Why I'd like to see a Firing

JOHNNYFAIRPLAY

"Who do you recommend get the axe? Bobby April for his guy bringing the ball out of the end zone? Perry for having the same defense called in the same situation that NE scored the first one on? Dick Jauron for being Dick Jauron? What do you think the major benefits are for switching these individuals now?

I've noticed this habit on the board... the SECOND somebody has a different idea on a topic they are called an idiot, and no opposite argument is provided. It's simply 'you don't agree with me?! you're obviously stupid!' People are way too eager to try to prove their superiority over others, and you just look ignorant because of it. Explain your point in a different way and let them know WHY you think their idea is not the proper course. "

Timba -

I believe the best way to start is to dismiss DJ. Like Schottenheimer was released for not being able to win in the playoffs. DJ showed he has no control of this team. McKelvin is programmed to catch the ball and run as fast as he can. DJ is responsible for making sure the right move is made, relaying that to the (in this case) Special Teams coach, who then gives the order to the player (if the player goes rogue, then he should be released).

He did not do this in this case. He has proven that he can not win in games like this...which ultimately determines whether or not you make the playoffs or have a successful season. He can not do either, thus he should be removed.

Look at it this way...whether or not you all want to admit it, this entire season is a total wash because the Bills will not make the playoffs (you'll kick yourself in December when that becomes more evident)...so, the Bills can begin the process now, lose big and hope for a big draft pick, or maybe win something like 5 games, and just keep Joe Fan waiting to see what happens. Personally, I prefer sooner than later, it demonstrates to me that the organization wants to "FIND" a way to win. And they cant win with this coaching staff.

May sound drastic, but if it were me, I would dismiss the entire coaching staff other than Van Pelt... and start over...yes, in the beginning of the season.

Just My Opinion, and yes, if you dont agree with me I tend to believe you're an idiot.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Who do you recommend get the axe? Bobby April for his guy bringing the ball out of the end zone? Perry for having the same defense called in the same situation that NE scored the first one on? Dick Jauron for being Dick Jauron? What do you think the major benefits are for switching these individuals now?

I've noticed this habit on the board... the SECOND somebody has a different idea on a topic they are called an idiot, and no opposite argument is provided. It's simply 'you don't agree with me?! you're obviously stupid!' People are way too eager to try to prove their superiority over others, and you just look ignorant because of it. Explain your point in a different way and let them know WHY you think their idea is not the proper course. "

Timba -

I believe the best way to start is to dismiss DJ. Like Schottenheimer was released for not being able to win in the playoffs. DJ showed he has no control of this team. McKelvin is programmed to catch the ball and run as fast as he can. DJ is responsible for making sure the right move is made, relaying that to the (in this case) Special Teams coach, who then gives the order to the player (if the player goes rogue, then he should be released).

He did not do this in this case. He has proven that he can not win in games like this...which ultimately determines whether or not you make the playoffs or have a successful season. He can not do either, thus he should be removed.

Look at it this way...whether or not you all want to admit it, this entire season is a total wash because the Bills will not make the playoffs (you'll kick yourself in December when that becomes more evident)...so, the Bills can begin the process now, lose big and hope for a big draft pick, or maybe win something like 5 games, and just keep Joe Fan waiting to see what happens. Personally, I prefer sooner than later, it demonstrates to me that the organization wants to "FIND" a way to win. And they cant win with this coaching staff.

May sound drastic, but if it were me, I would dismiss the entire coaching staff other than Van Pelt... and start over...yes, in the beginning of the season.

Just My Opinion, and yes, if you dont agree with me I tend to believe you're an idiot.

I think there was more to it than that, he and AJ weren't exactly buds.

Exactly! this is working out REALLY well for the Lions!

Again, when you are at the absolute bottom (ie have not been to the playoffs in forever), which is where the Bills are, HOW CAN IT POSSIBLY GET ANY WORSE?

Still not one person on this board has been able to answer that question.

Stop wasting your time trying to justify losing.

Then there is that sanders guy. We bring him in as a dline coach, and what does he do? He teaches the dline to rush the passer! I mean, a dline that couldn't do that last year, can all of a sudden do it now? Fire sanders for teaching them that!

what part of "we lost so fire everyone" dont you get? its an opnion. start your own thread praising the new dline coach...I will not post on it.

Again, when you are at the absolute bottom (ie have not been to the playoffs in forever), which is where the Bills are, HOW CAN IT POSSIBLY GET ANY WORSE?

