Next weeks game should be interesting...

1billsfan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, this one next week has the makings of an ugly, ugly game...Could be a shootout, could be a blowout. I really don't see any situation where it is a really close game though...

The ONLY chance you have against N.O. is to hold on to the football and play ball control offense. But at the end of your 12 or 13 play drives, you have to put the ball in the end zone. The less Brees and Co. are on the field, the less damage they can do.

Though they lost big, the Eagles playing with some no name QB put up 463 yards on New Orleans. The Bills actually have an offense that can finally put some points up on the board. If the loud home crowd can tamper down the Saints point total to the high thirties and the Bills receivers really hit their stride, maybe they could win a barn burner. I can't wait till next week, hopefully it's going to be a fun one to watch.

My hats off to Dick Jauron for at least making this team entertaining again. See how much fun football is when you loosen up?

Kevin Kolb is better than any QB on the Bills roster

Yeah, and Trent has been just sooo stellar. :rolleyes:

Its no secret I have been critical of Trent, but there is no way in hell Kolb is better than Trent. Kolb has been awful...going into todays game, Kolb played 18 series and had 0 TD's and 6 turnovers...his day today wasnt good either...sure he had a lot of yards, but thats because NO ran away with the game in the second half and he had to throw non stop.

He now has 2 TD's, and 9 turnovers...his throws are terrible, his first TD to DeSean could have been completed by mom as DJ was wide open by about 20 yards...he makes terrible decisions too boot...

Really!

So let me get this right. The Saints have had 515 and 421 yards of offense and Brees has had 358 and 311 with 9 TDs in the first 2 weeks. The Bills have given up 441 and 353 yards to the Pats and Bucs, who are terrible. Brady went for 378 yards with 2 TDs and Leftwich went for 296 yards and 3 TDs, and somehow you think the Bills can take the Saints offense out of the equation. Right! :rolleyes: Thanks for the laugh though!

You realize that the bloated offensive numbers has been partly due to the fact that through 120 minutes of football, the Bills have been down for about 1 minute and the other team has been playing catch up, right? Leftwich really bloated his stats when they were just chucking the ball at the end of the game. Not saying our pass defense is spectacular, but I don't think that it as bad as the stats indicate it is at this point in the season.

You should bet the mortgage then. Line opened at 4.

The man makes a good point. The bookies, who are a tough crowd to beat, say the game will be somewhere between a touchdown and a field goal difference. Those predicting a blowout are probably hopefully wrong.

I mean lets face it - They (the Saints) allowed Detroit to score 27 points in their home opener. A rookie QB went into New Orleans and put up 27 points against this team...Detroit for god sakes...the same team that went 0-16 last year! And then this week a back-up QB put up 22 points against them and gave the saints 3 interceptions. I didn't watch that game, but with three INTs and a fumble early in the 3rd quarter, the Eagles made a ton of mistakes and I'm guessing made the saints look alot better than they really are.

It won't be an easy game by any means, but at least we're at home and if we can play without too many mistakes we definitely have a shot...

Explain how Kolb, with 2 tds and 7 ints in his career is better than Trent. I'm not pretending TE is heading to the HOF or anything, but they have been in the league the same amount of time and today was Kolbs first start, and it wasn't particularly impressive.

you have got to be kidding me with that statement...have you watched the saints play at all these two games?

the Saints have scored 48 and 45 points their first two games and you think there is a chance the Bills defense can take the saints offense out of the equation...if a comment ever deserverd a :rolleyes: its that one

i think you are putting a little too much into the Bills win today over a bad Tampa team

No I haven't watched the Saints. I'm a Bills fan, remember? I'm not putting my faith in any game. I'm putting my faith in the secondary.

If you don't think we have a chance, why don't you let the Bills know that so that Ralph can save the costs of having the team play next week.

If a response to a comment ever deserved a B-) it's yours. I respect the team, maybe not old Dick, but the team itself. I don't see a blow out with a one dimensional team. Don't you think that teams won't get wise to the Saints passing game and plan for it, with little or no run to speak of? It's week freakin two here. Of course an explosive offense will shine, but were moving into another week. The Saints are blowing loads all over the place and giving up their entire playbook two weeks in.

It's just like Miami and the WildCat. It eventually get's figured out. Maybe not by the Bills this week, who knows, but their Offense is exploitable. The Eagles put up 391 yards on them. They have no defense. We might not have the *BEST* defense, but we do have some play makers. We also have a hell of a good back in Jackson. Were not one dimensional.

We're banged up, but we continue onward. If you really don't think we have a chance then bet on the Saints with your life savings. Win big, then buy the damn team yourself.

*EDIT* to say: Whom really have the Saints played thus far? Detroit...no comment need and Eagles - usually a very serviceable team, this year they have a rookie QB. Both put up a heck of a lot of yards on the Saints defense. We're better defensively then both teams, banged up and all. Anyone with a reasonable sense knows this. Let's use the same example, in two games against one good and one lacking but still decent opponent, we've been there every stretch of the way. We lost game one on a bad mistake, but a VERY good overall outing. We won game 2 with a VERY good overall outing. Neither were perfect, but definately something to build upon.

maybe you can explain to me how famous NFL names like Edwards and Fitzpatrick are better than a no name like Kolb

Aren't you the same one who said stats were for losers???

