in the country.

The truth is, Jacksonville is a hick town, with a lot of violent crime. They don't go to the football games because they don't really like NFL football, and their team is completely devoid of any charisma.

a hick town with paper mills... the odor must be lovely :devil:

Hey thanks for chiming in a total nonsensical way. MY comparison was between Buffalo and Jacksonville. Anybody with an IQ over 30 would choose Jacksonville all day, every day, if given the choice. Unless, of course, they couldn't bear to leave WNY because of their need to be close to Bills. :rolleyes:

Hey thanks for chiming in a total nonsensical way. MY comparison was between Buffalo and Jacksonville. Anybody with an IQ over 30 would choose Jacksonville all day, every day, if given the choice. Unless, of course, they couldn't bear to leave WNY because of their need to be close to Bills. :rolleyes:

If a person wants to live in Fla, I have NO IDEA why they would choose Jacksonville. The only City in Fla that is worse than Jax is Starke.

I would choose Buffalo over Jacksonville every day of the week. Jacksonville is a hell-hole, and the pits of Florida. It is a total embarrassment to the USA.

The ONLY advantage Jacksonville has over Buffalo is weather, and that's only if you like hot humid weather. Buffalo is far superior in culture to Jacksonville, which is virtually devoid of any civilized culture. Chain restaurants are considered fine eating establishments in Jacksonville. It isn't a city, it is a collection of non-descript suburbs.

But, with all that said, there is one very nice Thai restaurant in J-Ville: Pattaya Thai.