Why I'd like to see a Firing

JOHNNYFAIRPLAY

"Who do you recommend get the axe? Bobby April for his guy bringing the ball out of the end zone? Perry for having the same defense called in the same situation that NE scored the first one on? Dick Jauron for being Dick Jauron? What do you think the major benefits are for switching these individuals now?

I've noticed this habit on the board... the SECOND somebody has a different idea on a topic they are called an idiot, and no opposite argument is provided. It's simply 'you don't agree with me?! you're obviously stupid!' People are way too eager to try to prove their superiority over others, and you just look ignorant because of it. Explain your point in a different way and let them know WHY you think their idea is not the proper course. "

Timba -

I believe the best way to start is to dismiss DJ. Like Schottenheimer was released for not being able to win in the playoffs. DJ showed he has no control of this team. McKelvin is programmed to catch the ball and run as fast as he can. DJ is responsible for making sure the right move is made, relaying that to the (in this case) Special Teams coach, who then gives the order to the player (if the player goes rogue, then he should be released).

He did not do this in this case. He has proven that he can not win in games like this...which ultimately determines whether or not you make the playoffs or have a successful season. He can not do either, thus he should be removed.

Look at it this way...whether or not you all want to admit it, this entire season is a total wash because the Bills will not make the playoffs (you'll kick yourself in December when that becomes more evident)...so, the Bills can begin the process now, lose big and hope for a big draft pick, or maybe win something like 5 games, and just keep Joe Fan waiting to see what happens. Personally, I prefer sooner than later, it demonstrates to me that the organization wants to "FIND" a way to win. And they cant win with this coaching staff.

May sound drastic, but if it were me, I would dismiss the entire coaching staff other than Van Pelt... and start over...yes, in the beginning of the season.

Just My Opinion, and yes, if you dont agree with me I tend to believe you're an idiot.

So dismiss them all now.... hmmmm ok??? Seriously that is the DUMBEST idea ever.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From now on, every time we lose a game, we get a new coaching staff. even if we go 15-1 during a season, that 1 loss is unacceptable and coaches WILL get fired. being perfect is the only way!

I get your point of view and th OP's point of view but your just making dumb nonsensical comments just to be annoying

I get your point of view and th OP's point of view but your just making dumb nonsensical comments just to be annoying

It is really just to point out why it is so irrational to fire and entire coaching staff for losing one game. I mean, pretty much EVERY team loses a game or more a season.... so why does it make sense to fire a coaching staff for losing one game? There is no rationale behind it.

not to mention you only fire someone when you have someone better to replace them. Who will replace them? Then the origional poster had to talk down to everyone saying "you must be a teacher who does nothing but wait for retirement." Like.... what the hell does that mean? I highly doubt teachers are posting on a board in the middle afternoon for one thing. He needs to get real. He acts like he is a big time CEO and thinks that running a football team is the same as running a business. And i don't think he can run either a business or a football team. If all the management of a business got fired every time a company had a bad quarter, the company would die. If you fire your entire football staff every time you lose, your football team will go nowhere.

Good point, but here's the counter-point.

1.) 7-9 or 0-16 --->Does any of it matter if you dont make the playoffs? The answer is no.

2.) You have to look at the total body of work. DJ has been given plenty of time, he has proven he can not win and can not get to the playoffs. So, who would come to an organization thats so commiitted to winning......that they fired their coach and are looking for a winner. The answer is a Winner, and thats all I want, playoffs and winning.

What do you think Caveman?

Yes there is a difference, 7-9 is mediocrity, 0-16 is embarrassing. If you go 0-16, you have ALOT more problems and alot more to fix then a team that goes 7-9

As for Firing April, Again the problem wasn't that he didn't kneel. If he knealt fans would be b*tching cause of the time left on the clock, you run the ball out to kill time and get past the 2 minute warning so you don't give the Pats another Time Out at the 2 minute warning

The problem was that Leodis tried fighting for more yards and didn't protect the ball when its obvious that the Pats first goal would be to try and strip it from him. He protects the ball and the Bills offence has to kill less than 2 minutes of clock with the Pats having 3 timeouts remaining. Bobby April is not to blame, Leodis just has to learn to protect the ball better

Yes there is a difference, 7-9 is mediocrity, 0-16 is embarrassing. If you go 0-16, you have ALOT more problems and alot more to fix then a team that goes 7-9

I will start by saying, you really dont get it. My guess is you have a 10th place ribbon somewhere in your box of childhood junk.

7-9 and 0-16 = THE SAME RESULT (no playoffs).

Really man, what part of that dont you get?

The only reason anyone plays the regular season is to make it to the playoffs, for a shot to make the superbowl.

Please.......please tell me you understand that.

"Who do you recommend get the axe? Bobby April for his guy bringing the ball out of the end zone? Perry for having the same defense called in the same situation that NE scored the first one on? Dick Jauron for being Dick Jauron? What do you think the major benefits are for switching these individuals now?

I've noticed this habit on the board... the SECOND somebody has a different idea on a topic they are called an idiot, and no opposite argument is provided. It's simply 'you don't agree with me?! you're obviously stupid!' People are way too eager to try to prove their superiority over others, and you just look ignorant because of it. Explain your point in a different way and let them know WHY you think their idea is not the proper course. "

I know where you are coming from, and if your comments are not directed specifically at me, they easily could be. I just want to say that I am more than happy to call people idiots *and* provide lucid and logical evidence supporting my position and my opinion of their intelligence. =p

When I call anyone an idiot/moron/etc, it is NOT because they disagree with me. It is because they perpetuate ideologies that are in direct contradiction to solid football logic without providing a single shred of supporting data. I mean there is nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, but if you want to be respected and/or not flamed, then you need to justify your position beyond "you must get your knowledge from Madden loolzes...."

Just my two cents.

For the moderator(s): everyone on this board who perpetuates flagrant and judgmental positions without providing a shred of evidence contrary other than "SouthGeorgiaBillsFan is stupid" (which we all can see as plain as day is not true) is an idiot/moron/etc. This post was my choice.

I will start by saying, you really dont get it. My guess is you have a 10th place ribbon somewhere in your box of childhood junk.

7-9 and 0-16 = THE SAME RESULT (no playoffs).

Really man, what part of that dont you get?

The only reason anyone plays the regular season is to make it to the playoffs, for a shot to make the superbowl.

Please.......please tell me you understand that.

Usually, this is the difference that he was pointing out.

7-9 = better chance of playoffs next year

0-16 = lesser chance at playoffs next year.

Basically, you don't understand 7 wins is a lot more than 0 wins. 3 more wins, and you could get into the playoffs (most of the time). So you only need to improve your team by 3 wins to get into the playoffs. Where as if you are 0-16, you have to make your team get 10 wins better in order to get into the playoffs.