Lil Donte

I've been hard on the little guy for his lack of playmaking ability, his big mouth and overall average play but today he made some big plays. He stood out today for the first time as the D's best player along with K. Williams. The pick was great, he cleaned up Buggs's hit on 4th down and he made a couple of nice hits over the middle. I thought he played well against the Pats too. Obviously FS is where he should be. Props Lil Donte, you deserve a solid A so far! No more flashes though, we need consistant play out of you!!!!!

I've been hard on the little guy for his lack of playmaking ability, his big mouth and overall average play but today he made some big plays. He stood out today for the first time as the D's best player along with K. Williams. The pick was great, he cleaned up Buggs's hit on 4th down and he made a couple of nice hits over the middle. I thought he played well against the Pats too. Obviously FS is where he should be. Props Lil Donte, you deserve a solid A so far! No more flashes though, we need consistant play out of you!!!!!

Lil Donté? Don't get that. Anyways, people have always said he should have been playing FS.

Someone pee in your Cheerios this morning?

A fair question, asked douchily. But fine, name me 2 Whitner Big Plays™ from any one of his previous campaigns. Maybe I'm old and senile but I sure can't remember them. I do remember him taking bad angles on long TD runs and getting trucked by Sammy Morris. Maybe I'm just negative.

BTW, that was a backhanded compliment for Whitner. This is the first game I've seen him play like a top-10 pick. But Michael Huff picked the same day to do it too :lol:

yep---this is his natural position..huge difference

yep---this is his natural position..huge difference

It is? I thought consensus when he was drafted was that he didn't have the range for FS, he was pegged for SS from the beginning, like Huff in that year, or LaRon Landry for the Skins. Not a natural FS like the late Sean Taylor or Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu.

It is? I thought consensus when he was drafted was that he didn't have the range for FS, he was pegged for SS from the beginning, like Huff in that year, or LaRon Landry for the Skins. Not a natural FS like the late Sean Taylor or Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu.

well sometime we are surprised

A fair question, asked douchily. But fine, name me 2 Whitner Big Plays™ from any one of his previous campaigns. Maybe I'm old and senile but I sure can't remember them. I do remember him taking bad angles on long TD runs and getting trucked by Sammy Morris. Maybe I'm just negative.

BTW, that was a backhanded compliment for Whitner. This is the first game I've seen him play like a top-10 pick. But Michael Huff picked the same day to do it too :lol:

Douchily is a great word. I agree, a few plays does not make a player but he was solid in every area today. Again, I am not a big fan and I cannot believe how some talk about this guy as if he walks on water but you have to give credit where credit is due. It's very hard for me to cheer for him because he's had a Pro Bowl Mouth and has been an average player but I hope he keeps playing like he has this season. BTY Donte, Drew Brees is knockin.

You might want to watch the game again. I was at the game and he was playing FS the entire game.

You might want to learn football.....

cuz he was in the nickel for almost every play in the 4th....

even on the TD-INT.....Whitner was the nickel....Byrd had cover 2 responsibility on the play