Edwards Appartently Has Two Different Deep Ball Throws

Virgil

Maybe I'm just seeing things, but didn't anyone else notice that the trajectory of the deep balls thrown to TO were very much different from the ones he throws to Evans? With TO, they looked like legitamite, long throws with solid power behind them. The throws to Evans seem more like a high lob that Trent is trying to drop in a bucket.

Now, I fully admit that I have been critical of Trent's arm strength in the past, but those bombs to TO were perfect. So, I publicly apologize to Trent here and now.

What confuses me, with TO's size, wouldn't you think that he would switch up the way he throws to these guys. Evans has the speed to catch up to any ball while TO can win almost any jump ball.

In either case, this game completely changed my opinion of Trent's arm strength.

Maybe I'm just seeing things, but didn't anyone else notice that the trajectory of the deep balls thrown to TO were very much different from the ones he throws to Evans? With TO, they looked like legitamite, long throws with solid power behind them. The throws to Evans seem more like a high lob that Trent is trying to drop in a bucket.

Now, I fully admit that I have been critical of Trent's arm strength in the past, but those bombs to TO were perfect. So, I publicly apologize to Trent here and now.

What confuses me, with TO's size, wouldn't you think that he would switch up the way he throws to these guys. Evans has the speed to catch up to any ball while TO can win almost any jump ball.

In either case, this game completely changed my opinion of Trent's arm strength.

Yeah Kenny Albert and Daryl Johnston said this about 20 times during the game

Part of it is probably timing by design, &/or it could be the WR's preference.

On the incomplete to Evans, the ball was gone almost immediately, not certain but basically like a 3-step drop & let it go.

On the one that TO dropped, he didn't release it til much later & really had to zing it in order to reach him. (It was SLIGHTLY underthrown BTW, TO had to slow down a bit.)