The Annual "How'd we do?" survey

JÂy RÛßeÒ

So Tailgate X is in the books. Lots of additions this year, with the band, the community grill, etc.

As always we like to hear what you thought - what'd you like, what would you change.

I did enjoy the band. I might've put their setup more at an angle than straight on at the tent, but at least there was space to the side that was not getting blasted. The grill was nice to have, and thanks go out to Lori, Steve, and Guffalo for contributing to the dogs, ribs, wings that were available. And the strombolis were awesome - thanks to the Meades for that!

Enough of my input - what'd you guys think?

Regarding the Band:

• I am one of the few who probably did not like the band. There was no need for band to play recorded music when they were not playing, they were too loud and gave me a headache, seemed to think they were auditioning as commercial announcer and the attempts at getting people to come over reminded me of the mid men at fairs. On the good notes it did seem to attract attention but I am not sure it helped the site. The sound system did make it easier to hear raffles and such.
  • If the tailgate is going to have a band next year I'd recommend putting them to side more so there is some areas with less sound. It did appear that it was a bit cramped compared to last year. It was nice to see Rockpile let his hair down.

T-shirts were of course great and maybe we could hang previous years' shirts up as part of history display.

Steve's ribs were outstanding as always as was Mrs. Meade's Stromboli. Community gril definitely will help everyone spend more time what we are there for (no not beer) socializing and catching up with friends.

Too bad so many regulars could not come. I understand that the late game affected the ability of some people to get back from game at reasonable time but it gave so much more time and weather was great.

File this as a lessons learned: It is really a shame that some decided to steal from our tailgate when we were away. After announcements next year we need to make sure we put things away. I know Hammer has people protecting the cars but a tailgate on side of road is a prime target for thieves.

I missed so many people who could not attend. Hopefully next year we will have more but also when we were able to purchase the group tickets more people attended. Too many waited to long and didn't have tickets to the opener which is always sold out.

The grill idea was awesome. The band was nice but too loud - why all speakers were facing the tent is beyond me. When you have people talking to you across a table and you can't hear a word coming out of thier mouth means the band was too loud. They were entertaining - fun and played well.

The tailgaters are extremely generous with all donations of food, raffle items and money for the charity. This year was the Veterans Hospital. A special thanks to Jan who could not attend this year and still bought tailgate shirts and sent a large donation to the charity. We missed you and Bob.

Many compliments on the shirts from people in the stadium.

Regarding the Band:

• I am one of the few who probably did not like the band. There was no need for band to play recorded music when they were not playing, they were too loud and gave me a headache, seemed to think they were auditioning as commercial announcer and the attempts at getting people to come over reminded me of the mid men at fairs. On the good notes it did seem to attract attention but I am not sure it helped the site. The sound system did make it easier to hear raffles and such.
  • If the tailgate is going to have a band next year I'd recommend putting them to side more so there is some areas with less sound. It did appear that it was a bit cramped compared to last year. It was nice to see Rockpile let his hair down.

T-shirts were of course great and maybe we could hang previous years' shirts up as part of history display.

Steve's ribs were outstanding as always as was Mrs. Meade's Stromboli. Community gril definitely will help everyone spend more time what we are there for (no not beer) socializing and catching up with friends.

Too bad so many regulars could not come. I understand that the late game affected the ability of some people to get back from game at reasonable time but it gave so much more time and weather was great.

File this as a lessons learned: It is really a shame that some decided to steal from our tailgate when we were away. After announcements next year we need to make sure we put things away. I know Hammer has people protecting the cars but a tailgate on side of road is a prime target for thieves.

I was new to the TBD tailgate this year and the band was my suggestion...I think it went over great! They really play to the crowd...that was the part of that "mid men at fairs" thing you were talking about. I see you are coming up for the Cleveland game...why dont you stop by, or better yet, buy a ticket for my tailgate...and you will see how we do it. We spread out a little more and people that like it loud are close and others can get to the side...We have a great time...Not trying to compare parties...just want you to see that it's not a bad thing to have a band...it gets people pumped up for the game.....WWW.TAILGATE-STAMPEDE.COM This will be our 15th year and I'm pretty sure we got this down....we even won for Best in Buffalo when Jack Daniels used to come around and judge...it's gotten better since. I wouldnt mind hooking up with TBD tailgate every year and hopefully you guys hookin up with ours every year...Scott and I could make sure we always have it on different games!!!

Hey Glenn

I was cleaning out my van and those blue glasses you thought were stolen are in my van. CrazyMary picked up all the leftover items off the raffle table and put them in the van for next year. I didn't know until Monday night.

