Anyone else having trouble with DirecTV?

Sig1Hunter

Ugh! They have billed me for the ST, but the channels aren't available! Their website it unbelieveable slow, and their phone lines are jacked up. Its a good thing the Bills game is on local TV in Central Florida, otherwise I'd be REALLY upset as opposed to mildly irked. Anyone else having similar issues, or is it just me?

Ugh! They have billed me for the ST, but the channels aren't available! Their website it unbelieveable slow, and their phone lines are jacked up. Its a good thing the Bills game is on local TV in Central Florida, otherwise I'd be REALLY upset as opposed to mildly irked. Anyone else having similar issues, or is it just me?

Nope - seeing the games just fine. Sorry to hear about your frustration, but atleast you will be able to see the game that matters ...

They say that they will no longer send the sunday ticket to old receivers. You need to up grade to a newer receiver. Their lines are jamed. They said they'ed send me a new one for free. Lucky I also have a new one hooked up to another TV

Okay now I am worried. for now I am seeing the games just fine. But I will be seriously pi$$ed if I dont get to see the Bills game.

I'm guessing it could be a localized issue with some account provisioning. If you get the games now, hopefully you'll still be fine at 4PM. I'm sort of ok for today as the game will be on local TV, but suck not to see the other games now.

They say that they will no longer send the sunday ticket to old receivers. You need to up grade to anewer receiver. Their lines are jamed. They said they'ed send me a new one for free. Lucky I also have a new one hooked up to another TV

To paraphrase Adam Sandler - this is the kind of information that would have been helpful LAST WEEK!!!

(not shouting at you, but DirecTV)

I'm guessing it could be a localized issue with some account provisioning. If you get the games now, hopefully you'll still be fine at 4PM. I'm sort of ok for today as the game will be on local TV, but suck not to see the other games now.

No, it's a receiver upgrade issue. You will no longer be able to receive the sunday ticket over out dated receivers.

To paraphrase Adam Sandler - this is the kind of information that would have been helpful LAST WEEK!!!

(not shouting at you, but DirecTV)

EXACTLY! this is total BS and they're going to be flooded with callers all day. I got it fine last week, why doesn't it work this week. All about more money for them.

Last week during the games I had a message on my old receiver upstairs that said that I'd need to upgrade to a new reciever for the following week of Sunday Ticket. We called and they sent us a new one by Thursday.

I wish I would have got the message. Better yet, why couldn't they just set up an automated phone call to all ST subscribers? This is not good for business for DTV...

I thought DIRECTV had incredible customer service, and never had any service issues...at least that is what I am told, here, over and over again... :thumbdown:

This is the first problem I've had in 15 years and they are sending me a new receicer for no charge. If you are having this problem make sure you talk to them to get the new receiver sent to you by next week.

IMHO, DirecTV is an evil, evil company. My personal experience with them has been so bad that I've switched to cable, but get their basic package only during the season to get Sunday Ticket. It's a monopoly effectively and so what you get is monopoly pricing and monopoly customer service. Twice I've made service appointments for first thing in the morning and not only are they late, but they don't bother to show up at all, meaning you've essentially wasted a day. When you call them to complain, they shrug their shoulders and say "Sorry, we outsourced our installations, so we're not really responsible--would you like a $30 credit for your wasted day?" It really is scandalous and should be investigated. In fact, I'm on the phone with them right now (or trying to be) over a billing issue. This most recent problem I had with them required a service visit and this time the guy was only 3 hours late and promised a $75 credit which, surprise, surprise, hasn't shown up on my bill. I've been hung up on by the system once, hung up on by a customer service person once (each after long waits) and am now waiting for 15 minutes or so more just out of pique. TMQ or someone in the media really needs to do an expose on these guys. I've got some friends who work for some of the major papers here in NY and would love to pitch this as an idea for them on the crappy state of customer service by some companies today. They truly are a bad company in my opinion, making cable look like angels in comparison......

Is it Direct TV that that renews your contract obligation back up to full term every time they send a customer new/replacement/upgraded equipment?

:thumbdown:

Yes, its in the fine print....total BS but I have to have my sunday ticket.

Yes, its in the fine print....total BS but I have to have my sunday ticket.

That's exactly what's wrong with the picture--it's a monopoly. We have no choice but to go through them for football and they can do whatever they want to us. It's just plain wrong.....

That's exactly what's wrong with the picture--it's a monopoly. We have no choice but to go through them for football and they can do whatever they want to us. It's just plain wrong.....

Add in some boos for the NFL.

T-W is wiling to carry it on a sports tier for those who wish to pay for it, but the NFL wants it to be paid for by all subscribers - the deal there being that the ad exposure (and ad revenue for the NFL) is more widespread.

I had to call them to turn my superfan back on. Last week was a free preview, and when DTV turned off the free preview, they turned off MOST of the fans who had paid as well. It took me an hour to even get through, and the gal said they were getting killed with calls from irate fans....

Start with the channels @ 702-1 and end w/719-1

when your game is on local TV, it is not on ST. i live in PB county, had no problems with any tickrt channels.If you do not have superfan, you do not get HD.