This conversation will go nowhere fast, then, won't it??

But ya, to answer your question, their stats.

To even type something as stupid as Kolb is better than Fitz, let alone Trent, goes to show how much of a Football fan you really are.

You should be posting in a Tennis thread somewhere... :rolleyes:

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Maybin please learn a spin move before next Sunday OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMStop taking your cues from Aaron Schobel and trying to get to the pocket by way of an arc thru the end zone OMMMMMMMMMM

No, seriously, New Orleans is gonna MURDER us if we aren't 100X better than we've been with our inside pass rush with just the front four. Death on wheels.

I pray I'm wrong, of course.

The game plan vs New Orleans should be:

Offense:

Run Freddie J between Levitre and Wood, not outside. Saints has two solid D Ends.

Trent needs to have at least 3 completions to at least 7 different pass catchers. By having this large of spread across the offense will make it difficult for the Defense to key on a particular player on a big play, like a 3rd and 5 late in the 3rd quarter or something.

While in the no-huddle, no reason we cant have 12 play drives. We need long yardage wise drives to keep our D fresh on sidelines, while still using no huddle.

The offense needs to filter back in screen passes. G Williams is blitz happy and we can nail is coffin with well planned screen passes.

Go spread offense about 30% of the time to screw up G Williams blitz happy D.

No turnovers. Saints converted three turnovers, two very deep in Philly territory, in to 21 points.

Defense:

NO BLITZING. Brees torched the Blitz happy Philly D, who just would not stop blitzing.

Cover 2 or 3. 2 to 3 deep the majority of time.

Allow for the short catches but make the pass catcher PAY the PRICE.

Drew Brees is actually a short human being. If Stroud and Williams can keep the middle clogged while Schobel and Kelsay stay to the outside, Brees will have some issues seeing over the line. Sound familiar?

Use Maybin's speed rush outside always, He was locking up to much vs the Bucs and not using any hand technique whatsoever.

If New Orleans is going to score and they will, hopefully it will be quick scores, no long time consuming drive scores. This will get the D off the field and keep New Orleans D on the field.

Special teams:

Here we have a real advantage. Detroit and Philly both had solid success on returns vs New Orleans. No reason we cant gash New Orleans for sizable returns, when given the chance.

Score - I see a four point game. ( I know better than to pick/pick against the Bills :rolleyes:)

The game plan vs New Orleans should be:

Offense:

Run Freddie J between Levitre and Wood, not outside. Saints has two solid D Ends.

Trent needs to have at least 3 completions to at least 7 different pass catchers. By having this large of spread across the offense will make it difficult for the Defense to key on a particular player on a big play, like a 3rd and 5 late in the 3rd quarter or something.

While in the no-huddle, no reason we cant have 12 play drives. We need long yardage wise drives to keep our D fresh on sidelines, while still using no huddle.

The offense needs to filter back in screen passes. G Williams is blitz happy and we can nail is coffin with well planned screen passes.

Go spread offense about 30% of the time to screw up G Williams blitz happy D.

No turnovers. Saints converted three turnovers, two very deep in Philly territory, in to 21 points.

Defense:

NO BLITZING. Brees torched the Blitz happy Philly D, who just would not stop blitzing.

Cover 2 or 3. 2 to 3 deep the majority of time.

Allow for the short catches but make the pass catcher PAY the PRICE.

Drew Brees is actually a short human being. If Stroud and Williams can keep the middle clogged while Schobel and Kelsay stay to the outside, Brees will have some issues seeing over the line. Sound familiar?

Use Maybin's speed rush outside always, He was locking up to much vs the Bucs and not using any hand technique whatsoever.

If New Orleans is going to score and they will, hopefully it will be quick scores, no long time consuming drive scores. This will get the D off the field and keep New Orleans D on the field.

Special teams:

Here we have a real advantage. Detroit and Philly both had solid success on returns vs New Orleans. No reason we cant gash New Orleans for sizable returns, when given the chance.

Score - I see a four point game. ( I know better than to pick/pick against the Bills :rolleyes:)

The Bills actually have an offense that can put up some big numbers against a bad defense like the Saints. I wouldn't expect to see a "clock-killing" prevent offense from Buffalo just to keep Brees and Co off the field. Please no heavy dose of runs up the middle. This is one when you tell your offense to outscore the other team. With Owens, Evans, Jackson and Reed you have the weapons to actually get the job done. I expect a very close, high scoring, entertaining game this week.

The Bills actually have an offense that can put up some big numbers against a bad defense like the Saints. I wouldn't expect to see a "clock-killing" prevent offense from Buffalo just to keep Brees and Co off the field. Please no heavy dose of runs up the middle. This is one when you tell your offense to outscore the other team. With Owens, Evans, Jackson and Reed you have the weapons to actually get the job done. I expect a very close, high scoring, entertaining game this week.

agreed, this one should be fun to watch.

i'd like to see the D lay some lumber on Brees, shake him up a little. the same goes for the tall skinny receivers Colston, Meachem, Moore and the lot, make them 'pay the price' after catch as someone above noted. also, i'd like to see us play some mind games with Shockey, get under his skin and let him shoot his mouth off