Hey Glenn

I was cleaning out my van and those blue glasses you thought were stolen are in my van. CrazyMary picked up all the leftover items off the raffle table and put them in the van for next year. I didn't know until Monday night.

Good those were not taken. I just think it is a shame that people are raiding fellow tailgates.

Good those were not taken. I just think it is a shame that people are raiding fellow tailgates.

Case of water $4.00 Some people left before the end of the game and might have been thirsty. A couple of candy bars $3.00 big deal. Next year take charge and secure everything.

Hey Glenn

I was cleaning out my van and those blue glasses you thought were stolen are in my van.

Those blue cups were free from the stadium, picked them up after the Detroit pre-season game, so it's not like anything valuable was taken. If anyone wants some, let me know, send me a PM with how many and how to get them to you, and I'll get more this weekend. If you want them mailed, I'll let you know what postage will be.

Look I know the young crowd likes it deafening loud that they loose their hearing by 30 and that's their prerogative. When its so loud that I cannot have a conversation with "Wallers" I only have a chance to talk with once a year, then it becomes a very big problem with me. When it was loud all the young crowd was hiding in the back away from the blast. Only when the band toned it down did people appear. I know, I saw all the faces peering tentatively in the direction of the band from a safe distance of about 30 feet. This was a good band and once they toned the blast down so you could at least make out the words, their music was enjoyable. I love all kinds of music and loudness doesn't make bad music any better but sure does destroy good music by a very good band. I have a very good suggestion since all those poor young souls were stuck in the back and couldn't get the full impact of the so LOUD music they so desparately crave, lets move the band to the back so those of us who want to talk football can do so without shouting!!!!!

Bilzfan35 this isn't directed towards you in any respect. I could have replied in like manner to any number of posts here.

I was new to the TBD tailgate this year and the band was my suggestion...I think it went over great! They really play to the crowd...that was the part of that "mid men at fairs" thing you were talking about. I see you are coming up for the Cleveland game...why dont you stop by, or better yet, buy a ticket for my tailgate...and you will see how we do it. We spread out a little more and people that like it loud are close and others can get to the side...We have a great time...Not trying to compare parties...just want you to see that it's not a bad thing to have a band...it gets people pumped up for the game.....WWW.TAILGATE-STAMPEDE.COM This will be our 15th year and I'm pretty sure we got this down....we even won for Best in Buffalo when Jack Daniels used to come around and judge...it's gotten better since. I wouldnt mind hooking up with TBD tailgate every year and hopefully you guys hookin up with ours every year...Scott and I could make sure we always have it on different games!!!

Look I know the young crowd likes it deafening loud that they loose their hearing by 30 and that's their prerogative. When its so loud that I cannot have a conversation with "Wallers" I only have a chance to talk with once a year, then it becomes a very big problem with me. When it was loud all the young crowd was hiding in the back away from the blast. Only when the band toned it down did people appear. I know, I saw all the faces peering tentatively in the direction of the band from a safe distance of about 30 feet. This was a good band and once they toned the blast down so you could at least make out the words, their music was enjoyable. I love all kinds of music and loudness doesn't make bad music any better but sure does destroy good music by a very good band. I have a very good suggestion since all those poor young souls were stuck in the back and couldn't get the full impact of the so LOUD music they so desparately crave, lets move the band to the back so those of us who want to talk football can do so without shouting!!!!!

Bilzfan35 this isn't directed towards you in any respect. I could have replied in like manner to any number of posts here.

we'll look into a better setup next year Steve. Thanks for the feedback! <_<

First of all! I am not under 30! Second of all...I did not hide in any corner at any time! And 3rd...I already said that there could have been a better set up with the band. If you weren't talking about me then why would you put my name in here? I can hear just fine and I have been listening to this band for years. I agree that they sound better when they dont blast it! The people showed up later because they were just getting warmed up and ready to have some fun...it happens every time they play. People dont just go out and start dancing as soon as the band starts! Are they out there when you dont have a band at all? Maybe it takes a little motivation for some people to get up off their asses and have a little fun? I dont know...but what I do know is that I love having a band at every major event...it just makes everybody let loose and have fun once in awhile.....Is that a bad thing? Not mad....Just responding! Goooo....Bills!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I think it was just some water and maybe some candy bars off the table... I should have put the water away. No biggie.

I recently received a letter concerning this Felony act. Besides the letter, the envelope included some United States funs.

So either SDS or Jack please forward me your address so that this matter can be put to rest.