Easily. We can have an empty stadium like the jags, fights with the coaching staff like the raiders, holdout of the number one pick like the 49ers, injuries like the eagles, have never been to a superbowl, we could still have Losman on the team, we could have TO screaming up and down the field, we could have actually lost to the pats* 60-9 like EVERYONE predicted, i mean, i could go on and on and on.

what part of "we lost so fire everyone" dont you get? its an opnion. start your own thread praising the new dline coach...I will not post on it.

I am agreeing with you! Sanders needs to be fired. He taught that Dline how to rush the passer. Anyone that has watched the game film knows that is why we lost. fire sanders now! how dare he improve our Dline! it worked WAY better last year when we didn't rush the passer.

Easily. We can have an empty stadium like the jags, fights with the coaching staff like the raiders, holdout of the number one pick like the 49ers, injuries like the eagles, have never been to a superbowl, we could still have Losman on the team, we could have TO screaming up and down the field, we could have actually lost to the pats* 60-9 like EVERYONE predicted, i mean, i could go on and on and on.

All of those, 100 times more interesting than another losing boring "i already know whats going to happen" season....and 60-9...really? I would have given you 60-3, but not 9.

Hmm...your previous rant post got closed. Like a bug that didn't gain education from the first squash, here you are again.

Seems that Johnny doesn't have the concept of fair play quite...nailed...down.

Da*n - I thought this thread showed promise... :censored:

Edited by stuckincincy

How can it get any worse than 7-9? 0-16. Followed by paying the # pick in the draft a butt-load of money, then having him come in and do squat. Then being tied to his contract for at least 4 more losing years.

And firing the coaching staff right now not only could get us there, but it would also make it very difficult to hire anyone good enough to turn things around. Who wants to come work for an organization that just decided 1 game into the season to fire the entire coaching staff? Who, in your estimation would come here following that, who could actually do anything to make things better?

How can it get any worse than 7-9? 0-16. Followed by paying the # pick in the draft a butt-load of money, then having him come in and do squat. Then being tied to his contract for at least 4 more losing years.

And firing the coaching staff right now not only could get us there, but it would also make it very difficult to hire anyone good enough to turn things around. Who wants to come work for an organization that just decided 1 game into the season to fire the entire coaching staff? Who, in your estimation would come here following that, who could actually do anything to make things better?

Good point, but here's the counter-point.

1.) 7-9 or 0-16 --->Does any of it matter if you dont make the playoffs? The answer is no.

2.) You have to look at the total body of work. DJ has been given plenty of time, he has proven he can not win and can not get to the playoffs. So, who would come to an organization thats so commiitted to winning......that they fired their coach and are looking for a winner. The answer is a Winner, and thats all I want, playoffs and winning.

What do you think Caveman?

Still not one person on this board has been able to answer that question.

Stop wasting your time trying to justify losing.

I agree with most everything you say. It used to be fun to come here and talk football rationally and everyone giving their honest assesment. Now people just want to bash everyone for good points with no counter debate. I almost got caught into the same web with a few people but now will not sink down to their level.

Its funny because right before I read your post, I was saying the same things to my buddy at work. Like, Dick should be telling Bobby who should be tellin Leodis...Hey we are up by 5, 2 min left, down it in the end zone or if you run it out dont go into a pile and get down etc.... But this coaching staff never ever has enough situational awareness or the communication to relay it to the players. Every week there is examples just like this...we all know what they are so I dont really feel like going back into the archives and posting them. Lack of attention to detail on game day will end up with more losses than wins throughout the season. The quicker DJ is gone the better of we will be.

Look, before Monday I was ready to see DJ and everyone dumped, but the Bills played an awesome game on Monday. I think AVP called a great game and, for having the cajones to fire Turk when he did, I think it buys DJ a few more weeks. As for Bobby April, I think it was the right call. Some impartial (i.e. non-Bills fan) friends of mine pointed out that he was right to bring it out since it ran more time off the clock and could have even deprived New England of an extra clock stoppage depending on how they played it. There was 2:06 on the clock. If he brings it out, the clock would run down to the two-minute warning. If he kneels, the Bills have to take a snap before the two-minute warning.

That said, Fewell's defensive play calling was the reason we were in that position to begin with (same thing with the Dallas game two years ago). After playing well against the Pats all night, they played soft once they went up by 11. I never understood why they just didn't stick with what was working the whole game.